Let's Take a Poll: Cityman & Talkman Press Images

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
As a Windows Phone fan since WP7, and also a MS advocate, I have to say this time I'm fairly disappointed with the leaked image so far. I'm really hoping they'll change it up this time and make it with some more premium feel and materials... I don't know how accurate these images are meant to be, but I'm hoping for some relatively big changes when they actually announce it, because the specs looks amazing.

I've been waiting for awhile since L920, so I really hope they can make us proud....

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I see a lot of people complaining about bezel here but I thought the on-screen buttons disappear? They do on my mom's 640XL. So when I visualize the 950XL without the black bar on the bottom of the screen and with additional tiles displayed it doesn't look as bad at all.

Solidgamez

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I really hope so, becuase my 535 is complete sh*t. Touch screen is either non responsive or recognizes fingers where there aren't any...
It is that I can't do without it, otherwise I would've sent it out for repairs. Hope the 840/850 is indeed not far behind so I can replace my phone with something that at least does work.

Solidgamez

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I see a lot of people complaining about bezel here but I thought the on-screen buttons disappear? They do on my mom's 640XL. So when I visualize the 950XL without the black bar on the bottom of the screen and with additional tiles displayed it doesn't look as bad at all.
The on-screen buttons do disappear. What people, me included, are complaining about is the fact that this has bigger bezels than my 535, that whilst other manufacturers have been able to reduce the bezels every time.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The thick silver ring on the talkman is awful (calls too much attention to the camera), and I abhor on-screen system buttons. Even if you can hide them, it's an extra tap or swipe to bring them back (terrible UX), and for a lot of phone operation they have to be visible regardless. For me, it's just all wrong.

Last edited:

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
The design matters because it is the first thing 90% of users: existing or potential new ones will see anywhere. You don't see the specs written in most posters or store advertising, you don't see the specs in full when browsing in a carrier's online store, but the phone in it's glory. And if the design is not appealing, user will simply skip on most of the times.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
These must be Nokia latest unfinished design patterns made by the guys that were thrown away by Satya, and Microsoft didn't bother to finish them up..why to bother with something that implies more costs.Besides the Surface line, eveything at MS looks now cheap, amateur made, with a serious lack of quality and detail.

Samir Kumar2

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Th ebezel is not too much at the bottom if you remove the onScreen buttons from the screen FYI the top and bottom bezels accounted for less than what we found in IPhone6/6S.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
And look how dull and uninspired the 925 looks from the back and front. You have to have angled shots to be able to tell exactly what a phone will look like. Even then it won't tell you what the actual device will look and feel like.

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Dull and uninspred or the best Lumia by many peoples account? Black 925

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Attachments

• 76462.jpg
    76462.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 34
  • 76457.jpg
    76457.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 76460.jpg
    76460.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 33

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
640 is a budget phone, so the looks would be as per the price.. When you see 830 it looks better and premium with that aluminium frame than 640 thats why it is costly.. Now talking about these flagships they look same as the midrangers.. No premium look.. No metal frames.. Just plastic body.. Why would a person buy such phone which looks same as the mid range.. People already using WPs would buy.. But people switching to WP would not buy such devices who have already been using best looking phones from android like htc one m9 , s6 edge, etc or person using an iphone.

Lumia 640 is a midrange!!!!! for a midrange phone and it's price looks nice, but these two are supposed to be premium devices! you cannot have premium devices only on specs or only in looks. both aspects must come together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expectations of looks is one thing, but what I'm getting at is that it is being called ugly. By this logic, the 640 is ugly - which it's not. I also expected premium materials, but because it lacked it, it is disappointing. It's not ugly though.

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh, no doubt it's the best by a long shot. I own one. Just saying that from the front and back and side, without any context even the 925 can look bad.

Thats why put up the pictures of a black 925, still a good looking phone but not as nice as the white one, especially in pictures.

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
These are Nokia budget designs... they look just like budget Lumias over the years, and nothing like ANY flagship Nokia has ever put out.

Where? If anywhere does it say that these are budget designs? Links? Or proof of any kind? Or is that just an assumption?

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The on-screen buttons do disappear. What people, me included, are complaining about is the fact that this has bigger bezels than my 535, that whilst other manufacturers have been able to reduce the bezels every time.

Are the bezels that big after the on-screen buttons disappear compared to other manufacturers?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Phone Comparison.jpg
    Phone Comparison.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 31

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Dull and uninspred or the best Lumia by many peoples account? Black 925

Lumia 925 still pretty great looking even these days. My friends really like the 925 and asking how much is it.

If we just have 950 with 925 looks but some updated features like removable back covers (Its a must for Lumia), similar camera design from 950 XL and maybe have front stereo speakers just like the N-Series days and HTC One series.
I have a concept on other post but I'll just repost it here.
Lumia Concept.png

Additional to the discussion. I also played around the current leaked 950 and 950 XL images with some changes like speaker design from 640 XL and borrowing 950 XL camera to 950.
mockup.png
Speakers at the bottom, like most Lumia devices before.
mockup2.png
Same speaker placement from the leaked image but got 640 XL design instead of dotted speaker.
mockup3.png
Front stereo speakers just like old N-Series and HTC One devices. The bezel at the bottom is bit larger since we have to put speakers in it.
mockup4.png
Speakers place at the bottom side/base of the device, just like what 920, 820 and 1020 did. Not shown in the image.

Last edited:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Where? If anywhere does it say that these are budget designs? Links? Or proof of any kind? Or is that just an assumption?

Not sure if you're joking or not, but I'll bite. The 950/950 XL much more closely resembles the following Lumias than any of the flagships: 520, 530, 535, 1320, 620, 635, 640, 640 XL

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you're joking or not, but I'll bite. The 950/950 XL much more closely resembles the following Lumias than any of the flagships: 520, 530, 535, 1320, 620, 635, 640, 640 XL

No,,im not joking. Is there any proof anywhere that these are so-called budget designs?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb