Whether to buy a new Windows Phone now?

biosbot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Having used my Lumia 630 for a long time now, i was planning to switch to 640XL tomorrow. However, with the recent new of layoffs and rumors that WIndows Phone may not actually survive in this competitive market made me reconsider my decision!

What do you'll think about the future? And suggest me whether to buy the 640 Giant, which i plan to continue (if bought) for 2 years at least.

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd go ahead and buy one.
2 years is a lifetime for most smartphone users.
No real need to worry speaking of cost versus time.

sufran

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Rumors R rumors!
There are news saying MS will make 3-6 phone a yr. So, don't bother. MS won't leave atleast for a couple of years.

If u are having enough money go with your plan. 640xl. That's really a nice looking phone. 630 is fine. Why do you want to change? I am having 525, 1 yr old. :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved to appropriate forum...

As per this advice: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/292973-who-should-post-ask-question-forum.html WC members are free to post in all areas of the board. Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.

Don't buy into the Doom and Gloom hype. Besides, two years is a loooooong time in tech. It's just as viable a personal device today as it was yesterday.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm not worrying bout those rumors, I'll believe it when I see it. To much effort going into win10 mobile. If my icon dies today I'll by another winphone in a heartbeat to replace it. Even if Ms crazy enough to chop mobile that does not mean the phone just stops working.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Go for it, I just did and am happy. Also they said they expect to make them for 2 years. That does not mean when 2 years hits, they will call it quits. Naturally of coarse if they're successful, which I feel they will be, they'll continue.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Go for it. I'll q wait until the high end Phone are released later this year but jumping Shop has never crossed my mind. Even if they do scrap Windows phone, whatever Phone I have at the time will still work fine.

Czesky

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I would go for it. Lumia 640 XL is a great smartphone and it's very good for gaming, watching movies or making pic's. I'm still using Lumia 520 as my main device - it's just great.

Windows Phone is the most popular smartphone in Russian Frederation. Microsoft will still be making phone's like these because they are doing Windows 10 Mobile for it. Each day more users switch to Windows Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos