Oh God, the Lumia 950/950 XL sucks....Except wait....

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I came to these forums because i'm tired of Android, and tired of rooting to get what i want. There are enough apps in the windows store, to keep me happy. My LG G3 contract will be up soon, and i really liked the design of the 640XL. However, i'm holding out for the 950XL, because i like the faster processor. The "give and take" in this forum is refreshing, but it's starting to get reminiscent of the old Crackberry forums. Everyone should just agree to disagree, period. I do like new thoughts and ideas. It's just the way that they are put forward that's a little disturbing. :winktongue:

640 XL is an amazing device as far as design goes...I am looking forward to this new XL :)
I think people are just annoyed that not every windows phone fan is whining and complaining like they are and refuse to accept that there are people who like this and that is fine....

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
640 XL is an amazing device as far as design goes...I am looking forward to this new XL :)
I think people are just annoyed that not every windows phone fan is whining and complaining like they are and refuse to accept that there are people who like this and that is fine....

Didn't mean to rant. Just trying to get a handle on the "pulse" of this forum.:winktongue:

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Why does user have to be blind because they like these designs? Daniel Rubino said it himself....the odd thing is, it is windows phone users whining about these designs when non-windows phone users(aka the ones usually bashing windows phone) say they look pretty good. Irony.

Please don't tell me what I will do if a surface phone comes out? When I buy a phone I rarely pay attention to how it looks. After all I have owned phones such as the Microsoft Kin, Kyocera Echo(Dual Screen Android Phone...seriously look up how ugly it was), Motorola cliq, backflip and many other phone.

Why? I brought them because they looked cool/unique to me....not because they were pretty. I brought them for the FEATURES of the phone. For Microsoft Kin, I love the kin studio/spot(which they would bring it back to windows 10 somehow) and I love pulling my Echo out and being able to watch a video on one screen and have a text message open on the other.

I had the xpera play which was ugly as sin simply because I could play playstation on it. It could have been way better designed and its camera sucked royally(this was Pre-lumia) but I got it for its features...not its looks.

As far as a surface phone, I'd get it if it had a better camera on Front and back than the new flagships and it brought something new feature wise.

Premium to me is not something made out of metal and is just pretty....Premium to me is something that sets trends(like the 1020 with its epic camera) or the 1st phablet for the windows phone ecosystem(Lumia 1520) that brought me my favorite phone.

Premium to me is being able to run new windows 10 features with no lag because it has amazing performance.

That is precisely why apple users stick with IOS.Not for a design but because Apple brings them a quality product that builds on what the previous iPhone brought them....even with its redundant design.

And that's what these Lumias likely will do...bring me new additions on top of an amazing Lumia experience.

Besides
I like my colors....and if a surface phone cant bring me colors like I have on my Lumia, then that kills a lot of my interest already.

Let people have their opinions without you labeling them negatively because they disagree with you. After all even with Samsung's cheap plastic designs up until recently, no one denied that a Galaxy S4 or S5 was a premium device even when manufacturers had begun using glass and metal by then.
Very valid points but for one people who were waiting for a Galaxy S phone didn't have to wait for over a year to get one and more for the people who didn't get a flagship at all since the Lumia Icon was exclusive anyway. For me that's dating all the way back to the Lumia 925. And even still Samsung designed phones with actual design elements when they were using plastic materials. They still looked nice even if the skipped out on the premium materials. My biggest point is that Microsoft had more than enough time to give us Lumia 640/640XL(that's not even to say they look bad)look alikes with high end specs. If we had a flagship last year then I could be way more forgiving but I just don't see how they have done us justice with these. I by myself could produce a phone design that is more intersting in less than a week. Just for fun I may do one.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

ejlee072006

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
So the solution is to buy an overpriced phone that is easily broken?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

DUDE, it's kinda like buying a Mercedes Benz over price but break easy!!! it's the experience you get from an iPhone,that's expensive, i have been using wp since 2010, my last phone was the mighty 1520 which assuirion discontinued!! I finally jumped ship, and problem solve!
7c52516ee7c8e98089d666705b1be246.jpg
3c2cfa7fdc012ee283b4faf40491751e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ejlee072006

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
This was the last windowsphone, but insurance cancelled it, in the future it will be the same thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacob103

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
And yet all you people will still go out and buy it because you guys are devoted to Windows Mobile. So please shut up these phones look great. 😍

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have 830 and 735, and as much as 830 should feel "premium" I'm not very happy about dents on the Aluminium frame that I cannot replace with a new shell like I can on 735. No need of a repair if you can just spend 25€ on a new shell.

And surprisingly the 735 has no gaps between the shell and the phone's hardware, while my 830's Aluminium frame has gaps on the bottom side that leaks light from the capacitive buttons, and the plastic cover's hole for the Camera does not fit correctly.

However an idea of having a harder piece of Polycarbonate as a frame would be nice too. Although I'd prefer smaller costs of a repair with a flagship.

Yet that's just me who prefers Specifications over material used or design to some point.

That would be fine if the 950's polycarbonate design was even remotely as beautiful as the 735's design...

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Very valid points but for one people who were waiting for a Galaxy S phone didn't have to wait for over a year to get one and more for the people who didn't get a flagship at all since the Lumia Icon was exclusive anyway. For me that's dating all the way back to the Lumia 925. And even still Samsung designed phones with actual design elements when they were using plastic materials. They still looked nice even if the skipped out on the premium materials. My biggest point is that Microsoft had more than enough time to give us Lumia 640/640XL(that's not even to say they look bad)look alikes with high end specs. If we had a flagship last year then I could be way more forgiving but I just don't see how they have done us justice with these. I by myself could produce a phone design that is more intersting in less than a week. Just for fun I may do one.

But what is the point of releasing a flagship last year when there was no major update? What company do you know that just releases a new flagship with no major updates to the os? It doesn't make sense to release a flagship on windows phone 8.1 update 1 when there is no real difference in update 1 vs 8.1

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
But what is the point of releasing a flagship last year when there was no major update? What company do you know that just releases a new flagship with no major updates to the os? It doesn't make sense to release a flagship on windows phone 8.1 update 1 when there is no real difference in update 1 vs 8.1

Well my point is that they've had ample time to get their stuff together while they continue to ask loyal fans to be patient. And they sure as heck didn't stop releasing the cheap $50 ones. Microsoft really has the most loyal supporters I must say. I was in love with Windows Phone since day one but I got out last year when they cancelled the McLaren and on top of that only one flagship came to T-Mobile and on top of that it only had 16gb of internal storage with no memory card slot. Who else is going to change directions so many times while being already behind on features and apps and ask their few supporters to wait until they get things together? Remember the WP 8 issue with the core changes and older hardware not being able to update to 8.0? It has been a long time and Microsoft is supposed to give us something for our patience. Seriously. They owe us(I say us because I do plan to return to the platform) for being so loyal while they figure things out. I think Windows 10 solves a lot of what was wrong from the beginning. The flagship for this year should evoke a very strong and positive reaction and it just hasn't. It's not a new design we're getting. We're basically getting slightly modified Lumia 640/640XL(based off the leaked photo and WP renders) with high end specs. But I'm going to reserve judgment until the announcement.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Everyone here missing the point. We are all windows phone fans here - if msft succeeds in getting us to buy these things they've failed. We're stuck at 3% market share and if that doesn't turn around soon Satya is going to kill WP - well be buying android or iPhone and using office/OneDrive over there. The real question we should be discussing is whether anyone we know is going to look over our shoulder on the bus and say "hey, that Cityman/Talkman looks awesome, trade you my GS6/iPhone6/Note4/M8/Xperia for that!"? If msft does not do that with these phones they've failed - we are all going to upgrade regardless, and in a year msft will tackle mobile with plan b. I think the collective debate and complaints from this community regarding the renders is the real fear that the phones are good enough for us, but not for our friends/co workers who already think we are crazy. I am personally not a fan of the renders, but I reserve judgement until I see them in the flesh. Regardless, I'll probably buy one, but I can't help but wonder why I shouldn't switch to android now instead of in a year's time when msft forces me to do so. Let's hope that launch had some surprises!

I believe this sums it up.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I wonder sometimes if Microsoft really wants to hurt Android. So far Windows Phone has been like pouring money down the drain, but they make billions annually from Android.
Really doesnt matter what Microsoft does at the moment. Till the apps come, marketshare will be what it is. Might as well make cash on android while you're at it

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
You must have thought the 800, 900, 920, 830, and 1520 were ugly too then. Not surprised you think the 950 looks good.

Lmfao.
I don't like the looks of the 800 and 900.

I loved my 920 but it's design was it the best.

I do think the 830 looks nice and I loved my 1520s design. Though I wish it looked more like the 1320

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
How will Lumia 940/XL compete with S6/Note 5/S6 Edge/Edge+, Iphone 6S/Plus,Xperia Z5/Premium(4K display), Moto X Pure/Style, with these designs, and ugly transparent start screen tiles?

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
How will Lumia 940/XL compete with S6/Note 5/S6 Edge/Edge+, Iphone 6S/Plus,Xperia Z5/Premium(4K display), Moto X Pure/Style, with these designs, and ugly transparent start screen tiles?

In the current build as well as previous builds, you can customize the transparency of your tiles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb