Back from Android

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Been a long time user of MS products but have been using androids as my daily driver for a while now not to mention a work iPhone 6. Finally came back to windows phone for good this time though after selling my note 4 and LG G4.

I missed the camera on my old 1020 so decided to resurrect it with W10 preview even though i haven't replaced the broken screen yet. I'm liking where W10 is going especially with running 10130 on a spare laptop and now is the time i feel to get back on the WP bus to see where it is going. Bought a new 64gb 1020 from fleabay with a broken sim card reader so going to replace that and keep as daily phone along with a 930 i bought as well. Can never have too much choice when it comes to phones plus i need the 930 to play Halo on.

One thing that is needed is the app quality on wp, everything i need is on here but compared to droid it's somewhat lacking one of the apps i was going to use was mapmycycle but compared to the Android version it's woeful, saying that though i'll probably just use the band for that. Although there are some really good alternatives for some apps on wp.

Anyway great to be back into the MS stable, wife's going nuts at me for changing back again but with having an Xbox one and a surface pro 3 i feel i'm better having the full experience across all devices and it's looking like it's going to be Microsofts year judging by the E3 presentation and everything they have planned which i hope includes a new imaging flagship too.

Last edited:

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
The app quality from Microsoft has stepped up tenfold. The music app is beautiful; it configures seamlessly with my OneDrive account. The Outlook Mail and Calendar apps are top notch. I really like the direction Microsoft is going with Windows 10. Build 10136 is a much smoother build right now compared to other builds. I'm tempted to put my SIM card from my 925 into my 635 that I'm testing on Windows 10. The only thing that seems to be an issue is that it takes a while for apps to load when you click on them.

Last edited:

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the MS apps are great without a doubt it's just some of the 3rd party apps i'm mainly talking about, saying that i can live with them. 10136 is still a bit slow on the 1020 but it's going in the right direction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium