Downsize options?

jpharwood

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
HI folks, hope I'm posting this to the correct forum. Since converting to WP I have had a 630 running WP10 preview, and a Blu Win HD. I'm finding the Blu a bit big for my pockets, and for one handed operation, and would like my next phone to be smaller (4-4.5" screen), but with enough RAM not to lag. Is my only option an older model Lumia, and, if so, which one? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. JP

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
HI folks, hope I'm posting this to the correct forum. Since converting to WP I have had a 630 running WP10 preview, and a Blu Win HD. I'm finding the Blu a bit big for my pockets, and for one handed operation, and would like my next phone to be smaller (4-4.5" screen), but with enough RAM not to lag. Is my only option an older model Lumia, and, if so, which one? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. JP
The most recent one that is small is the Lumia 435, which has 1GB RAM.
There's also the Acer Liquid M220 at 4 inches and 1GB as well, but I don't know how that phone is. Check out this post though, it might be helpful: http://forums.windowscentral.com/acer/365513-my-take-acer-liquid-m220-windows-phone.html

The 735 is 4.7 inches, but the specs are nicer on this over the other two, imo.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

If you look for 2gen devices be sure to get 820. But i prefer 4th gen devices such 640.

M220 has 512 Ram and 4GB storage. Current build run smooth on Lumia 625 but can't enable data connection and sms

jpharwood

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. I also noticed a Lumia 532, which is similar to the 435, but with Glance and a better camera. The 820 or 920 might be good options, too bad HTC abandoned the 8x. Does anyone know if the 635 with 1G of ram is available in the U.S.?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I forgot about the 532, whoops. I probably forgot about it because it isn't available directly in the US, unless you want to do the B&H (bhphotovideo.com) route for an unlocked one. That might be the better choice then.
I'm not sure if the 635 with 1G is available in the US, not even from the Microsoft store. A third party might have one though.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. I also noticed a Lumia 532, which is similar to the 435, but with Glance and a better camera. The 820 or 920 might be good options, too bad HTC abandoned the 8x. Does anyone know if the 635 with 1G of ram is available in the U.S.?

Why don't try getting 640?

Or you can get 735 on Verizon

jpharwood

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to take a look at the 640, if it's smaller than my Blu Win, it certainly fits the bill. Since the Blu Win is styled like an HTC, the 640 may be smaller, even with the same screen size. The 735 is a great phone, if I can get it off contract.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to take a look at the 640, if it's smaller than my Blu Win, it certainly fits the bill. Since the Blu Win is styled like an HTC, the 640 may be smaller, even with the same screen size. The 735 is a great phone, if I can get it off contract.

Try amazon. Maybe you can get some

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Also, B&H photo video have unlocked 640s and 735s, and various people on Windows Central have ordered from them before, if you are interested in that route. Also, unless otherwise listed, they should have the bands you need.

Smartphones | B&H Photo Video