Why won't the latest Viber update run on my Windows Vista PC?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Latest Viber update will not run on my Windows Vista PC

On my Windows Vista PC, Viber has updated from Version 4xxx which runs perfectly to 5xxx which will not run with a long message ending:

This is most likely caused by not having necessary graphics driver installed.
Install a driver providing OpenGL 2.0 or higher.or, if this is not possible, make sure the ANGLE Open GL ES 2.0 emulation libraries (libEG.dll,libGLESv2.dll and d3dcompiler,,*dll) are available in the application executable's directory or in a location listed in PATH.

Speccy tells me that I have:
Graphics
Standard Monitor (1680x1050@1Hz)
Intel Standard VGA Graphics Adapter (Gigabyte)
MoBo H61M-DS2 DVI (Intel Pentium CPU G2030 @ 3.00GHz)

All Gigabyte drivers are up to date and when I try to install OpenGL 2.0 it says not compatible with your system. The other advice about ANGLE Open GL ES is incomprehensible to me!

I have spent a long time on this and the only way now I can use Viber on my PC is to wind Windows back to a restore point before the Viber update! BUT THEN IT AUTO UPDATES TO LATEST VERSION AFTER A FEW HOURS AND CRASHES AGAIN!!
In desperation I have tried to stop Viber autoupdates or run in Win XP mode but that does not work either.

I would be so so grateful for help with this. Surely I am not the only person hit by the update?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05