Hello,

I like Nokia phones - I keep saying it's the hardware (I've had 6 and none have failed, and yes I travel) but it might also be a loyalty. They have always made great cameras and I thought great style. I loved their OVI suite which at the time was new when it came out. I like how they were the leader, they were innovative, but this has passed. And they don't like Korean cars - "no Kia". Yes. that is a joke.

If Nokia made an Android phone, I would still have access to all the MS services as apps - possibly, even with more functionality of WP apps. I would have more apps overall. I would also be part of the majority of phone owners - more development, more expansion. I keep hoping for some amazing Xbox-Hololens-Skype-Cloud-Desktop mega convergence.

If Nokia made a Windows phone, I would have a familiar ecosystem with the possibility of some better integration with the OS (well, hope so).

My biggest gripe with Android is the bloat and how it slows down. I had an Android tablet and phone. I found I had to rest the OS more than once to get back performance. On my two Windows desktops, I have not had that issue with W8.1. At work, my Windows 7 computer is pretty solid. WP - no issues but it has been only 8 months.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Mr. V
    07-01-2015 05:47 PM
    Hey Mr V

I always valued hardware just like you, but never liked the "look at me I'm yellow!" Nokias, until the 925 appeared and then the 930.

I don't think the bloated/slow/laggy android argument applies as it once did, the OS has grown up, matured and so has the hardware. To be honest I think windows phone has more to fix in that regard than android right now, specially with the resuming, loading screens and the slow animations.

This is why I bought a 930 to replace my still working 925: If you buy flagships 95% of any performance related flaws from the OS get masked up by healthy hardware specs. So getting an iPhone6, HTC One M9 or 930 will give you a nice overall user experience even when they have 3 different operating systems. You would only be choosing over some exclusive features and a different UI.

Whether Nokia comes out with a nice Android phone or W10 phone, build quality, real world performance and camera will be the deciding factors for me.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    07-01-2015 10:44 PM
    I've moved this thread to the General Windows Phone Discussion Lounge.

I'd probably pick a Nokia Windows Phone, rather than a Nokia Android, unless the Android ran stock and didn't have any custom skins or bloatware that couldn't be removed.
    07-02-2015 12:18 AM
    I wouldn't get a Nokia phone as of now and the near future since MS bought the people behind the Lumia's as we know them.
    Laura Knotek and vEEP pEEP like this.
    07-02-2015 01:25 AM
    Waiting the Z - launcher on top of the Nokia X.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    07-02-2015 01:45 AM
    Will go for Nokia windows phone.
    Reason - Bored of android. I know there are many many customization option but still it remains an android.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    07-02-2015 06:53 AM
    I'm sticking with WP for the foreseeable future, W10 mobile looks promising.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    07-02-2015 09:51 AM
    Sorry. No 'droid. No matter who is making the hardware. I'm done with it.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    07-02-2015 11:17 AM