Windows Phone haters: could they be right?

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
But I still guess you're being too racidal. Because the problem isn't about WP not reaching group A or B. It's general, and the problem goes much deeper than the system looking "cooler".
I guess the only groups WP is reaching are: Windows/MS fans and open minded people (I'm both, btw).

Funny thing! that's my argument when I'm "fighting" people about WP "you must be more open minded and give a try to WP". Lol. Still that's just crying I guess.. I'm not doing that anymore though.. WM10 kind if let me down with it's latest update, it's still missing many requested features and it's so inconsistent. It worries me as there is just one month till the release.

yanpaulo

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing! that's my argument when I'm "fighting" people about WP "you must be more open minded and give a try to WP". Lol. Still that's just crying I guess.. I'm not doing that anymore though.. WM10 kind if let me down with it's latest update, it's still missing many requested features and it's so inconsistent. It worries me as there is just one month till the release.

I'm not saying that people should be more open minded. They just aren't. Nobody can change that, and that's all.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Wait, don't get me wrong. By "deeper", i meant "In all areas".
Like the time when WP was released, bad initial version, bad marketing. Windows 8 times (Windows 8 for PCs was kind of an anti-advertising for Windows Phone 8, which is very common to be known as "Windows 8" by regular people still nowadays).
We can't say WP have few users just because it doesn't look "cool enough" (which isn't a general opinion, and not even close to).

Maybe or how I believe so, these reasons you stated are to blame that it has such a bad look at the time.

And yes it is just one of the reasons beside the app gap and others of course.

yanpaulo

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
You you ask me: what do I blame?
Mostly a poor and unfortunate marketing plus the apps thing.
I'm not an expert, though, and can't make a trully accurate study about that (I wish I knew somebody that could, though).

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I will come back to windows phone once its market share grows better. And I mean if it does get much better. Till then, I'm going over to iPhone to enjoy its abundance and good quality apps. As being just a regular consumer, I'm not a fan of any platform but only favor to the platform that serves me well.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I will come back to windows phone once its market share grows better. And I mean if it does get much better. Till then, I'm going over to iPhone to enjoy its abundance and good quality apps. As being just a regular consumer, I'm not a fan of any platform but only favor to the platform that serves me well.

Bye then. Thanks for stopping by.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
To some extent I love Windows Phone not because I think it is perfect.

Besides the lack of apps (which I am alright coz I am not an app guy), Windows Phone is not as good as iPhone/Android in some aspects.

Well, I love the live tiles, I love my Lumia 930, which looks cool and unique, the camera being centered at the back of the phone.

To some extent, I use Windows Phone because I hate Apple, which always exaggerates their products with marketing tricks and brand-name effects. I hate Android, which has ugly icons and is over-complicated.

It's like your wife/husband. It may not be the best but you just love it. That means you feel perfectly alright with its flaws.

I hope Windows Phone can grow, but I can't imagine if one day many people use WP - perhaps I may give up because my phone doesn't look unique anymore :p

yanpaulo

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
You are welcome. :D

Piece of advice: Don't just linger along with a platform just because of being a die-hard fan. It doesn't pay to do so.

Bye.
Well, I'm a hardcore fan but I sincerely wouldn't stay with it if it didn't serve all my needs. Luckily, it does ;)
Thanks for the tip!

dlcpa

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I think the worst company in the world for the United States is Apple. I would not be surprised if Apple is suppressing program designers from making applications for Windows Phone. Keep in mind Apple owns the American market because Americans are too stupid to realize they are not an American company anymore, they've moved millions of jobs out of the United States and they pay relatively no taxes here.

Microsoft, is a big threat to Apple because of Microsoft Office. There is such a great link that could be had between phone and computer and many businesses would not use or even cannot use Apple computers because the software is not there. So Apple wants to bury Microsoft in this arena as this arena may end up controlling both markets business computers and phones.

It is my opinion that Apple pays very logical voices in the United States to not say anything about what Apple has done, expatriating from the United States. Sure, their office is in Cupertino but nothing else is and no tax is being paid on the hundreds of billions of dollars of sales, like most people believe it is. Al Gore is on Apple's board of directors. Bernie Sanders hasn't said a word about Apple when he named the 18 worst companies and Robert Reich who I thought was a good voice for labor and economics, also not a word about what Apple has done.

What is Satya Nadella doing about this. If these logical voices don't say anything, perhaps commercials should be targeted at Apple and what it has done. Perhaps Microsoft would love to do that too but as of now Microsoft is still an American company. Apple is not. So I believe that is why those who write apps are staying away from Windows Phone. This could be a restraint of trade issue if they are pressured to ignore Windows Phone.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I think the worst company in the world for the United States is Apple. I would not be surprised if Apple is suppressing program designers from making applications for Windows Phone. Keep in mind Apple owns the American market because Americans are too stupid to realize they are not an American company anymore, they've moved millions of jobs out of the United States and they pay relatively no taxes here.

Microsoft, is a big threat to Apple because of Microsoft Office. There is such a great link that could be had between phone and computer and many businesses would not use or even cannot use Apple computers because the software is not there. So Apple wants to bury Microsoft in this arena as this arena may end up controlling both markets business computers and phones.

It is my opinion that Apple pays very logical voices in the United States to not say anything about what Apple has done, expatriating from the United States. Sure, their office is in Cupertino but nothing else is and no tax is being paid on the hundreds of billions of dollars of sales, like most people believe it is. Al Gore is on Apple's board of directors. Bernie Sanders hasn't said a word about Apple when he named the 18 worst companies and Robert Reich who I thought was a good voice for labor and economics, also not a word about what Apple has done.

What is Satya Nadella doing about this. If these logical voices don't say anything, perhaps commercials should be targeted at Apple and what it has done. Perhaps Microsoft would love to do that too but as of now Microsoft is still an American company. Apple is not. So I believe that is why those who write apps are staying away from Windows Phone. This could be a restraint of trade issue if they are pressured to ignore Windows Phone.
Developers earn more money in the app store than in any other app store. Why should they give windows phone attention?

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Interesting how Engadget at some point made light of a near-tragedy (where someone almost lost their life) to slight against Windows Phone and Microsoft as a whole. Also these guys sold out to AOL, Verizon, and will be assimilated by the latter. I think I'll keep the rest to private messaging, they sent him a free replacement phone when they didn't even have to (and when it wasn't on the survivors mind). I hope that blog gets shut down along with the careers of its writers. I hope Verizon makes it painful for Engadget to exist anymore.

I just want to use continuum myself before forming a definite opinion. It sounds awesome though.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss