The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-31-2015 10:51 AM
31 12
tools
    Looks like tablet mode from Windows 10 - which belongs on a tablet. Sure we can expect a few changes here and there, but not this much. That's losing W10M's signature look. Just by looking at the tiles on my phone, a few friends are waiting for a flagship device.

"But there's no [insert app here] yet"
    "I'll use my old phone for that, but I want those tiles"

Carrying 2 phones doesn't make much sense, but it's helping Microsoft a bit. I say keep the tiles for the phones, not desktop!
    08-27-2015 03:32 PM
    Isn't this a much better desktop than having a screen full of colorful tiles, not everyone like the busy look. I say give customers two options
    Attached Thumbnails 50912309.png  
    08-27-2015 04:45 PM
    Looks like a poor version of Android! :(
    I love the tiles!
    08-27-2015 04:54 PM
    I prefer the live tiles.. But why not give the consumer a choice for the start screen. As posted above most people I know on android do have their family photo or photo of the moment on their main start screen with only main go to apps impairing the photos view. I can agree with that myself. However there are more to live tiles than core apps and I prefer them such as bizview.. With one swipe up with my thumb I can see stats for my websites etc etc rather than swipe through multiple start screens and have to start a similar app... I do agree a familiar Interface could bring new users though. Some people just can't handle change.
    08-27-2015 05:11 PM
    Finally someone who is objective. With 1 Billion android users, something that looks familiar is always a plus to get someone to switch. IMO, tiles are great for business use but may have little impact for personal use. People especially teens like to display pictures of love ones and having this ability goes a long way. Similar to why MS had to bring back the start menu. I loved the full start menu on tablets but it was not efficient on a desktop interface. Can you imagine if customers could not display daily pictures onto their desktop and in place had tiles (windows 8.0). MS should try to give both options.
    Charles Brown8 likes this.
    08-31-2015 09:00 AM
    Finally someone who is objective. With 1 Billion android users, something that looks familiar is always a plus to get someone to switch. IMO, tiles are great for business use but may have little impact for personal use. People especially teens like to display pictures of love ones and having this ability goes a long way. Similar to why MS had to bring back the start menu. I loved the full start menu on tablets but it was not efficient on a desktop interface. Can you imagine if customers could not display daily pictures onto their desktop and in place had tiles (windows 8.0). MS should try to give both options.
    Like I said I prefer tiles on my phone I use my phone for information not the latest social fad item and that's why I choose windows phone... But you have a point suggesting offering the choice of a familiar interface to grow the platform... Plus if the choice is there users will try tiles to see what it's like, it's in human nature to be curious, especially if they don't have to commit long term to it and can move back to what they like immediately. And truthfully who would give a darn about which interface the end user chooses to use as long as the platform grows and the APPS come with it. As long as i could choose which interface i preferred its of little consequence to me. That's my opinion for what it's worth lol.
    Last edited by Charles Brown8; 08-31-2015 at 11:46 AM.
    08-31-2015 10:51 AM
31 12