Design of 950 & 950XL and W10M not good?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The two polls I've seen so far show that the majority either like them or are neutral. The folks that don't like them are the minority. The complainers are almost always the most vocal.

I never believe internet poles :p

Also the options of the one pole are not very realistic.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I'm holding a L925 and can say without a doubt these renders show a phone that is thinner, has smaller bezels and has a camera bump just about the same size (sticking out from the device). I like the designs (maybe not in cyan) and I think the white and black versions of the 950XL will look spectacular.

EN-Esty

May 30, 2014
Visit site
The two polls I've seen so far show that the majority either like them or are neutral. The folks that don't like them are the minority. The complainers are almost always the most vocal.
I'm sorry but which poll are you looking at!? Because the one I've seen shows an equal number of people like and dislike the phone with the majority of people feeling neutral at best towards it (not even going into the fact that it's a tiny sample and should be biased as hell towards people liking the product since this is a forum for people who generally enjoy MS products!). I'm honestly at a loss as to how you think it's a good thing that the majority of people at best feel 'meh' towards the flagship device for our platform! That is not the point of a flagship device!

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
See when I look at my nokia 830, the nokia logo is on the right in order to minimize bezel. Microsoft puts it below the speaker adding useless bezel for their name. To maintain symmetry at the bottom theyadd useless bezel. They should do it like Nokia and if Microsoft doesn't fit, just put the windows logo. This would save them a huge amount of bezel.

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
See when I look at my nokia 830, the nokia logo is on the right in order to minimize bezel. Microsoft puts it below the speaker adding useless bezel for their name. To maintain symmetry at the bottom theyadd useless bezel. They should do it like Nokia and if Microsoft doesn't fit, just put the windows logo. This would save them a huge amount of bezel.

The 950 and 950xl ARE Nokia designed phones so im not sure what you mean when you say "they should do it like Nokia" because THIS IS Nokia.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

landcameras

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Really? I have no comment about where a logo goes, but proposing that the size of the phone and its physical design was dictated by the logo paint? Really?

This is akin to complaining that the steering wheel in your car is too big because the maker's name is too long to fit on a smaller steering weel, therefore they had to increase the size of the steering wheel.

Do you really think that they purchased larger glass, and designed a larger body simply to accommodate a logo text? does that make sense to you? by your reasoning there is some empty space under that logo.. at least they could put a little door there so you could stash your weed in it.. sheesh.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com

When I look at my Nokia 925, the logo is right under the speaker. Moving on.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Plain and simple, they're uninspired. This is basically the same design they used two years ago with the Lumia 1520. Sure, the 1520 is s a nice looking phone, some might even say it's a great looking phone, but it's time for something new. People want something to get excited about. A rehash of a two year old design isn't exciting.

Personally I was hoping for a more refined Lumia 930 (which might be what their new mid-range phones look like). It's boxy, it's unique, and it's looks great sitting next to a Surface tablet.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
if you look at all MS lumia all had rounded corners as opposed to nokia lumias sharp corners(except L1320 i guess).IMO though i love nokia lumias design. even L520 looks great with sharp corners. Don't know why MS doesnt follow the design signature of nokia lumia..is there any pattern issue?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Plain and simple, they're uninspired. This is basically the same design they used two years ago with the Lumia 1520. Sure, the 1520 is s a nice looking phone, some might even say it's a great looking phone, but it's time for something new. People want something to get excited about. A rehash of a two year old design isn't exciting.

Personally I was hoping for a more refined Lumia 930 (which might be what their new mid-range phones look like). It's boxy, it's unique, and it's looks great sitting next to a Surface tablet.

Looks at iPhone.....which usually keeps the very same design language for quite awhile before marginally tweaking.

Checks the HTC one and some of Samsung phones.

This isn't the first time someone kept a design and merely tweaked it.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Looks at iPhone.....which usually keeps the very same design language for quite awhile before marginally tweaking.

Checks the HTC one and some of Samsung phones.

This isn't the first time someone kept a design and merely tweaked it.

Yeah, all companies that got slammed for rehashing designs. I see no reason why MS shouldn't be treated the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077