Are we deceiving ourselves?

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I am glad that is all you have to add, and since you then immediately added more /sigh... To give you the benefit of the doubt I wasted my time going back through this thread looking for where this supposed WP "pop" had happened but I fail to find it.

The most interesting part is that you feel it is unfair for people to "pop" at WP users, but it didn't even happen here but you sure felt inclined (and obviously still do) to /respond\ in kind. I'll do you a favor and stop. I'm glad we had this discussion.

Jaredallister

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Nokia and Sony Ericsson were the pioneers of pretty looking colourful phones, every phone made by apple was just a rehashed version of its former selves. I was saying Samsung was actually showing innovation with their new phones I have to say that the most innovative phone companies are Nokia/Microsoft and Samsung. Huge difference between Phone manufacturer and OS. I think people are confused between the two!!

And because of that you somehow think no other company is allowed to create a "colorful phones"? By that logic, Henry Ford wouldn't have been allowed to create the Model T. Also no, the iPhone isn't a rehash of the same phone. Why do you think so? Because each model look alike on the outside, well of course they do, why would Apple abandon it's iconic design at this point, customers know what the iPhone looks like, changing that would be very bad business. Each generation of the iPhone improve on the last, incremental improvement generation after generation is how technology improves and evolves. As to who is the most innovated phones companies, it doesn't matter, each company bring something to the table and makes the smartphones industry as a whole better. Apple caused the shift in mobile computing to 64-bit, added finger print scanner, (the best feature on any smartphone IMO) and jumped started the modern smartphone market as we know it today. Samsung jump stared the shift to larger screens, both Google, Microsoft, and even Blackberry have contributed to the smartphone industry as well. It doesn't mater who one think is the most innovated as each and every company innovate and add to this industry.

Im not confused between the difference between an operating system developer and a hardware manufacture.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I am glad that is all you have to add, and since you then immediately added more /sigh... To give you the benefit of the doubt I wasted my time going back through this thread looking for where this supposed WP "pop" had happened but I fail to find it.

The most interesting part is that you feel it is unfair for people to "pop" at WP users, but it didn't even happen here but you sure felt inclined (and obviously still do) to /respond\ in kind. I'll do you a favor and stop. I'm glad we had this discussion.

Glad we had this discussion too I like having heated debates you are a worthy opponent lol.

lparsons21

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Did you not notice the "?" at the end? I didn't catch which update it was after restoring WP8.1

And I doubt I'll fiddle with W10 until it actually releases and has been out for awhile. Based on my experience with moving from W8.1 to W10 on my SurfacePro2 and Yoga 2 Pro, I'm not impressed with W10 on them at all. Enough so that I rolled both of them back to W8.1 too. W8.1 is MUCH better on tablets/small touch screens than is W10 imo.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Not dissuading anyone from making a point but this forum is full of repetitive points its getting so old now and starting to feel like nonsense and just a punching bag for windows now!! I mean if you bought a product and don't like it, don't come on here and whine about it, bring it back, get the phone you want and get on with having a better smartphone experience!!!

Repetition is a key component in protesting and getting heard. If you are finding this wearing then that's a good sign. Giving up is rarely a path to success, I find. Personally I have many placards ready in my hallway and I'll always put the effort in to stand up and be counted. I've been through a decade of industrial action before getting results in the past.

W10 has just started, we fight till the last man. Never give up, never surrender!

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Repetition is a key component in protesting and getting heard. If you are finding this wearing then that's a good sign. Giving up is rarely a path to success, I find. Personally I have many placards ready in my hallway and I'll always put the effort in to stand up and be counted. I've been through a decade of industrial action before getting results in the past.

W10 has just started, we fight till the last man. Never give up, never surrender!

Hallelujah finally a comment that makes sense! Yes yes and yes I fully stand with you. I just crave for a different story or comment im not getting tired of the fight for more on windows im growing tired of Apple and Android users coming on the forums going like petulant children "na Na nana na look what we have and you don't" just plain annoying now like.

You make a 100% valid point though. Great comment. :)

EN-Esty

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm beginning to think I have been. I've been fooling myself since WP7 that Microsoft were going to close the app gap and that not having the apps didn't frustrate me. I've been fooling myself that Microsoft might secure themselves some quality OEM hardware. I've been fooling myself that Microsoft would eventually develop a quality flagship. Should I fool myself that Microsoft will eventually develop a flagship with good specs that also looks good?

Well unfortunately my patience has all but run out and while I will continue to fool myself until I see the 950 in person, this will be the last time.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm beginning to think I have been. I've been fooling myself since WP7 that Microsoft were going to close the app gap and that not having the apps didn't frustrate me. I've been fooling myself that Microsoft might secure themselves some quality OEM hardware. I've been fooling myself that Microsoft would eventually develop a quality flagship. Should I fool myself that Microsoft will eventually develop a flagship with good specs that also looks good?

Well unfortunately my patience has all but run out and while I will continue to fool myself until I see the 950 in person, this will be the last time.

Personally the only thing I don't like about the 2 upcoming flagships is on screen buttons. I don't like them period. Other than that I take one of them in a heartbeat if it support Verizon bands.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm scared after reading neowins comments on our future especially since no flagship on Verizon.
If I was stuck with a non-GSM carrier, I'd be worried too. What a prison. Your can't do anything about whatever atrocities they impose on you. You can't even travel without buying another phone! I am so glad I have great GSM carriers to choose from and don't have to ever buy a phone from them.

Mark Baker3

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I use an iphone for work and it does most things that I need for productivity yet never as simply as wp. WP lacks in some of the bells and whistles but the core needs of a smartphone just seem to integrate better to me. Mapping seems yo just work better than any android systems we have in the family too so mine gets used when anything important is being done. When it comes to games for the kids and silly apps that stick a moustache on a photo however android is far better. App gap is an issue for some. The banking ones are the killer that will always put people off if they are making a choice. That and Muppets selling phones in shops that have no idea what wp can do.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
If I was stuck with a non-GSM carrier, I'd be worried too. What a prison. Your can't do anything about whatever atrocities they impose on you. You can't even travel without buying another phone! I am so glad I have great GSM carriers to choose from and don't have to ever buy a phone from them.

International travel is not an issue for me yet.. But trust me if any gsm carrier covered where I needed it I would be with them just for the availability of unlocked phones. Verizon only for me till a multi-multi billon dollar gsm provider sinks some money in towers where they needed. That has not happened over the past 10yrs and I quit begging (att) 5 of those years ago.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
This is the same kind of thread found over on Crackberry. Use what works for you. Competition is a good thing. Right now my Lumia 830 works for my needs and waiting for Windows Mobile 10 to arrive.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
To be honest WP is not as good as iPhone/Android in terms of functionalities & apps.

But, it is not that bad... In fact I live happily with my 930. Occasionally I find something annoying (lack of certain functions / apps) but they are not critical.

At least WP start screen looks way cooler than iPhone/android. At least the back of my Lumia 930 looks much more unique than most smartphones.

Apple is too arrogant. Yes, their products are very good (but not great to me) but they exaggerate the capabilities of their products. I was once a ****** of Apple (owned iPhone4 up to iPhone6, iPad 1 up to iPad Air, MacBook Air, iMac, iPod shuffle) until two years ago Surface Pro impressed me a lot that I decided to also switch from iPhone to Lumia 930.

Android is not elegant. It is simply full of apps and full of different brands of phones.

I am confident that Windows Phone will improve at much faster rate in the coming 2-3 years. The app gap may last longer (forever, perhaps?) but is not a big deal to me.

Surely I am not deceiving myself because I really live happily with the Windows ecosystem. That's the main point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb