What happed to facebook beta for WP?

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It used to be updated weekly then turned to monthly and now hasn't been updated since April have they given up again like they did before or is it because the official one on windows 8.1/10 will be scaled down to work on windows 10 mobile? But what about those on wp8.1 surely they don't think the app is good enough? The beta app on android can get up to 15 updates per week and now seems if we will be lucky to get 2 updates a year. Seems like they think we've forgotten again.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea its done by MS.

I don't know what theyre doing.

Well, I'm not a literal insider with info on that app, so I guess I'm supposed to not know.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I know its made by Microsoft on windows phone 8/8.1 and windows mobile 10, but on windows 8/8.1/10 its made by Facebook. So could they be preparing to release that app as a universal app or just plain given up again. A real disgrace again for such a popular app...

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I give up Microsoft made huge and major improvements to the facebook app and now no update in 5 months for the beta app. Shows Microsoft commitment to windows phone. I'm upgrading to a htc one m9 tomorrow but will still keep my gorgeous Lumia 930.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I give up Microsoft made huge and major improvements to the facebook app and now no update in 5 months for the beta app. Shows Microsoft commitment to windows phone. I'm upgrading to a htc one m9 tomorrow but will still keep my gorgeous Lumia 930.

Not being updated on five months would suggest a universal app, but who knows.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
And it's still not arrived. Would have thought it would have by now...

I wouldn't.
Not even Microsoft core apps are done with their Windows 10 upgrades, and some haven't even been released in any form.

There has literally only been a handful of 3rd party apps come out with Windows 10 support. With Facebook being such a huge service, I wouldn't think it would be too long after the official Windows 10 mobile release.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't.
Not even Microsoft core apps are done with their Windows 10 upgrades, and some haven't even been released in any form.

There has literally only been a handful of 3rd party apps come out with Windows 10 support. With Facebook being such a huge service, I wouldn't think it would be too long after the official Windows 10 mobile release.

And instagram which has been beta for about 2 years? What about imdb? 4 years?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of bothered they haven't done anything It seems, and instead working on things that are arguably less important. Upgrade Advisor? Snip? OK... but what about x, y, z?

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree it is disappointing. They should at least tell us what the hell has happened.

They did this before left us in the dark for over a year, then began pumping out updates weekly for the beta app even when we were lucky we got 2 updates per week, now nothing. It isn't acceptable.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Facebook beta updates today with 'bug fixes' shame on them after 6 months of no updates and that's all they give us. They really are shameful.

devlam

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
After the last update a couple of days ago it is continuously crashing. Restart of Phone didn't help. Also uninstall and then install didn't solve the crashing issue

sik2k

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Facebook on my wife's 925 stopped working tonight. It keeps crashing pretty much as soon as it opens.

I've did a few soft reboots with no effect and then uninstalled it. I can't now reinstall it from the store so who knows?

The app is working on my 535.

Queen Kong1

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Amazes me its prob the biggest app ever used on a phone, and it's crappy on WP's..bet they lose people on that alone. And well Snapchat say no more. Perhaps they will polish a lot of the apps up now 10 is coming.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Facebook on my wife's 925 stopped working tonight. It keeps crashing pretty much as soon as it opens.

I've did a few soft reboots with no effect and then uninstalled it. I can't now reinstall it from the store so who knows?

The app is working on my 535.

You cant find the beta app in the store by searching for it on the phone. Go to search engine and search facebook beta windows phone on google and you will see the link there, send it to your phone through there

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss