What Exactly Will I Lose When I Factory Reset My Phone?

ShaunKL

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 925 feels like it has begun to slow down and encounter more bugs as it ages. In order to hopefully refresh the phone I am going to factory reset it.

I know I need to back up pictures and everything else in storage. My main question is, how much app data will I lose? I.E. how much if anything is attached to my Microsoft account versus being local to the phone? Thanks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Its hard to tell.
Most game data is probably toast, but some save to the cloud, like the Halo games. Most app data too like settings is probably gone, but it probably isn't too painful.
Some apps let you sync to OneDrive, but you have to do it explicitly.

OneNote syncs so you're fine with that.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved to appropriate forum...

As per this advice: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/292973-who-should-post-ask-question-forum.html WC members are free to post in all areas of the board. Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.

When restoring to the same phone, under 8.1 you get back all your Apps that are still being published along with: many settings inside the OS, SMS texts, Start Screen setup (a huge bonus) and any account specific items when you restore under Settings > email + accounts > add account - this includes email boxes, Contacts, Calendar, Taks (anything you have those cloud based accounts syncing. Additionally any Here collections and Cortana set up should come back.

Really it is only progress inside games and maybe some messenger services. I don't know much about the latter. All my Skype comes back... I only use Skype and SMS/MMS.

Oh, any custom shortcuts like website tiles created in tile maker Apps are recreated on Start, but are dead - you have to redo those...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss