09-05-2015 10:22 PM
58 123
tools
    Well, I totally get your point, but MS had its reasons from the beggining of this whole story.
    Windows CE/Windows Mobile was just that: regular Windows running on a smaller screen, and it was crap.
    And so MS came with WP: a lightweight, stable and virus-free system, and also prety different (and good looking).

Android is like Windows in the mobile world: a complete mess, but full of great apps.
    I (and most of WP fans, btw) don't want WP to change and become a complete mess just like Android.
    I Always like to say that WP is better than Android because it is like it is.

But yes, I totally understand. Maybe it's that most of people think.
    Unfortunate, but true.
    It may be because phones and tablets are replacing PCs these days and people can do more with its PC-like features. I mean.. Unless you need heavy programs or PC games there is no reason to own one anymore.
    yanpaulo likes this.
    08-21-2015 11:56 AM
    Don't have to be a hater to see the facts, currently WP lacks apps and offers no real differentiators to attract users and hence, developers. Whether this changes in the future is unknown but personally I don't see where any meaningful growth is going to come from.
    Yeah my main reason were the Tiles and panorama swiping apps.. All I wanted is smaller fonts and more color.. Not what we got now in WM10. However I like it, just not as impressed.
    08-21-2015 12:07 PM
    It may be because phones and tablets are replacing PCs these days and people can do more with its PC-like features. I mean.. Unless you need heavy programs or PC games there is no reason to own one anymore.
    Good. This is it.
    But I say that Windows Phone's goal is exactly to put in a phone the good side of what a PC does (Messagins, Internet, apps and all) without bringing the bad side (performance issues, viruses, more complicated stuff and all). And it's a good thing!
    I see everywhere people blaming WP for its very nature of being a different system. They say as if WP would be better if it was just like Android, but I totally disagree. We already have Android to be like Android.

See iOS. It's resembles WP much more than it resembles Android (except for the UI and apps), and it has tons of apps and people just love it!

We never see regular people complaining about that kind of stuff that some people here are saying.
    I Always hear "Your phone is so nice. Shame it has Windows Phone.". Or "That system of yours is so pretty! But it's still bad because it doesn't have any apps.". I even saw somebody asking about how to install Google Play on WP (lol) .

The kind of complaints we see here are mostly about stuff that isn't even close to relevant for a regular person. I can give examples if somebory here asks.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-21-2015 12:18 PM
    Good. This is it.
    But I say that Windows Phone's goal is exactly to put in a phone the good side of what a PC does (Messagins, Internet, apps and all) without bringing the bad side (performance issues, viruses, more complicated stuff and all). And it's a good thing!
    I see everywhere people blaming WP for its very nature of being a different system. They say as if WP would be better if it was just like Android, but I totally disagree. We already have Android to be like Android.

See iOS. It's resembles WP much more than it resembles Android (except for the UI and apps), and it has tons of apps and people just love it!

We never see regular people complaining about that kind of stuff that some people here are saying.
    I Always hear "Your phone is so nice. Shame it has Windows Phone.". Or "That system of yours is so pretty! But it's still bad because it doesn't have any apps.". I even saw somebody asking about how to install Google Play on WP (lol) .

The kind of complaints we see here are mostly about stuff that isn't even close to relevant for a regular person. I can give examples if somebory here asks.
    Oh come on, that's why I said why is it so hard for people here to understand this. THESE KIND OF COMPLAINS comes from REGULAR people which I showed MY windows phone. Why the f*** (insert Star Trek facepalm meme) would I say such things if it's so non existent?? Sorry I'm losing patience with Windows Central.
    08-21-2015 12:45 PM
    Oh come on, that's why I said why is it so hard for people here to understand this. THESE KIND OF COMPLAINS comes from REGULAR people which I showed MY windows phone. Why the f*** (insert Star Trek facepalm meme) would I say such things if it's so non existent?? Sorry I'm losing patience with Windows Central. When you say nice things about WP, no one gives duck (actually keyboard wants to correct it to **** lol) and when you say something not even close to bad everyone loses their minds.
    08-21-2015 12:51 PM
    Oh come on, that's why I said why is it so hard for people here to understand this. THESE KIND OF COMPLAINS comes from REGULAR people which I showed MY windows phone. Why the f*** (insert Star Trek facepalm meme) would I say such things if it's so non existent?? Sorry I'm losing patience with Windows Central.
    Yes, and I showed the kinds of complaints I'm used to hear.
    So, which of us is right? Both, I guess.
    08-21-2015 12:53 PM
    It's simple, every age range has it's own thoughts about what's cool and in my case Windows phone is just not popular and even I can cry about it all day, no one is going to change their minds until the OS starts to be "cooler".
    08-21-2015 12:56 PM
    Yes, and I showed the kinds of complaints I'm used to hear.
    So, which of us is right? Both, I guess.
    Both indeed, but some people won't accept that no matter what. I'm being objective.
    08-21-2015 12:58 PM
    Both indeed, but some people won't accept that no matter what. I'm being objective.
    Me too.
    08-21-2015 01:00 PM
    Anyways.. In the end there is no way to please both groups of people, those who want WP to stay as it is and those who want WP to change to something else.
    08-21-2015 01:01 PM
    It's simple, every age range has it's own thoughts about what's cool and in my case Windows phone is just not popular and even I can cry about it all day, no one is going to change their minds until the OS starts to be "cooler".
    But I still guess you're being too racidal. Because the problem isn't about WP not reaching group A or B. It's general, and the problem goes much deeper than the system looking "cooler".
    I guess the only groups WP is reaching are: Windows/MS fans and open minded people (I'm both, btw).
    08-21-2015 01:03 PM
    But I still guess you're being too racidal. Because the problem isn't about WP not reaching group A or B. It's general, and the problem goes much deeper than the system looking "cooler".
    In every way possible.
    yanpaulo likes this.
    08-21-2015 01:07 PM
    Cooler in every way possible.
    08-21-2015 01:12 PM
    Wish this app would be updated ..
    08-21-2015 01:13 PM
    Cooler in every way possible.
    Wait, don't get me wrong. By "deeper", i meant "In all areas".
    Like the time when WP was released, bad initial version, bad marketing. Windows 8 times (Windows 8 for PCs was kind of an anti-advertising for Windows Phone 8, which is very common to be known as "Windows 8" by regular people still nowadays).
    We can't say WP have few users just because it doesn't look "cool enough" (which isn't a general opinion, and not even close to).
    08-21-2015 01:20 PM
    I guess the only groups WP is reaching are: Windows/MS fans and open minded people (I'm both, btw).
    Funny thing! that's my argument when I'm "fighting" people about WP "you must be more open minded and give a try to WP". Lol. Still that's just crying I guess.. I'm not doing that anymore though.. WM10 kind if let me down with it's latest update, it's still missing many requested features and it's so inconsistent. It worries me as there is just one month till the release.
    WPhone and Kevin Rush like this.
    08-21-2015 01:20 PM
    Funny thing! that's my argument when I'm "fighting" people about WP "you must be more open minded and give a try to WP". Lol. Still that's just crying I guess.. I'm not doing that anymore though.. WM10 kind if let me down with it's latest update, it's still missing many requested features and it's so inconsistent. It worries me as there is just one month till the release.
    I'm not saying that people should be more open minded. They just aren't. Nobody can change that, and that's all.
    08-21-2015 01:22 PM
    Wait, don't get me wrong. By "deeper", i meant "In all areas".
    Like the time when WP was released, bad initial version, bad marketing. Windows 8 times (Windows 8 for PCs was kind of an anti-advertising for Windows Phone 8, which is very common to be known as "Windows 8" by regular people still nowadays).
    We can't say WP have few users just because it doesn't look "cool enough" (which isn't a general opinion, and not even close to).
    Maybe or how I believe so, these reasons you stated are to blame that it has such a bad look at the time.

And yes it is just one of the reasons beside the app gap and others of course.
    08-21-2015 01:24 PM
    I'm not saying that people should be more open minded. They just aren't. Nobody can change that, and that's all.
    You can put it that way. It's just funny 'cos I say that to those who doesn't seem impressed. Nothing changes hehe.
    yanpaulo likes this.
    08-21-2015 01:29 PM
    Some people didn't even know that there is desktop in Windows 8 .. All 'cos of those commercials..
    08-21-2015 01:31 PM
    So I wish W10 will have more interesting Start screens displayed ..
    08-21-2015 01:34 PM
    And yes I can finally say Windows 10 is finally running on all my friends PC. It's a win.
    08-21-2015 01:35 PM
    You you ask me: what do I blame?
    Mostly a poor and unfortunate marketing plus the apps thing.
    I'm not an expert, though, and can't make a trully accurate study about that (I wish I knew somebody that could, though).
    08-21-2015 01:43 PM
    some people didn't even know that there is desktop in windows 8 .. All 'cos of those commercials..
    this!
    Slovenix and colinkiama like this.
    08-21-2015 01:44 PM
    I will come back to windows phone once its market share grows better. And I mean if it does get much better. Till then, I'm going over to iPhone to enjoy its abundance and good quality apps. As being just a regular consumer, I'm not a fan of any platform but only favor to the platform that serves me well.
    08-22-2015 07:32 AM
58 123