MS strategy

haykol

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how to say it well but i see that MS is destroying us for seeing it provide the other platform with a better way than us !! looks like they found that making apps in any OS is easier than WP self !! I hate that...they have to make us love thier effort but we saw that they go to other platforms and say to him take our services you don't have to use windows go and sell and use your OS we will give you our services by the way

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Ignoring the mobile platforms that 97% of the world use wouldn't be a very smart business move.

Those apps/services you see as second rate on Windows Phone 8 are essentially dead, and those apps are on par or better than on the competing platforms with Windows 10 mobile.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Why Apple or google didn't provide us with their apps or our band like MS provides thier phones and thier watches !!

I'm sorry, are you simple or something?

Just as in my original comment, where I said MS can't ignore 97% of mobile users... there's not much reason for Apple out Google to cater to 3%. Also,

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, it does make sense for Microsoft to combat Apple/Android with their Microsoft services on those platforms....because Google/Apple are already starting to have their own services that people have begun checking out. So for an android user who does not want windows phone, this allows them to still be within the Microsoft ecosystem.

Similar to how some people are windows phone fans but hate bing...they may prefer google.

That being said, Microsoft has no real strategy it seems like because their current efforts are effectively killing their own platform(mobile anyways) and for every potentially good idea(Universal apps) is a stupid idea(Project Astoria).

I don't know how to say it well but i see that MS is destroying us for seeing it provide the other platform with a better way than us !! looks like they found that making apps in any OS is easier than WP self !! I hate that...they have to make us love thier effort but we saw that they go to other platforms and say to him take our services you don't have to use windows go and sell and use your OS we will give you our services by the way

SlickShoesRUCrazy

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Also, as we have seen since Nadella took over, Microsoft is a services company not a hardware company.

When they were a hardware company under Balmer, they got slaughtered.

Nadella realized that Microsoft was too late to compete in the phone market. It took them what, 3 years to even respond to Apple and 2 years to respond to Google in the phone market? Then it took another few years to even catch up feature wise.

Microsoft's current strategy makes far more sense. The hardware they produce is to demonstrate what is possible with their software and services. Basically, their in-house developed hardware is an example to all the oems.

Seriously, remember oem hardware from like 3-4 years ago? It was absolute ****. Nobody had hardware as beautiful as say the xps 13.

They know they can't "win" the phone market. So they will produce 3 levels of phones, show off their software and services and that's it. They have no expectation of competing or making money on it anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs