Oh God, the Lumia 950/950 XL sucks....Except wait....

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh God, the Lumia 950/950 XL sucks....

Sums it up. Given I'm already pretty disappointed in the OS I doubt I'll continue on with Windows, considering OnePlus Two. I could say 12 months down the track maybe the 960 will do it for me but really don't expect the product line to survive that long.

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure they'll be doing whatever they can to eliminate the bugs, from the software point of view I'm more worried about the changes ruining the OS I've found great to use.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Specs wise they are beasts.. But they made ugly phones.. I liked the 950 a bit but not good as compared to 930 Look at the android flagships for eg one m9, s6edge or an iphone.. Do u think any android/ios user would switch to WP for such bad looking plastic flagship device? I think no
yup. Some Android users just care about specs and like that is polycarbonate which means it's durable. But I don't think any iOS used will switch.

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
yup. Some Android users just care about specs.

The next round of Android phones are likely to have higher spec'd processors and more RAM since it seemingly takes more grunt to keep Android running. No one cares about higher spec'd camera since Nokia's have always had them.. Screen sizes who knows but it seems the main players are all going for +5" screens.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
The next round of Android phones are likely to have higher spec'd processors and more RAM since it seemingly takes more grunt to keep Android running. No one cares about higher spec'd camera since Nokia's have always had them.. Screen sizes who knows but it seems the main players are all going for +5" screens.

I still want those specs for Windows, it's not about the systems, it's about Apps & Games

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
And they aren't coming till next year

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I love to have this but is it Windows phone? No. so shut up about it.

No its not windows phone,, but its what your asking for and it already available, so go get it and shut up about it already.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I remember seeing that concept for the first time. I was amazed. It simply looks stuning, great,professional, atractive. I bet some manufacturer will eventualy copy it at some point.

It's worth noting that whille MSFT is abandoning original Lumia design with sharp corners, there is new company staryed by some former Apple worker, which is just launching smartphone which design is almost like Lumia 735, just a bit tuned up, and people are clearly liking it.

Edit: http://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/ObiWorldphone_SF1_01.jpg

It's also worth noting that Nokia had metal body, premium designed phone, with sharp corners and small bezels. Well, that was McLaren, canceled by MSFT. It could have been launched without 3D touch, but clearly MSFT isn't going into "fashion" direction, so no need to blame Nokia...

Also, it's happend a lot of times with WPs, that what is disliked at first, is loved after. People hated hamburgers, now I see them asking for them back, wanted hubs but now appreciate that everything is app in store, and so on...

Personally, phones doesn't look premium for me, ok bigger one (cityman) clearly better looking. Talknan looks like some old android Lg... They aren't ugly , but aren't 700$ pretty.
I won't buy them for sure, but I hope they'll be priced well, they need to be inexpensive so could compete with M9, OnePlus Two, G4, etc. My opinion is they'll fail as iPhone competitor and shouldn't try like that.

Soo, let's what will happen...

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft did not design these phones. It was NOKIA.

Microsoft completed acquisition of Nokia 16 months ago and would have heavily influenced decision making of everything Lumia before that time. Even if they didn't given the importance of the combined Windows 10 platform if it didn't fit the look they wanted they would have started over.

Simply put if it has "Microsoft" stamped on it then Microsoft gave thumbs up for the design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99