What's the best Lumia to buy for under $120 in 2015?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I suppose I would use it if it came with it. I'm an incoming college freshman so I may want it to not gain that Freshman 15 (or 20.) I've never had an activity tracker before, maybe it would help me be more mindful of how much exercise im getting, or not getting.

Well, the 830 has a pedometer function built in already so there's that. No sleep tracking or fancy stuff though. (fellow incoming freshman!)

Sent you a PM with 4 links all below $175. I have bought stuff from two of the 4 sellers in the links I sent you. So I think you should be fine. The best case for this phone is a clear Fosmon case which you can buy on eBay for $4. Screen protectors are cheap from Xtremeguard, search Retailmenot.com for a coupon code and you can buy a screen protector for as low as $1 or even less if you buy 2 or 3. Good luck with your search.

worldspy to the rescue!

lilnickiwonder

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I also want to say that I love this community! I love that I get replies and opinions and can interact with real people who care about helping me, super happy with this forum!

lilnickiwonder

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Can you let us know what you end up getting and also how you like it?

Of course I can! I plan on using it on AT&T gophone and my impression will be interesting because I live in Mississippi, I've never seen someone review how service is on different providers in Mississippi, but I can tell you that here T-Mo although they have the lowest prices, their service goes out everytime 2 trees stand next to each other (and that happens quite frequently here 😁
) I don't know about Verizon, but I've had straight talk att SIM here and it was fine, I also had the tmobile SIM with straight talk and that was horrible. I had virgin mobile, but that kept dropping calls and barely had a signal in my house.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unit is Seller Refurbished. BUYER BEWARE. Heard many horror stories about some guy on eBay refurbishing phones themselves. I prefer Manufacturer Refurbished.

Eh, while manufacturer refurb is preferable, I hold seller refurbished and used on about equal levels. Ultimately, make sure the dude isn't "wanna buy a watch?" sketchy.

lilnickiwonder

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
If I bought the t mo 640 from WalMart would they unlock it for me so I could use on ATT? Will it even work on ATT? Just exploring options, I'm thinking 830 over 640 because its not such a big price difference where I'm looking.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
If I bought the t mo 640 from WalMart would they unlock it for me so I could use on ATT? Will it even work on ATT? Just exploring options, I'm thinking 830 over 640 because its not such a big price difference where I'm looking.

Nope, you need to be a TMO customer for 60 days before they will unlock it. Not worth it IMO.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unit is Seller Refurbished. BUYER BEWARE. Heard many horror stories about some guy on eBay refurbishing phones themselves. I prefer Manufacturer Refurbished.

Check the seller ratings for sure. Some know how better than others. In the case of DealFisher (the lister that was linked) I don't think it is "some guy" so much as a professional business... As I mentioned earlier, I got my seller refurbished 830 from DealFisher at a very attractive price and can not tell that it is not a BNIB device.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Check the seller ratings for sure. Some know how better than others. In the case of DealFisher (the lister that was linked) I don't think it is "some guy" so much as a professional business... As I mentioned earlier, I got my seller refurbished 830 from DealFisher at a very attractive price and can not tell that it is not a BNIB device.

Well, dammit... I don't want to be tempted by it now. I love my 640, but I really want a better camera and that 830 price isn't helping me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs