Where is this device?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is the best forum for this. If not, maybe a moderator can move it.

I own numerous cars, some from before blue-tooth. I can't find a device I am looking for that would seamlessly add add hands free calling, texting, media playing, turn by turn navigation, etc..Basically, it should be a device that can pair with a phone, has a microphone for voice input, and connects to a car via a 3.5" audio jack (or other audio input method) and maybe a 12v (cigarette lighter) power source to charge/supplement the battery. It would have just one button to initiate voice commands to Cortana but hopefully could respond to a single voice command as the preferred method.

Push the button or speak the command to initiate input. The phone can do the rest, play music, hand-free text someone, make an outgoing call, start turn by turn navigation. All or most of that is already available in the phone. Not 100% sure about hands free navigation requests.

Incoming calls and text would be done hands free just as they are now but via the car's audio and blue-tooth device microphone.

So where are these devices? Is it that that iPhones and Android phones can't work that way and there aren't enough WP users to make it worth building a device like that?

There have to be hundreds of millions of cars without blue-tooth in North America alone. All the devices I see that can't do much more than make calls appear to be more complex than what I'm looking for yet do less.

Is this a case where it just hasn't dawned on some device maker how simple this would be and how much demand there would be with today's smart phones?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb