Hi

purchasing a new phone.
    what's the best way to transfer the apps and other relevant stuff.

will be using the backup and restore, but how much does that actually transfer?
    Games, what about the progress and levels, that i have reached in the games?

Does copy to copy on an sd card work? (it works in crapdroid, but what about windows phone 8.1?

Any suggestions and tips, much appreciated!!!!

Thx!
    08-20-2015 04:38 PM
    Hello,

Backup and Restore will restore most of your SMS messages (the most recent ones may not be transferred) and your phone custom settings (except custom ringtones).

Only games that support OneDrive or Account-Based backup or progress saving (e.g. one that asks you to create an account which you can use to in any device, such as most Chess Apps) can be "migrated" to your new phone - not all games do this.

Copying from one SD Card to another SD card works for everything else (documents, videos, music files, photos) EXCEPT APPS - this has been discussed extensively in separate and several threads before.

Contacts and other information related to your Microsoft Account will automatically be synchronized to your new phone, although you may have to re-link multiple contacts in your new phone.

What phone did you plan to get?

If you have further questions or matters for clarification, please don't hesitate to post them below.
    terra likes this.
    08-20-2015 07:12 PM
    Hi thanks for the fyi. Much appreciated!
    Waiting on a Lumia 535.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    08-21-2015 07:52 PM
    In regards to the Microsoft acct. Once I transfer my acct to the new phone. I'll be able to download the the apps back on to the new phone?
    The free apps should be with little or few issues?
    Paid apps?
    Can I run both phones?
    Thx
    gpobernardo likes this.
    08-21-2015 08:06 PM
    You're welcome.

Yes, all the apps (free and paid) which you've downloaded in a different Windows Phone 8/8.1 device (even Windows 8 devices for universal apps) can be downloaded again to your new phone using the same Microsoft Account - in case of paid apps, you should not be asked to pay for them again.

Yes, you can use most apps on both of your devices at the same time. Information between those two apps will be synchronized among your devices, if this feature is supported. There, however, are exceptions, such as certain chat apps that utilize your mobile number (such as Viber, Line, WhatsApp - these apps can be used only on one Windows Phone at a time).
    terra likes this.
    08-22-2015 06:42 AM
    Thx again!!!!
    gpobernardo likes this.
    08-23-2015 02:18 AM
    You're welcome. Let us know when your L535 arrives.

By the way, in the meantime, you may want to visit our L535 forums and checkout how the experience of other users are with it. There was a time when a lot of users complained about the touch screen issue, as well as auto brightness issues, but they all seem to have died down now - either because of newer hardware in the newer L535 versions or because of updates/patches/fixes released.
    08-23-2015 11:53 AM
    most definitely will chk out the 535 forums...thx!!!
    gpobernardo likes this.
    08-24-2015 03:02 PM