Oh God, the Lumia 950/950 XL sucks....Except wait....

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I really meant iPhone 6, the 6s is not even out yet! What in trying to imply here is how SLOW MSFT IS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. I was just being sarcastic. I believe that now is the time for MS to make a move, and i feel that they can catch people like me, who are tired of the Android in-fighting between companies. Switching from one company to another, just to gain a "special" function(that you probably won't even use) for that phone, is all bogus. It's all just for bragging rights, and i'm tired of getting jerked around by LG, Samsung, Apple, and all the rest.:angry: I apologize for my rant.:wink:

ejlee072006

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I know. I was just being sarcastic. I believe that now is the time for MS to make a move, and i feel that they can catch people like me, who are tired of the Android in-fighting between companies. Switching from one company to another, just to gain a "special" function(that you probably won't even use) for that phone, is all bogus. It's all just for bragging rights, and i'm tired of getting jerked around by LG, Samsung, Apple, and all the rest.:angry: I apologize for my rant.:wink:

I get it dude, this are my reasons why I was a wp user for 5 years, I didn't like how Google handled android, you are correct! You have to switch phones with android to get the latest feature which I found stupid! A lotttttttttttt of people don't even know that!!
For know I'm with Apple! And I'm enjoying it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't care much about the looks. It looks ok. What I am annoyed about is that there isn't a flagship performance phone which is at a formfactor I'm happy with.

Basically, I would love to see a L950 variant which is similar size to my L920, and similar resolution. I haven't handled a phone with a 1440p screen, so can't comment on that, but I have handled the L930, with a 1080p screen, and it definitely wasn't anything worth getting bothered about compared to the 768p screen on my L920, and at that, the only noticeable difference is my L920 has a LCD screen, while the 930 has OLED, I presume the bump up from 1080p to 1440p will be even less perceptible.

So, I'd much prefer to have better performance, better battery life, and a size I'm happier with to hold and have in my pocket than the high res screens. That's the simple gist of it. Meanwhile, no one is really offering that anymore unless you look at entry level phones. Surely I'm not the only one who would like flagship performance with a few compromises.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't care much about the looks. It looks ok. What I am annoyed about is that there isn't a flagship performance phone which is at a formfactor I'm happy with.

Basically, I would love to see a L950 variant which is similar size to my L920, and similar resolution. I haven't handled a phone with a 1440p screen, so can't comment on that, but I have handled the L930, with a 1080p screen, and it definitely wasn't anything worth getting bothered about compared to the 768p screen on my L920, and at that, the only noticeable difference is my L920 has a LCD screen, while the 930 has OLED, I presume the bump up from 1080p to 1440p will be even less perceptible.

So, I'd much prefer to have better performance, better battery life, and a size I'm happier with to hold and have in my pocket than the high res screens. That's the simple gist of it. Meanwhile, no one is really offering that anymore unless you look at entry level phones. Surely I'm not the only one who would like flagship performance with a few compromises.

You've just heavily described the qualities of an upper mid range device. Too bad Windows Mobile doesn't have much of that. The 830 doesn't exactly live up to the standards an upper mid range device is expected to have. Maybe MS will unveil a 850 on the 6th, and the 5xx and 8xx will be their two affordable devices in the budget tier released yearly.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
You've just heavily described the qualities of an upper mid range device. Too bad Windows Mobile doesn't have much of that. The 830 doesn't exactly live up to the standards an upper mid range device is expected to have. Maybe MS will unveil a 850 on the 6th, and the 5xx and 8xx will be their two affordable devices in the budget tier released yearly.

The problem is they usually nerf mid range devices in some other ways as well. If the mid range is too good, it will steal sales from flagship models, and that would be a disaster, since the margins on flagship phones is usually a lot better. My ideal device would for all intents be a flagship, just without a stupidly large display and resolution.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
The problem is they usually nerf mid range devices in some other ways as well. If the mid range is too good, it will steal sales from flagship models, and that would be a disaster, since the margins on flagship phones is usually a lot better. My ideal device would for all intents be a flagship, just without a stupidly large display and resolution.

Oh... Well unless you go iPhone, then there's not really much out there in the android or Windows world that I know of along the lines of being a FULL 2015 flagship quality device with a sub 5inch display and sub 1080p display...

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
If NO microSD card support I'm out! With only 32GB on a super phone is ridiculous! This rumors better not be true? I have a hunch that somebody got mixed up between microSD card and dual SIM card support! Can anyone confirm?

Vijay_Anand

May 30, 2015
Visit site
If NO microSD card support I'm out! With only 32GB on a super phone is ridiculous! This rumors better not be true? I have a hunch that somebody got mixed up between microSD card and dual SIM card support! Can anyone confirm?

I'm assuming you're referring to leaked slides. I think they're only listing a few specs and not all of them. They're not spec sheets, after all. Daniel Rubino had said in the past that both phones will have a Micro SD slot, and he was quoting insider sources, unless I'm wrong.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Samsung phones are only called cheap because of the plastic bit they still looked premium. Even the S5 with it's plaster dotted back but the new flagships are completely generic. In pretty sure Huawei has made ?100-200 phones that look like this.

Do you really think it's great that these are the phones that are going to represent windows 10 mobile?
I take back what I said about these flagships. They look sexy and since the back is removable, you can even change the design so that there are metal edges. They really are amazing!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Quick show of hands, how many people here complaining about the 950's looks are NOT going to put them in a case/skin/whatever?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)