Oh God, the Lumia 950/950 XL sucks....Except wait....

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
The middle one is fine, its like an updated 1520, but the renders aren't shaped like that. They both have rounded corners like the other two which look much less attractive, IMO.

You really can't tell how those renders look like a 640?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
Guess you weren't around when that pic was originally leaked. That middle one is in a case that is meant to mask its shape. It has round corners, as you can see if you look closely.

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
The middle one is fine, its like an updated 1520, but the renders aren't shaped like that. They both have rounded corners like the other two which look much less attractive, IMO.

It's in some type of case which may also cover the camera hanging out the rear, you can still see the phones own corners. If it took that form without the case I'd be more inclined.

Also to much wasted space at the bottom, no physical buttons I don't want empty space.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Did anybody mentioned that the photo with the dock has the default snapshot of the startscreen of an old advertisement? Does this indicate that the whole image is fake or maybe somebody opened the image in the photo app to make the phone looks nice with the busy start screen?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft sucks in design

The Surface tells a different story, as the final design looks great.

But i really hated the design process of the Surface, where Microsoft pulled a big hardware testing initiative during the past 3 years, screwing everyone who ever bought a surface before version 3. like my self.

I seriously cant believe they approved the first hinge and the first charger. they fail measurably on sooo many levels.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I was reallly unfavorable of the design once I saw evleak's leaked renders. Now, as I see it, if these are the real deal, I might go buy one of these because they are bland (for my taste), which is an advantage. Living in a country populated with people who would rob you your highly priced phone due to their premium design made me realize that "Hey, having a simple looking phone with beast specs are good as well", since these phones have a lower chance of being robbed and lower chance of me crying like a baby for a robbed 600$ (I guess) phone.

So you are using the "nobody will want to rob me because my phone looks basic" argument?lol Man, you really took it far with that comment. But that speaks to the uninspiring and undesirableness(is that a word?lol) of the phone. Imagine that for an ad. Buy our flagship cause no one will rob you for it.lmbo

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
So you are using the "nobody will want to rob me because my phone looks basic" argument?lol Man, you really took it far with that comment. But that speaks to the uninspiring and undesirableness(is that a word?lol) of the phone. Imagine that for an ad. Buy our flagship cause no one will rob you for it.lmbo

Ya. Hahaha I'll be waiting for that ad.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Lmbo I would be laughing for real. But I think they will look fine in reality. Basic, not expensive looking but just fine. I just wanna see that camera and I hope they increase the shutter speed time since LG can go up to 30 seconds now and even the Note 5 has a minimum shutter speed of 10 seconds. And also I would like live view of the affects of the ISO, shutter speed and manual color temperature settings.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I dont care... I dont buy things to look premium or to give me a status... Whether it is clothes, computer , car, bike, or any other thing people use to class themselves with. I buy what I want/need based on usage of the tool. Damnit, I make the object shine.

I just need another top notch windowsphone. My only hesitation of the next flagships is the idea of an Intel surface phone... Would I really need that,?! No.. Would it be cool to now dock my phone at the office instead of my surface pro 3? Sho nuff!!! Would it replace my surface, probably not, but the ideas of my real "PC" personal computer in my pocket when I need it is what got mw started with windows mobile 5... Or the pocket pc many yeas ago.

Screw google... I used to like them,but they way they play is not cool. They way they treated windows phone users who also uses their services stinks. I will go back to apple if I ever decide to move, but still a locked ecosystem. I chose Microsoft, not just to be different... But because I liked where they were going and I can use my Microsoft services just about anywhere... I just a bulk of Microsoft services, yet, I am not locked in... Like a dog on a chain verses one without... I am not chained to the phone, yet I stay because I am happy and treated well.

Every year a new phone, but in the end they do the same basic things... Most of you are so caught up on marketing and fitting in... The same company has you loving something when they release it, then have you dogging it when they say it out of style, yet you are doing the same damn things you have been for years...

To each their own... We all will buy what we want for our own personal reasons which are nut to argue about... I dont see anything wrong with the phones. I have not found one phone that screamed premium... What is premium... I dont ness a phone I have to baby... I love the removable poly back over metal any day... No dents, easy to replace.

All these lifeless people sitting back staring at a phone screen like it life's necessity, air. Is it really that big of a deal for the next object you sent a text with?

As far as is, pick your poison. Microsoft needs to look more standard, which you all see as more android/ios. I am not a fan of stack of icons, but everything else is ok. Glad to see ms trying... But I n the end... I have been happy with my tilt 2, focus 1, 900, 920, 1520, 635, 640... Along with the iPhones and Android devices I have had.

Mark Baker3

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
To the point and so true Jaime. I like the look of my 930 but I bought it to replace my failing 920. A 950 will likely be an unnecessary expense to me initially but when prices come down as they always do ill be on board for one. I think they look ok. A few colours would be nice though but that might come later if they do well enough and production warrants it.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Guess you weren't around when that pic was originally leaked. That middle one is in a case that is meant to mask its shape. It has round corners, as you can see if you look closely.

Then I don't understand his point at all, it why he included that one. They are not flagship looking devices, based on those pics/renders.

Kodiak12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm waiting for Juggernaut...

Ya'll can pizz and moan over the azz-ugly 950's but they ain't gonna change. They is what they is. Granted, the MS designers have no Jony Ive and they all have probably been kept in the basement too long but I'm just not convinced the 950's are what MS means by "flagship". (Holy Christ I pray not).

Last hope for me is the Surface Phone aka "Juggernaut".

EnemiesInTheEnd

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Then I don't understand his point at all, it why he included that one. They are not flagship looking devices, based on those pics/renders.

They do to me. It looks like most flagship phones. You think a Galaxy Note 5 looks more premium because it has a single button and cheesy chrome trim?

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
They do to me. It looks like most flagship phones. You think a Galaxy Note 5 looks more premium because it has a single button and cheesy chrome trim?

As a matter of fact yes it does. If you played with the phone in hand, it looks and feels premium for sure. It looks like they thought about what it looks like. It definitely doesn't look boring.

EnemiesInTheEnd

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
As a matter of fact yes it does. If you played with the phone in hand, it looks and feels premium for sure. It looks like they thought about what it looks like. It definitely doesn't look boring.

The Galaxy Note 5 is incredibly boring looking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro