All the whiners - please stop spreading FUD

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I am tired of coming in to read new posts where I am either looking for answers or trying to help out with questions and seeing some of you declaring Windows Phone is dead.

It's not dead. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It is a huge part of Microsoft's overall strategy and they have sold millions of phones, and continue to do so, daily.

You realize, having so many models on the market is confusing right? Here is an example from personal experience: I went in to Walmart to buy my friend a phone. Looked at the Lumia 435 ($50) Lumia 635 ($50) Lumia 640 ($100) Lumia 520 ($50).. in one of the smaller WalMart's in the country, all on the same wall. What's the difference paying $50 for the 635 or the 520 or the 435?? Not every consumer knows, so if it's $50 they probably will go with the highest model # cause it's 'better' even though its specs are worse than the 435, but the 635 has a little bigger screen .. etc etc...

I've been heavy into tech since the late 80's and I have to remind myself what model has better specs on many things, and the Lumia numbering confuses the hell out of me at times. It's not consistent, and Microsoft knows it. What they are doing is a great idea.

Of course, with any media source, it has been slanted the way the writer of any media outlet wants it. Facts are ignored if taken into consideration at all, and right now EVERYTHING IS SPECULATION ANYWAY.

Calm down.

And all you whiny brats who are miffed that you only have 6 Lumias a year vs. 20 odd scattered all over the spectrum, tough for you. Enjoy the very high cost and very terrible experience of iOS or the rampant fragmenting of cheap Android phones. We won't miss you.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I also think this is a good idea.. Apple has done very well with a similar platform and Ms Is setting the stage where everyone will be able to afford a windows phone be it flagship or entry level. No whining from this end at all except I hope all 3 variants are carried on every carrier in the US.

FancyFreddy

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Local M$ rep said his new Lumia is on the way and that if anything, its the Nokia team that was due to be downsized at some point anyhow.

I can't see M$ ditch the Lumia when the 640 (by most accounts) has been a success for an entry level device and the carriers have been running out of them at the initial US release.

Walmarts in MN and WI and IL have been had a tough time stocking these on the shelf for more than a few days. T-mobile must be pretty happy.

I might get one to unlock and use as a single sim phone here in the US for our LTE. But my dual sim 640 is still my EDC.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes they are ditching it. It's just a name. They are not going to go into a new future trying to distinguish the phones by sounding like the old ones. It sounds like each phone will have a codename. Microsoft McLaren was one of the rumoured ones. No more Lumia name. It makes no sense. Unless the low end model uses it somehow since people associate Lumia with cheap. But still doubt that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs