Glad I Came Back

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I came back to windows OS from Android in February. Next month will be 6 months with the Win 8.1 + Denim updates.

I originally mentioned in my Intro to this Forum HERE, that I wanted the true experience of Windows OS and to get an unbiased point of view. I also mentioned that I wanted to experience the platform that would allow all devices to share the same information. This is one of the main reasons I love One Drive. I also understand that they are improving this experience as well in the up coming Win 10.

I have to say right up front that Windows OS has gotten a bad wrap! It seems Microsoft has lost out over the past years due to Marketing, misnomers, and late development of their OS Product Line. Over the last months that i have had the opportunity to rock the Windows 8.1 + Denium Update I find the Win OS AWESOME. I highly recommend it over Android. This is no slap in the face to Android, but these are my true feelings. Windows current OS seem more catered to me as oppose to others if that makes sense to you. I prefer:

• Text Auto Correct - Seems more user friendly and truly more intuitive
  • Cortana - of course this assistant is very addicting and great to have in a busy flow. She allows you to multi-task effortlessly. a lot a great things to say about her. My favorite feature is the ability to have her read my text messages to me and allow me to verbally text back without touching the phone. Works great while I'm driving.
  • One Drive - All the cloud services are really cool. Use what you need... One Note is my favorite...
  • Texting Pics - Win OS automatically saves the low res and the high res image when you snap the original pic to share. There is no waiting to covert the image to a lower res before sending.
  • 4K Video - enough said
  • Live Images - I love these so much. I'm finally glad that Microsoft finally put out apps to take advantage of them so you can share.
  • Live Tiles - This is definitely one of my favorite features - having the ability to see what is important to you at a glance. See my individual family members latest FB post, Twitter Post, and so on... Not to say Android can't do it but you have these multiple windows you have to scroll through to see it. I love the scroll up and down to see what I want when I want. It just seems to be better for organization to me personally.

Cons

• App Background Function - I don't like that they freeze - I would rather they use battery running in the back ground than them freezing and I have to wait for them to load to continue my progress.
  • Lack of Apps - But for me I seem to see the ones that i want pop up one by one and I'm now to the point that all the apps I need to function with no problems are available. It is a draw back, though.

I'm in love with the Win OS and how is caters to me. There was a little bit of a learning curve, but once I found what it was I needed it became clear i made the right move back to Win from Android. I'm not a gamer by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have a Xbox, laptop, Desk PC, and 1520. I enjoy sharing info among all my devices. I believe this is where Android will miss out.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We're glad you came back too. Nice synopsis, BTW.

I'm in love with the Win OS and how is caters to me.

I really feel that Windows Phone is so much more personal than Android, even though I spent most of my time personalizing my phones there. And iOS is assimilation of Borg proportions. My take on Windows Phone is that it lets me bring what I want out of my device, function and data closer to the surface than any other Mobile OS...

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
We're glad you came back too. Nice synopsis, BTW.

I really feel that Windows Phone is so much more personal than Android, even though I spent most of my time personalizing my phones there. And iOS is assimilation of Borg proportions. My take on Windows Phone is that it lets me bring what I want out of my device, function and data closer to the surface than any other Mobile OS...

Agreed!!

I'm looking forward to the win 10 improvements. I'm one that did not try the preview builds on my PC nor my phone. I want to get the full impression when it is released. Looking at the Win 8.1 which I had no problems with personally once I found out how to navigate through it, I very confident that it is Microsoft's time to shine. With their huge ability to market their product they will win over a good majority once people take an unbiased approach to the OS. I say this just based on the Windows Phone 8.1. If they have improved win phone 8.1 then it is going to be a game changer. I would like to see them cater to gamers and take advantage of their Xbox line. I would love to see Xbox phones... I would not be as excited about it but in the grand scheme of things i believe they will win some iPhone users as well as Android users for that matter. Once they are are taking back more of the Mobile market we will see many more awesome app innovations. I believe we will see support with connecting devices and the whole nine yards...

I have the 1520 and it has those terrible phantom touches and it is getting worse by the day. I know that it is a defect in the phone and not the OS. So I'm trying to wait for the new devices to be released coming after the win 10 release. I am a big screen guy, so I'm expecting another high end flagship to hit this fall.

I'm a videographer and it is awesome when i can use my mobile phone as another cam because of it's 4K capabilities... (Blows My Mind). Enough about me and my thoughts... What are yours?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon