08-30-2015 08:06 PM
74 123
tools
    Windows Phone is relatively new to the market,

Its been almost 5 years mate, that's a lifetime in the modern tech world and WP is still in the state its in with people still waiting for "the next version" to fix everything. Just because some people can be objective and see the flaws doesn't make them complainers, its just the reality that WP doesn't measure up to the competition in an unbiased comparison.
    08-26-2015 10:12 AM
    Thats not the point, the point is unlike your original comment would suggest, both Apple and Google have an insider program of their own and do take in and listen to customer feedback and suggestions.

If u don't like ur windows device sell it and jump ship. Simple just don't buy a windows phone if your gonna complain.
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    08-26-2015 10:15 AM
    Its been almost 5 years mate, that's a lifetime in the modern tech world and WP is still in the state its in with people still waiting for "the next version" to fix everything. Just because some people can be objective and see the flaws doesn't make them complainers, its just the reality that WP doesn't measure up to the competition in an unbiased comparison.

No one is saying wait till the next version to fix everything. I am a windows phone user and I am 100% happy with it. I love the vibrancy and the colour of it, ha ha love the way apple copied the colours for their 5s ha ha and having the same hardware and software in it as the 4s and have the cheek to charge 500+ dollar/euro for the "privilege" lol
    08-26-2015 10:19 AM
    If u don't like ur windows device sell it and jump ship. Simple just don't buy a windows phone if your gonna complain.
    This is exactly what I was referring to. If you want the platform to grow you need to attract iOS and Android users. I do not believe the intention of the OP was to throw away his windows phone, he appeared to be venting his frustrations over the current state of the platform.

I don't mean to call you out directly but that sort of attitude is going to drive people away not keep them on the platform because let's be honest, as it stands today the Windows Phone platform has precious little when it comes to advantages over either iOS or Android. I've heard a lot of people complain about how terrible an experience Android is but honestly Android has a TON of cheap and poorly made devices on their OS and the quality handsets rarely seem to suffer from major issues (I'm saying this as someone who owns 2 Windows phones, 2 Android Phones and 4 iPhones).

If you feel so passionately about Windows Phone (and that is a good thing) offer up some genuinely helpful solutions or alternatives to the concerns the OP raised.
    theefman and MikeX74 like this.
    08-26-2015 11:00 AM
    No one is saying wait till the next version to fix everything. I am a windows phone user and I am 100% happy with it. I love the vibrancy and the colour of it, ha ha love the way apple copied the colours for their 5s ha ha and having the same hardware and software in it as the 4s and have the cheek to charge 500+ dollar/euro for the "privilege" lol
    This is completely innacurate. The hardware in the 5S is vastly more powerful than the 4S, there is no comparison, you aren';t even referencing the model that came after the 4S, the 5S is 2 years later.... /smh. Perhaps you are confusing that with the Lumia 640, where the CPU, GPU and OS are exactly the same as its predecessor. I say this as an owner of both and a very big fan of both, especially the 640. I also own the 4S AND the 5S. Guys it is fine to not like Apple or Google, but don't be fanboish to the point that you look foolish.
    08-26-2015 11:11 AM
    Personally I recommend iPhone over Lumia.

But mind it's extremely expensive product also extremely expensive to repair.

If you can't afford such risks go get Lumia.

If you want android Asus zenfone 4C is nice budget phone but know the devices limit. Same with other model from other brand. Mind not all google play store apps works as expected. Popular games should be fine but high demand game won't run it.

Windows phone offers great user experience. The store actually reliable despite poor apps collection. All apps that can be downloaded mostly works but if they didn't it means the apps were broken not your phone. You can run asphalt 8, FIFA 15, and GTA San Andreas on your Lumia 535 but not in android devices is same price tag
    08-26-2015 12:19 PM
    Why are you trying to dissuade people from standing up for their point of view and making themselves heard? If you want to stay silent and let others take the lead then fine, but to seek to suppress others makes me wonder if your goal is really about making your opinion seem less opposed. Could that be a factor in your approach perhaps?
    08-26-2015 12:37 PM
    I didn't know Microsoft invented and patented colors. Also I didn't know that iPhone 4s had a 64-bit A7 processor in it like the iPhone 5s. Not being a fanboy, just hate when people spread misinformation.
    Charles Brown8 likes this.
    08-26-2015 12:46 PM
    Uh, Apple never made an "S6". And while I do like and own an iPhone 6+ because of its size, I wouldn't call size 'innovation' it is just the natural progression as people try to use phones to do more and more non-phone things. I also have a Lumia 640 that will soon die as I move my new-to-me Icon onto my Verizon account. Both are 5" phones and make much better daily drivers because of size and weight.
    While I love the Windows phone experience I would be hard pressed to have it be my only phone because of the missing corporate(banks) and equipment apps.
    08-26-2015 12:47 PM
    I didn't know Microsoft invented and patented colors. Also I didn't know that iPhone 4s had a 64-bit A7 processor in it like the iPhone 5s. Not being a fanboy, just hate when people spread misinformation.
    Nah Ms didn't patent colors hehe.. But apple did follow suit making different colors available for their phones.. Lol..
    Jaredallister and djeire84 like this.
    08-26-2015 12:58 PM
    If I had a cent for every time I saw negative Nancies coming up with threads like this one I'd have enough money to buy the next Lumia flagship when it comes out..
    Plus a new Veyron if they still made them!
    08-26-2015 02:49 PM
    I tried an android phone and returned it after a week. So yeah, there may be some deficiencies in WP, but I still prefer it over Android. And don't get me started on IOS.
    Last edited by sinime; 08-26-2015 at 03:44 PM.
    08-26-2015 03:08 PM
    Aside from the hardcore MS fanboys/girls(or Google/Apple haters) out there, I don't think anyone is deceiving or deluding themselves. I think it's just that those people who've been the most patient with(or faithful to, to echo the OP) Microsoft and WP are slowly running out of patience and starting to look elsewhere, or wonder if Microsoft really believes in their mobile OS. On a side note, I don't think it says much about the WP user community when you have members of said community berating others for even entertaining the possibility of using something else. If someone finds that his/her needs are no longer being met by WP, or MS products in general, they shouldn't be berated of insulted for wanting to explore other options.
    08-26-2015 03:50 PM
    If someone finds that his/her needs are no longer being met by WP, or MS products in general, they shouldn't be berated of insulted for wanting to explore other options.
    Good point! I don't think fanboys would be opposed to berating them for something else instead.
    AndyCalling likes this.
    08-26-2015 04:14 PM
    good point! I don't think fanboys would be opposed to berating them for something else instead.
    lol!!
    08-26-2015 05:40 PM
    I will never buy another phone except for a Windows phone as long as it's alive, just sayin
    Jazmac likes this.
    08-26-2015 06:41 PM
    Uh, Apple never made an "S6". And while I do like and own an iPhone 6+ because of its size, I wouldn't call size 'innovation' it is just the natural progression as people try to use phones to do more and more non-phone things. I also have a Lumia 640 that will soon die as I move my new-to-me Icon onto my Verizon account. Both are 5" phones and make much better daily drivers because of size and weight.
    While I love the Windows phone experience I would be hard pressed to have it be my only phone because of the missing corporate(banks) and equipment apps.
    You are gonna love that Icon..
    08-26-2015 06:56 PM
    You are gonna love that Icon..
    I got it this morning, went to VZW corporate store and unbelievably there was no waiting!! I think that's the first time I've ever had that happen. 20 minutes later I had the Icon active and my main number put on it and the iPhone 6+ got a new number.

And you are right, I do love this little Icon. The 640 is a whiz bang of a phone for $80 or less, but the Icon is so much better. The guy I bought it from on Ebay had WP10 on it so I fiddled with that long enough to know it isn't quite ready for primetime but seems to be on the right track. Found the 'recovery' tool online and set it back to 8.1 and it later got update 2???.
    libra89 and Charles Brown8 like this.
    08-26-2015 07:44 PM
    I got it this morning, went to VZW corporate store and unbelievably there was no waiting!! I think that's the first time I've ever had that happen. 20 minutes later I had the Icon active and my main number put on it and the iPhone 6+ got a new number.

And you are right, I do love this little Icon. The 640 is a whiz bang of a phone for $80 or less, but the Icon is so much better. The guy I bought it from on Ebay had WP10 on it so I fiddled with that long enough to know it isn't quite ready for primetime but seems to be on the right track. Found the 'recovery' tool online and set it back to 8.1 and it later got update 2???.
    Yes, the 640 comes with update 2/Lumia Denim preloaded.
    08-26-2015 07:58 PM
    I'm pretty sure I never deceived myself :) I believe in WP for some reason, maybe it's my budget lol. Not really tho, because in that case I could've easily gone with Android, but I'm the sort of person who tends not to do what the millions of others around want me to do, so I moved away from android and ended up with WP. I did a lot of research (if you can call going through reviews doing research) so I was quite aware of the limitations this platform had, but I went ahead and took the bait. I never looked back :) Like I keep saying... The phone should work for you and if it didn't, doesn't and probably won't (when looking at the current path we're on) you should simply move on :)
    08-27-2015 12:46 AM
    This is exactly what I was referring to. If you want the platform to grow you need to attract iOS and Android users. I do not believe the intention of the OP was to throw away his windows phone, he appeared to be venting his frustrations over the current state of the platform.

I don't mean to call you out directly but that sort of attitude is going to drive people away not keep them on the platform because let's be honest, as it stands today the Windows Phone platform has precious little when it comes to advantages over either iOS or Android. I've heard a lot of people complain about how terrible an experience Android is but honestly Android has a TON of cheap and poorly made devices on their OS and the quality handsets rarely seem to suffer from major issues (I'm saying this as someone who owns 2 Windows phones, 2 Android Phones and 4 iPhones).

If you feel so passionately about Windows Phone (and that is a good thing) offer up some genuinely helpful solutions or alternatives to the concerns the OP raised.

Look I cant help it when people are coming from android and get a windows phone and start complaining. I have every right to defend my mobile OS. I don't work for windows I don't care about android and apple customers and I'm not the one stopping people buying them. I cant help it that they didn't research the phones before buying them! Return for a refund and oh ya people trashing windows OS is way worse then me saying to the user sell their phone because if they do it would go to a genuine windows lover, trashing windows is worse because mist business is done through word of mouth an you have apple/android fan boys and girls coming on lying about having a windows phone then coming on here and trashing it!
    08-27-2015 08:47 AM
    This is completely innacurate. The hardware in the 5S is vastly more powerful than the 4S, there is no comparison, you aren';t even referencing the model that came after the 4S, the 5S is 2 years later.... /smh. Perhaps you are confusing that with the Lumia 640, where the CPU, GPU and OS are exactly the same as its predecessor. I say this as an owner of both and a very big fan of both, especially the 640. I also own the 4S AND the 5S. Guys it is fine to not like Apple or Google, but don't be fanboish to the point that you look foolish.

Not fanboish at all I am sick to the back teeth of people criticizing the windows phone seriously like there is plenty reviews out there and people just gotta search for them!!
    08-27-2015 08:51 AM
    Why are you trying to dissuade people from standing up for their point of view and making themselves heard? If you want to stay silent and let others take the lead then fine, but to seek to suppress others makes me wonder if your goal is really about making your opinion seem less opposed. Could that be a factor in your approach perhaps?

Not dissuading anyone from making a point but this forum is full of repetitive points its getting so old now and starting to feel like nonsense and just a punching bag for windows now!! I mean if you bought a product and don't like it, don't come on here and whine about it, bring it back, get the phone you want and get on with having a better smartphone experience!!!
    08-27-2015 08:55 AM
    I'm pretty sure I never deceived myself :) I believe in WP for some reason, maybe it's my budget lol. Not really tho, because in that case I could've easily gone with Android, but I'm the sort of person who tends not to do what the millions of others around want me to do, so I moved away from android and ended up with WP. I did a lot of research (if you can call going through reviews doing research) so I was quite aware of the limitations this platform had, but I went ahead and took the bait. I never looked back :) Like I keep saying... The phone should work for you and if it didn't, doesn't and probably won't (when looking at the current path we're on) you should simply move on :)

Just wanted to say a personal thank you :)
    libra89 and ven07 like this.
    08-27-2015 09:00 AM

Didn't know the icon could get 8.1 update 2. �

I currently use build 512 on my Icon. It has a few quirks one being lock screen data being slow to load. Nothing yet to make me roll back. If you decide to go win 10 again be sure to hard reset it afterwards speed stability and battery life improves substantially.. Patiently waiting for the next build 😁

Ps. After hard resetting let the phone sit a couple hours or more, just walk away from it.. Core apps and such are still downloading in the background.
    ven07 likes this.
    08-27-2015 09:03 AM
74 123