Thinking about a WP. Used all the other mobile OS except newest BlackBerry. Does the WP10 OS support native desktop apps? Or is Continuum, when connected to a monitor, just gives you higher resolution to mimmick larger desktops? While still running WP exclusive only apps?

So far, my experiences with desktop and 2 in one 1 laptop are very positive. Both are on build 10525 as Insider member.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    08-20-2015 04:16 PM
    Thinking about a WP. Used all the other mobile OS except newest BlackBerry. Does the WP10 OS support native desktop apps? Or is Continuum, when connected to a monitor, just gives you higher resolution to mimmick larger desktops? While still running WP exclusive only apps?

So far, my experiences with desktop and 2 in one 1 laptop are very positive. Both are on build 10525 as Insider member.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    1. Phones are ARM based and will not run Win32/x86 applications like StarCraft or Inventor. (see the infamous Surface RT, which also had the issue) Continuum is more for giving you a more powerful environment with more real estate. (think Windows RT, which actually could be useful, despite not having access to standard Windows programs)

The point is to run universal apps - apps that will work on the phone, but expand to take advantage of larger screens, whether its a phone in Continuum mode or a desktop PC.

There's rumblings of an x86 Intel phone next year, but its just smoke right now.

(EDIT: I realize I tend to start lists "1." and not continue. Woops)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-20-2015 05:47 PM