Why is my phone charging through my pc/laptop only?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Yesterday night my Lumia 720 stopped charging and i finally discovered that my phone is only charging through my laptop's usb connection and not form wall charger.
i am using original nokia charger

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone charging through pc/laptop only....:(

But are you using the one with the correct mAh output. I have multiple Nokia chargers and some charge my device and others don't. Might want to see if a higher output charger works with your 920 or not.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone charging through pc/laptop only....:(

You can also check the charger/cable against another phone to rule out a charger fault.

Is it the same cable you are using between PC/phone and AC/phone? Might just be a bad cable...

VaraPrasad18

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
First apologies this question was also posted my me, but i dint check whether i was logged in or not.
and regarding the cable i have been using same charger since DEC 2014 when i bought the phone and its perfectly alright.
I also have a lumia 532 (dad's phone) also connected to that charger but no luck.

Funny part happened today after posting, while phone was connected to laptop.
Its showing the charging symbol but not charging, meanwhile i shifted it to wall charger and again it showed connected and not charging.
And out of curiosity of good old Nokia's i thought to restart it. So i switched off the phone and now its not turning on although battery being 44% and not charging form laptop also....:(

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a bad port...

Inspect it for lint or other debris. Sometimes there is a small bit of something in the port that stops connection. Also look for bent pins.

Hopefully it is lint and no repair needed.

VaraPrasad18

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I hope not as, today in the office i was able to charge my phone from pc and it was charging as usual. While coming i was checking whatsapp and some news and played a game for few mins. And when i was curious to check the battery it all started. Its still connected to my laptop but not charging.

VaraPrasad18

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Small update: today morning, I kept it charging with wall charger and after around 20 mins it shows battery charging symbol. I thought it's fine and switched to fast charging and whop it's gone blank again.

VaraPrasad18

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Finally i think i have figured out what it is.
Its actually a loose connection of battery, as phone has fallen many times in office and might be the connection has loosened.
Because when i pressed the phone tightly for some time when charger was connected, it started charging.
So now i just check and keep pressing my phone hard....it this goes the same way soon i can break my phone (Screen is already broken).

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
[Solved] New Phone.

OK... All kidding aside, that sounds like a good diagnosis.

You could try opening it up and reattaching the cable. Might as well get a screen and tools first. Good Luck.

VaraPrasad18

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
No actually I am planning take a new one for myself or for my father. As already my phone screen is already broken so repairing it makes no sense. But I can use this as my test device for windows 10.

diti_1795

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
this is my problem too. my phone is not taking charge from any charger, any power banks, not even any usb connector from laptop. it has like miraculously chosen a single usb connector and is taking charge only from my laptop via that particular connector. help me out please:cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos