One year with Windows Phone

Pratik Patra1

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I got my Lumia 630(my first smartphone) on 11th August 2014 and I'm here to share my experience with it in the last one year.
First things first, even before owning my first smartphone and seeing how so many people owned Android devices,Windows Phones caught my attention every time I saw one. So I decided to get one-the first Windows Phone 8.1 model, not without sneers and warnings from several Android loving acquaintances.
I took the leap of faith and am happy that I did. Yes, there is no Snapchat and Facebook app still sucks, yes there is still dearth of games and apps in the store, and you know what, it doesn't matter to me. I'm happy with WhatsApp, I can with the '****ty' Facebook app, and I'm more than happy with Asphalt 8 running on a 512 MB device.
I'm happy because I don't have to use third party apps to clean my device,I don't need to use any anti virus, I don't have to worry about some random app working in the background and slowing me down, I don't have to worry about getting the latest software update on a low end device, because I'll get it, no matter how late,I don't have to worry about the OS lagging and behaving erratically and I can install as many apps as the storage allows.
Long story short, I'm a fan and my next phone will surely be another WP.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Nice! I'm about a year or so into my WP experience too.
I also bought a 630 'just to try WP out' but after about a month I got a 930, still love it!

For all the reasons you mention, especially the silky smooth experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea