10-06-2015 09:50 PM
127 ... 456
tools
    has nobody here held a galaxy S[insert hot new trendy number here]?
    plastic trash

Nexus devices have always been plasticy and as slippery as a bar of soap with the exception of the nexus 6

5c's are also plastic junk, yes, i get it, they are apples low range device

the G3/G4 is a wonky design with the power button on the back? sure, it has shake to wake and knock, but, put one in a windshield mount... power off

but seriously, there's no such thing as a flagship that pleases everyone. even my iphone 6 feels like a seran wrapped turd in my hand. my moto x, the focus s, my iphone 5 have probably been the best looking/feeling phones i have seen or owned.

the surface phone renditions look hot as ****. the 950's look pretty good as well. but really, think about it, you people are getting upset over a phone, one that hasn't released yet.
    09-11-2015 04:33 PM
    Complaining that the 950 does not pack the future is kinda pointless. Should Microsoft wait for the 820? But wait, the Snapdragon 830 will soon be around, maybe they should wait another year, but wait, the Snapdragon 840 will soon be announced, certainly we should wait, but wait... ... ... Fact is that the 810 and 808 has fallen short on synthetic benchmarks against the Exynos, and the A9x has fallen short against both. And yet... iphone users have a pretty good experience with their new phones. I haven't heard much complaining from the G4 users.

tl;dr: Get over it. We finally get a new phone after a couple of years of patient waiting only to rip it apart? There is always something better on the horizon, don't wait. Embrace the now. Waiting for the future is eternal.
    Problem with the phone chips is that they've been good enough for quite a few years now. It baffles me why they're pushing the envelope on these chips, where we could slow down synthetic benchmark results and get better battery life out of them.

Smartphone sales growth has steadied, and it has kind of reached a point where a lot of people see no value in upgrading their phone. I won't be upgrading, there's no real features I'd be upgrading to, the only one of which would be a better camera, but that's pretty much it, the rest I don't care about. So the question sort of is, what sort of flagship is it, if it doesn't really bring anything new to the table, or do much better than previous phones?
    10-06-2015 09:50 PM
127 ... 456