Design of 950 & 950XL and W10M not good?

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
My Lumia 925 is running pretty great on the W10MTP right now, so I'm actually thinking about waiting to see what the Surface Phone is like before making a purchasing decision. Maybe get a 640 to hold me over until May. And if the Surface Phone isn't as good, grab a 950XL for a little cheaper by then.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 640, 640 XL, 830, 530 and all those other Lumias released are all Nokia designs...Some of them merely have Microsoft's name on them.

To be honest, I am not even sure why people are saying this design is different from Nokia LUmias. It looks like any other Lumia

Nokia certainly did not get every design they did right either...the 920 was derided for its chunky design despite being a fan favorite.

But the 925 was hailed as a great design and what the 920 should have been.

The Lumia 820 was a great design but then you have the forgotten 810 that was incredibly ugly...

So we shouldn't act as if EVERY design Nokia did was perfect and yet they still sold reasonably well(for windows phone) and I imagine these will as well...as far as getting people to switch, well the only complaints I've seen are from Windows phone users ironically.

Even Pro-apple/Android people actually said they don't look half-bad.

You're actually making a lot of peoples' points... this looks like low/mid-tier Nokia Lumias. It looks absolutely nothing like Nokia Lumia flagships. I couldn't ever imagine Nokia letting a flagship that bland and drab leaving their factories.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
You're actually making a lot of peoples' points... this looks like low/mid-tier Nokia Lumias. It looks absolutely nothing like Nokia Lumia flagships. I couldn't ever imagine Nokia letting a flagship that bland and drab leaving their factories.
My 640 feels no different than the 920 I had in 2012. That was a flagship and I design was.....derided.

And I don't find my 640 XL to be any less of a design than my 1520. In fact the XL design is better than the 1520.
Furthermore these designs are NOKIA DESIGNS not Microsoft so yeah Nokia probably would

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
if you look at all MS lumia all had rounded corners as opposed to nokia lumias sharp corners(except L1320 i guess).IMO though i love nokia lumias design. even L520 looks great with sharp corners. Don't know why MS doesnt follow the design signature of nokia lumia..is there any pattern issue?
I think it's to do with the fact that sharp corners can be uncomfortable.

Mathias Lindberg

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Was hoping for a better looking flagships by MS but they just ruined the beauty of Lumia phones. First they brought on screens and now they made the edges round and with no metallic frame.. They dont look like successors of 930/1520. And with W10M sucking and not finding the new OS attractive will you still buy the flagships or any other WP device or switch to android or iOS? :/

Windows 10 didn't get a huge overhaul during development, because it didn't need it it. Windows 10 Mobile probably won't change much either, but it really needs an overhaul. Start, app list and different apps look really bad, enough to stay on Windows 8.1 Update 2. I'd look to Android if they don't overhaul the Windows 10 Mobile experience before release.

Clive Rennie

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Why do some of us say I'm going to switch to Android if Microsoft don't do this or that? Ill never switch no matter what I have a nexus 6 I'm using Microsoft services on but my L1520 is my main device next to my L640xl lets wait until the new phones come out I don't want to be a me too person like the iPhone and android crowd I have all the apps I need I got my 2 banking apps working on my L1520 MCU and Capitol one I'm good so I'm waiting for the new devices to come out Microsoft forever.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
ok guys let's stop fighting each other on whether we are ios,wp or android fanboys.
A true fan can emphasize both good and bad aspects of his daily platfom. The purpose of any flagship is to offer the best the company can deliver. To make users upgrade to your new model or to bring new users on board your ecosystem you must comply with three important things:
1. The device(s) must have a great design. It's the first thing anyone has contact with when it sees the phone in the store, on a poster, website etc
2. You must offer good hardware specs. a flagship does not really need to have always the latest tech 100%
3.You need to put something new in it, a feature or something that is not yet available, or won't ever be on an older model
Besides, PR is important also.
Of course other stuff is also important such as quality of customer support.
These two leaked models have nothing to do with a premium phone to sustain the prices that will have.You cannot ask a flagship price on a redesigned 640 as still expect users to catch the bait. Leave the software experience for now out. To get an Android user or an iphone user to switch and adapt with the new app collection the device must offer something that's attractive, and these are not. Take for example a Galaxy S4 or S5 user who wants a new phone and that guy is willing to switch the platform if possible.What will he chose? a new S6 or Note 5 or S6 Edge or one of these two?? it's pretty clear that he won't go with any of these two models.. the same goes for an iphone user.
At least if you as a company still have problems with the app gap and quality of the apps, make the damn phones attractive. it's the only thing you have left to gain market share 'till you solve the app problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea