How many of you would love a phone that dual boots Android+Windows 10

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
How many of you would want a Samsung Galaxy s6/s6 edge or an HTC ONE M9 that runs android and Windows 10?

I wouldn't !! But I wanna see how many of you all would.

(BTW, HTC has great, simple smartphone branding)

iTomas

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Nope.
Maybe it's just me, but i don't like android.
Windows 10UI and performance (especially with 512mb ram is impressive)

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I am open minded.

I love to have options. Android, Firefox, Tizen or any other OS with WP would be a big welcome from my side

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Dual Booting to get at a different OS is difficult enough on Desktop as far as I'm concerned. It would leave you so fragmented that you just couldn't be productive. Might be okay for a teenager that has no real work to do.

As far as flagships like that coming with an "option" for one OS or the other, that would be okay. Samsung Galaxy W10 version and Android version, but not dual boot. Perhaps even an option where both are installed, and when you boot up the first time, you can "choose" which one you want and it will delete the other. Would need software buttons instead of hardware buttons, though.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I actually had a triple boot setup going on my Nexus 4 for a little while: Android 4.2, Ubuntu Touch and Firefox OS. It's really more of a PITA switching between OS's than it is worth. Takes more memory on the phone and has little benefit outside of, "Look what I did!"

If you want to heavily invest in both ecosystems there would be some benefit, but it is way less efficient than having a Windows Phone and an Android tablet.

I'm out.

garvitmiglani97

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I would love to get one but only if both os's run together not dual boot so I can between them instantly not by again and again rebooting the device (as in case with desktop dual booting)

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Most who are literate in computer software MIGHT or MIGHT NOT like this. But for everyday people they couldn't careless as long as it doesn't ruin their user experience; For myself I might not like the idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs