New windowsphone!

karan madhyani1

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Recently after the Microsoft drama 🎭
The media has trashed windows mobile & its potential.
But i as a windowsphone loyal user
Looks to upgrade
I have to options lumia 830(beautiful build,wireless charging, gud storage,poor front cam,high price,some report of build fault where screen pops)
&
Lumia 640xl(cheaper yet all features,good display & screen,poor storage)
I am concerned whether it ll run all my high end games on class 10 16gb sd card..or it ll have stutter's..

Secondly,many people point out that i m just a ******..& my future is no better than. That of blackberry boys back few years.

I want to know if windows 10 runs good on todays devices.
Should i wait too see how windows mobile shapes up & get new mid range phones.
Or straight away move to another os

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I would say go for the 640xl. You can always add a SD card in to fix the storage issue. There is a "hack" that you can do to make wireless charging happen though for the xl.

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Ya...i might go wid it..... But very much worried abt.. The os future..
The apps are here but nit the developers

My friend, if you're worried then don't buy it :) It's a phone and should be of use to you, so if you feel a different platform is useful, because of the number of developers supporting it, then you have every right to jump ship :) Again, the phone should be useful and productive to you.

This isn't a gang thing :p

karan madhyani1

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
My friend, if you're worried then don't buy it :) It's a phone and should be of use to you, so if you feel a different platform is useful, because of the number of developers supporting it, then you have every right to jump ship :) Again, the phone should be useful and productive to you.

This isn't a gang thing :p

I love my windowsphone.... But sometimes.. My friends want to play multiplayer games with me..or snapchat me or want me to use some apps which are of their eco system..but I m in microsoft ecosystem.. They can move to microsft ecosystem being on different platform... But i cant..it doesnt work the other way round

miguel11691

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Ya...i might go wid it..... But very much worried abt.. The os future..
The apps are here but nit the developers

Go with the 640XL you get a SD card to fix the storage issue... I have a 64GB Samsung Evo microsd in my 640 and runs like a champ... What high end games are u currently running? And don't worry about the OS future as we are promised windows phone 10 and future updates on the 640... Good luck on your buy...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I love my windowsphone.... But sometimes.. My friends want to play multiplayer games with me..or snapchat me or want me to use some apps which are of their eco system..but I m in microsoft ecosystem.. They can move to microsft ecosystem being on different platform... But i cant..it doesnt work the other way round

I get your woes :) I have converted a few people to WP, but sometimes the annoying app gap issues pop up... Snapchat, clash of clans, updated IG, emo etc etc.. You should consider getting an extra device, android, so you can join those games... the moto line looks good :)

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

If your continued friendship with someone depended on the ability to Snapchat, you need new friends...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I like Windows phone but it's not the best system to run high end, multiplayer games

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

Really, I want to see proof of that considering Xbox is built into WP/W10M. Gamecenter and Play Games are really quite poor in comparison.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

If playing those gams are more important to you than what WP brings to you, then switch. There is no perfect phone.

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Not true, I built my own phone, it quad boots iOS, Android, WP and BlackBerry.

Sorry if this as an awkward/off-topic question, but are you familiar with project ARA (Modular Smartphone)? The media blackout around its development is going to likely be pulled this August as the base unit is released within standard retail. Otherwise; what is your phone specifically?

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this as an awkward/off-topic question, but are you familiar with project ARA (Modular Smartphone)? The media blackout around its development is going to likely be pulled this August as the base unit is released within standard retail. Otherwise; what is your phone specifically?

I was being a smart ***.. I have lots of WP's, iPhones and Androids. I used to have a BB but not a current one. I am familiar with the project you mentioned, it sounds interesting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos