10-06-2015 09:50 PM
127 12345 ...
tools
    08-29-2015 06:54 AM
    More Waa-burgers and French-cries, coming up! Just go to iFool, bye!
    08-29-2015 07:38 AM
    There's nothing wrong with these phones, they just waited too long and there's no way they could live up to the hype. That said 100% of these crybabies are STILL buying one.
    08-29-2015 12:58 PM
    Would you pay $40,000 for Nissan Maxima? I don't think so.
    I just built a Nissan Maxima for an optioned out total of $43,765 which appears to be in line with other car manufacturer's flagship models. I think you meant the Altima.
    Al4video likes this.
    08-29-2015 01:34 PM
    If you want an iPhone why don't you just get an iPhone. I'd suggest that you wait for the 6s because I think they fixed the bending problem. You can have the pretty metal body and you won't have to worry about wireless charging, removable batteries or micro SD cards, and if you are lucky you might get a twelve megapixel camera and two megabytes of memory. Shame to put the stylish little thing in a case though, but they seem fairly fragile if my daughters iPhones are any guide.
    08-29-2015 03:00 PM
    The iPhone 6 series look like a clipboard without the clip... What's happening with 'premium designs'? I missed the days when OEM's went all out with slabs.
    08-29-2015 03:27 PM
    Most phone manufacturers rarely venture from their bread and butter designs. The iPhone has had two major refreshes in its lifetime. The Galaxy appears to simply be following suit. The Lumia line needs to have a look that belongs to it for years. This may be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-29-2015 03:31 PM
    1. Maybe if you only acknowledge measurements by naming only. The 950 carries the SD 808 chip, which is inferior to the 810. The 810 tested poorly against the Samsung Exynos chips inside it S6 and S6 Edge. The 820 is also going into phones NOW, but Microsoft has opted for the older chip that's basically being replaced by every other flagship OEM within 4 months of the 950/950 XL release. The camera's not proven to be top-notch, as we know nothing of its OIS quality, nor do we know how it'll compare to the optics of the 930 and 1520 (same resolution). The 950 also isn't going to have integrated wireless charging, and you apparently have to buy some stupid flip cover (things I don't like) to add it in. We barely know anything about the true guts of these things, except that one carries a mid-range SoC and the other carries a high-end one that's about to be replaced. Other than that, it's somewhat vague stuff, from a performance standpoint (MP aren't the only thing to show camera quality, we don't know the battery life, regardless of battery size, etc.).

2. "Expensive looking?" You mean, "expensive, and carrying high-end parts and materials." I don't want a metal body phone, they always lean towards lighter colors, and I don't care for those much on my phones (I abhor gloss plastic and hate white, yellow, cyan, and pink Lumia bodies). However, there is NOTHING refreshing about these things. As everyone says, the 950 is basically a 640/640 XL retread, and those look every bit the budget device. The 950 XL's inexplicable camera ring is hideous on the black device (probably isn't AS gross on a white one, but still an eyesore). I didn't like the 830/930 design because of the aluminum bands (found them ugly--as I said, don't like light-colored metals), but I'd take them ANY DAY over these things.

3. Yeah, that Microsoft motto is a joke. If they were really about DOING stuff, they wouldn't have thrown pop-out menus into everything, making switching panes in an app slower and more cumbersome. They wouldn't have tucked all of my e-mail accounts into one app, leaving me to fumble around that pile of garbage known as "Outlook Mail" on W10M. They wouldn't have taken away multiple functions from Xbox Music (lockscreen and live tile settings). They wouldn't have thrown us an Xbox app that doesn't have toast notifications for messages. They wouldn't have cluttered the app list with a dozen or more system apps you can't uninstall, even if you don't want them. They wouldn't have bloated the OS to more than double the size of WP8.1. They wouldn't have basically done everything they could to just copy the iOS and Android designs of pop-out windows and layers upon layers of menus to be popular.

Microsoft's about profits, not doing. That's why they're copying competing UIs. That's why they're porting apps (eventually), rather than building great apps for Windows users and hiding them from the competing platforms, in the hopes of adding a few more users.

Microsoft has a created a better experience on lesser processors through optimization. Your point couldn't be more moot unless you are saying higher numbers are better. And then your point would be "Mooter" if there is such a thing.
    08-29-2015 04:10 PM
    Fail - was the first world that came to my mind this morning when I saw the 950 & 950xl designs. They just look like updated 640 & 640xl with better features. I can't believe this. And for those that are calling us haters. You can go to hell - yes I am pissed specially after being waiting for two years for a WM(WP) flagship phone/s. Those should not be call flagship phones period. Just look at them. Seriously! I read that these may not be the final designs (I will pray for that person mouth).

Nobody will pay luxury money for a Toyota Camry not matter what you put inside. It is still and midrange car. And we are supposed to pay $700 for these.. Are you joking? Premium whatever has to look good, feels good and works good. Would you pay $40,000 for Nissan Maxima? I don't think so. I am sure you would for a Lexus or Mercedes Benz, right? So, no I am not happy with the designs. And please, this has nothing to do with the OS. I love the OS. I may get a new 1520 if I have to. Follow my tweet

#norealflagship
    Since when did you become the judge of what people will pay for? This doesn't make sense. Just imagine for a moment a world where decisions and design don't revolve around you? Now breathe!!!
    RumoredNow and Bologwp like this.
    08-29-2015 04:14 PM
    If, in person, they resemble the 640 & 640xl I will not buy it. I love MS and have been a loyal supporter but the 640 looks incredibly cheap in person. So much so that I looked at it for about 15 seconds and then left the at&t store.
    iggim likes this.
    08-29-2015 04:44 PM
    Microsoft has a created a better experience on lesser processors through optimization. Your point couldn't be more moot unless you are saying higher numbers are better. And then your point would be "Mooter" if there is such a thing.
    Just saying it's invalid because you don't agree with it, with nothing to really back things up factually, isn't an argument.

Microsoft has put out a smooth experience on lesser hardware, sure. W10M also more than doubles the size of the OS, and its multitasking (in its present form) is quite un-smooth. You're applying the characteristics of one OS to the other, and that's just not smart. I can't say I expect W10M to become some smooth, fluid OS in the next 2 months, when it's so buggy, crash-prone, and clunky in many regards right now. It might get better, throwing it at semi-flagship-worthy chips could get it fluid. However, the OS we're seeing and testing now runs contrary to the past status of a streamlined OS that doesn't chug along or make a mess of things.
    08-29-2015 05:12 PM
    Microsoft has a created a better experience on lesser processors through optimization.
    No they haven't. Any "optimization" felt on Windows Phone is more because of its limited capabilities and features than anything. As time has gone on, Microsoft has added more features. Along with that, speed and stability has gone downhill. And FWIW, a benchmark comparing WP to Android with similar hardware specifications doesn't show any advantage to WP in performance.

The optimization medal goes to Apple. Granted, it is a lot easier for them because they have relatively few hardware configurations, and every bit of it is specified by them. It is relatively simple to optimize when you're not trying to make it work on thousands of devices.
    colinkiama and WesleyBPeres like this.
    08-29-2015 08:55 PM
    I'd like to see what MB you get for $40K. It certainly isn't one if their flagship models! Just sayin....
    08-29-2015 09:14 PM
    Just saying it's invalid because you don't agree with it, with nothing to really back things up factually, isn't an argument.

Microsoft has put out a smooth experience on lesser hardware, sure. W10M also more than doubles the size of the OS, and its multitasking (in its present form) is quite un-smooth. You're applying the characteristics of one OS to the other, and that's just not smart. I can't say I expect W10M to become some smooth, fluid OS in the next 2 months, when it's so buggy, crash-prone, and clunky in many regards right now. It might get better, throwing it at semi-flagship-worthy chips could get it fluid. However, the OS we're seeing and testing now runs contrary to the past status of a streamlined OS that doesn't chug along or make a mess of things.
    The desktop version of W10 was as smooth as a porcupine until the final two builds. You can't make statements like this.

08-29-2015 11:09 PM
    The desktop version of W10 was as smooth as a porcupine until the final two builds. You can't make statements like this.

LOL, what? I can't say that W10M isn't smooth because W10 is? You know they're not the same thing, nor are they powered by the same class of hardware, right?

Again, saying I can't make a statement because you don't like it isn't an argument. What are you, the North Korean government?
    08-30-2015 11:35 AM
    LOL, what? I can't say that W10M isn't smooth because W10 is? You know they're not the same thing, nor are they powered by the same class of hardware, right?

Again, saying I can't make a statement because you don't like it isn't an argument. What are you, the North Korean government?
    No.. Put some comprehension to use here. What I stated was that Microsoft did not focus on fluidity and stability until the very end, so it is safe to say they are doing the same with the mobile version. I completely expect the final builds prior to launch to be smooth on newer devices

08-30-2015 11:38 AM
    Xanax should be mandatory is this forum.

It's just full of pissy children, who (ironically) seem to hate Microsoft. Weird.
    08-30-2015 11:43 AM
    How does it look much different than an iphone 6 or gs6 from a straight on angle?It's just a very generic photo not showing angles, etc. like on most product pages.
    iphone-6.png
    Sedp23, Bologwp and Summer_Moon like this.
    08-30-2015 12:46 PM
    No.. Put some comprehension to use here. What I stated was that Microsoft did not focus on fluidity and stability until the very end, so it is safe to say they are doing the same with the mobile version. I completely expect the final builds prior to launch to be smooth on newer devices

Except we don't know that. The Insider Preview program is over in a month. The OS is possibly out in 2. We don't know what we're getting, but we know we're getting it soon. Microsoft's messed up so much in W10M that they're getting no credit for things that aren't done.
    08-30-2015 01:57 PM
    Xanax should be mandatory is this forum.

It's just full of pissy children, who (ironically) seem to hate Microsoft. Weird.
    People express displeasure with something MS has done, so the people MUST hate Microsoft.

Thanks for that thoughtful analysis, it doesn't reek of fanboy mentality or ignorance veiled by insults.
    08-30-2015 01:59 PM
    I believe the xl will look nice, but the non xl with this damn silver ring... Hope it will look better in real.
    08-30-2015 02:02 PM
    Well, it's deserved speculation. Given how poor the Microsoft hardware has been so far, and how half-assed everything has been in Windows 10 thus far, I'm all good with railing on Microsoft until it actually does something right.
    Deserved speculation? Is that something new?
    08-30-2015 04:05 PM
    People express displeasure with something MS has done, so the people MUST hate Microsoft.

Thanks for that thoughtful analysis, it doesn't reek of fanboy mentality or ignorance veiled by insults.
    Talks of insults with insults. Classic. Admit it out not, everyone here (particularly posters) are either fanboys or trolls.

Maybe I'm imagining it, but it seems obvious that at an oddly large number of people here complain about everything from Microsoft. This was because of all the Nokia fanboys, but I can't explain it anymore. People complain and talk about leaving the platform because Windows 10 mobile is slow and buggy... does that make logical sense at this point in it's development? Just look at the recent threads, they are almost always overwhelmingly against Microsoft out something with Windows phone. I just don't understand how anyone could be so unhappy for so long without abandoning the platform.

I find it hard to believe that you out any other member here hasn't witnessed irrational complaints.
    08-30-2015 07:33 PM
    First of all, we don't know anything. Sure, I get your frustration over an image that was leaked - but it's just that. Let's see what actually happens and then rant and rave. I'm a fan-boy, for sure. I signed up into the Microsoft ecosystem because I liked what they were doing and I wanted an alternative to iOS and Android. Did I live without a few "must-have" features? Sure, if the standard was what everyone else wants and uses. I didn't sign up for anything in specific. This adventure has been a tumultuous ride and nothing was ever promised that made me say, "ok, I'll stay another month... year...". In fact, nothing was ever promised so I'm not sure how anyone's fantasy has been so devastatingly destroyed. Still, in the end, I hope people (fan-boys, trolls, and casual folk) get what they ask for - it's unlikely, I know, but still a hope. It seems to me that people these days are just unfairly loud and obnoxious about their wants and needs. I don't mean this in terms of consumer rights and entitlement that competition brings to the market, I just mean that in general attitudes stinks. The world needs more relaxed and moderate people, it really does.
    08-30-2015 07:45 PM
    Have you ever played World of Warcraft? Go visit their forums and you'll see the same exact stuff. "Rarr, rarr, rarr, I'm leaving... I'm leaving for real. Seriously, guys. I'm leaving!" Yet, there they are still posting to the forums (meaning they have an active account) months and months later. Just do it. I once resolved to quit Facebook. I was tired of the changes, the security junk, the spam, the noise, the privacy concerns. I responded to feedback when it was requested, but I didn't go to some forum to complain. I simply quit. 8 months and counting. It can be done. These sort of people that complain about everything think they're doing the world some kind of service.
    08-30-2015 07:53 PM
127 12345 ...