I was on YouTube this morning and ran across a few of my tech subscriptions that said MS is planning to kill Windows Phone. After listening for a few minutes I searched it and found several sites with stories up. Not trying to get a war started but what is anyone's general feeling about this? So you think there's any truth to it or is it a ploy for clicks?
    06-30-2015 10:41 AM
    I was on YouTube this morning and ran across a few of my tech subscriptions that said MS is planning to kill Windows Phone. After listening for a few minutes I searched it and found several sites with stories up. Not trying to get a war started but what is anyone's general feeling about this? So you think there's any truth to it or is it a ploy for clicks?
    Yeah it's true, Microsoft's killing Windows Phone and their gonna replace it with Windows 10 mobile.
    Singhonline likes this.
    06-30-2015 10:44 AM

Well Satya Nadella sent a vague mail to employees that tough choices are up ahead, so bloggers started making stories like they gonna ditch wp they gonna ditch surface production blah blah blah... MS won't kill windows phone but there might be tiny chance that they might close hardware production.. And give the software to OEMs which produce phones.. Basically become a software company...
    06-30-2015 10:45 AM
    The future of computing is in mobile. Increasing the present is as well. In many parts of the world a smart phone is the only computing device individuals will ever have. It is simple economics. If Microsoft does not stay in mobile they go under. Maybe not now... But in future.

People love to champion that Duopoly of Googgle/Apple as unassailable. Mostly it's due to shortsightedness and the fact that they've bought in heavily. Honestly, can you see it as true that 100 years from now there will only be iOS and Android? That they have such perfection that nothing else need be put forward? Am I saying that Microsoft is the answer? No. But I am saying that Google and Apple are what we have and they are no answer either. At this exact stage in the game it is a convenience that drives consumers to iOS and Android. A ubiquity.

Microsoft would be oh so right to keep plugging away in mobile and oh so doomed to fold now. One of the reasons that Microsoft got into mobile hardware to begin with was to lead by example. I don't believe that work is complete and I don't think the Microsoft board and shareholders believe it is either.
    06-30-2015 11:09 AM