The problem with all car cradles is ...

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
... the design of the clamp arms which invariably cover or make difficult to use some of the buttons and ports on the edge of the phone.

I was wondering if anyone has put any thought into a design that uses clamp arms which hold the phone by the corners only? I was thinking of having the bottom-left corner fixed and moving the top-right corner to adjust the other three corner to close in and hold the phone (or the other way round for you lefties) no matter the size or shape of phone using some clever hidden mechanism behind the plate.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
In my view the basic idea of holding by the corner is the kind of obvious thing which should not be patentable. Whoever comes up with a working mechanism to make it work the way I describe is the one who should be taking out a patent. But should be a simple task for any competent mechanical design engineer.

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
It's a good idea, but....
(Incoming Joke) Better make sure it doesn't have rounded corners, or else Apple will sue you! (Oh, I went there!)
(Incoming Joke [Again]) I hope you put a lowercase "i" in front of whatever you name it, so Apple people will buy it! (BOOYA!)
I have a ton of these, by the way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3