Does Microsoft dislike Canada?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if Canada is on the radar for Microsoft. Cortana does work in Canada. No Band. No 930. Is the market too small? Lost cause (Android/iPhone)? We are so close to the US, 36 million of us, but we don't get the love. Or am I just being over sensitive? Any other people feel a bit lacking? Will Windows 10 fix this?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This thread has been moved to appropriate forum...

As per this advice: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/292973-who-should-post-ask-question-forum.html WC members are free to post in all areas of the board. Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.

It is kind of awkward that as the US neighbor, Canada is left out of the loop. Do you know what the market share is for Windows Phone in Canada?

The squeaky wheels get the grease. Look at India and most of Europe. They have a much higher saturation in those markets.

Rezelius

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
It has been rather frustrating getting any Windows Phone devices over the years from the carriers up here (Bell, Telus, Rogers). We did manage to get the Lumia 830 finally but I have seen no mention of the 640 or 640XL.
Cortana is still very much a Beta up here and I am hoping that with Band2 we will see a wider release that includes Canada.

I am holding out hope that availability will change with the Windows 10 release (and the flagships that go with it). However, if the carriers up here don't offer them, then Microsoft needs to step up and offer them direct via their website and physical Microsoft Stores.

Joe Acerbic

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Canada shouldn't have allowed smuggling those 920s compatible with both AT&T and T-Mobile into USA. That made AT&T raving mad and they had Canada cut off. :-/

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't know the but in 2014 WP had 2% of the market.

Hoping Windows 10 increases usage!

This thread has been moved to appropriate forum...

As per this advice: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/292973-who-should-post-ask-question-forum.html WC members are free to post in all areas of the board. Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.

It is kind of awkward that as the US neighbor, Canada is left out of the loop. Do you know what the market share is for Windows Phone in Canada?

The squeaky wheels get the grease. Look at India and most of Europe. They have a much higher saturation in those markets.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I bought my 930 from Expansys in the US. My network here supports LTE but not the frequencies the 930 use in all areas, but I still got it.

There is still one 930 in Canada that draws breath (my Gimli impersonation....LET THEM COME!! THERE IS ONE DWARF YET IN MORIA THAT STILL DRAWS BREATH!!!")

It has been rather frustrating getting any Windows Phone devices over the years from the carriers up here (Bell, Telus, Rogers). We did manage to get the Lumia 830 finally but I have seen no mention of the 640 or 640XL.
Cortana is still very much a Beta up here and I am hoping that with Band2 we will see a wider release that includes Canada.

I am holding out hope that availability will change with the Windows 10 release (and the flagships that go with it). However, if the carriers up here don't offer them, then Microsoft needs to step up and offer them direct via their website and physical Microsoft Stores.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99