We waited two Years for This! #nomicrosoftflagship

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Fail - was the first world that came to my mind this morning when I saw the 950 & 950xl designs. They just look like updated 640 & 640xl with better features. I can't believe this. And for those that are calling us haters. You can go to hell - yes I am pissed specially after being waiting for two years for a WM(WP) flagship phone/s. Those should not be call flagship phones period. Just look at them. Seriously! I read that these may not be the final designs (I will pray for that person mouth).
Lumia-Cityman-950XL-Leak.jpg
untitled.png

Nobody will pay luxury money for a Toyota Camry not matter what you put inside. It is still and midrange car. And we are supposed to pay $700 for these.. Are you joking? Premium whatever has to look good, feels good and works good. Would you pay $40,000 for Nissan Maxima? I don't think so. I am sure you would for a Lexus or Mercedes Benz, right? So, no I am not happy with the designs. And please, this has nothing to do with the OS. I love the OS. I may get a new 1520 if I have to. Follow my tweet

#norealflagship

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you, I'm also disgusted with the cheap looking design they went with. Nothing like the Nokia Lumia 925, 830 or 930. I hope those are fake or I will just keep my 93 and get a new HTC flagship. Microsoft seems to have destroyed Lumia and Nokia with their constant release of low end lumias and then release cheap looking 'flagships' do they think we are stupid. These phones will fail because I certainly will not be buying one of these if those are real. I been with Nokia a long tine and Lumia since Lumia 900. I had a Nokia Lumia 710, 900, 735, 830, 925 and 930. No thanks Microsoft with your cheap knockoffs.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
It's not that bad at all lol I like them the galaxy phones have looked like cheap plastic for years and people still pay 600 plus For it

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
They look like kiddy toys to me. I really thought when CEO said flagship that everyone will love I was expecting good specs in a very well designed body. Instead we got good specs in the same old WP low end cheap looking body and no I will not get over it. We all here have been pulling for WP and we all wished for good flagships like all the others OS have. To me Microsoft soft did this want high end here knowing full well the devices looked like crap won't sell so they could say hey we did flagship it didn't work out know back to cheap phones.

barotropic

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Some quick points to consider:

- My hope is they won't be $600-$700. Maybe that's why they're not iPhone-like in appearance - $450-$550 would justify that.
- Personally, I'm glad not to see solid metal bodies. I =want= a removable battery and SD-card expansion, and metal phones generally don't allow that. Metal phones also weigh more and have issues with wireless charging.
- And this is purely IMHO. I want great function; "looks" and "feel in the hand" are way down my priority list. I've never understood why anyone would pay $700 for a phone and not protect it with a case. They usually look like crap after 6 months of dropping the soap-slippery devices. So if most of us put a nice looking case on them, what does it matter if it's aluminum or poly-carb? Much more important that it's a responsive phone with a full sensor suite, plenty of RAM and storage, sharp screen, and that new features such as HELLO are available. These seem to fit that bill.

I'm looking forward to these devices.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Not as bad as it could have been. I'm more worried for the 'inside', since I don't think it's enough.
For now, I don't have 1 good reason to retire my 1520. Nothing trully succeded it yet.

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Stopped reading after the first couple of sentences from the op. Microsoft's new flagships look definitely better then your English. That's for sure. Like one of the posters said, stop crying, slap an otter box on that bad boy, and move on.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Fail - was the first world that came to my mind this morning when I saw the 950 & 950xl designs. They just look like updated 640 & 640xl with better features. I can't believe this. And for those that are calling us haters. You can go to hell - yes I am pissed specially after being waiting for two years for a WM(WP) flagship phone/s. Those should not be call flagship phones period. Just look at them. Seriously! I read that these may not be the final designs (I will pray for that person mouth).

Nobody will pay luxury money for a Toyota Camry not matter what you put inside. It is still and midrange car. And we are supposed to pay $700 for these.. Are you joking? Premium whatever has to look good, feels good and works good. Would you pay $40,000 for Nissan Maxima? I don't think so. I am sure you would for a Lexus or Mercedes Benz, right? So, no I am not happy with the designs. And please, this has nothing to do with the OS. I love the OS. I may get a new 1520 if I have to. Follow my tweet

#norealflagship

Sorry but the black one looks good to me

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you, I'm also disgusted with the cheap looking design they went with. Nothing like the Nokia Lumia 925, 830 or 930. I hope those are fake or I will just keep my 93 and get a new HTC flagship. Microsoft seems to have destroyed Lumia and Nokia with their constant release of low end lumias and then release cheap looking 'flagships' do they think we are stupid. These phones will fail because I certainly will not be buying one of these if those are real. I been with Nokia a long tine and Lumia since Lumia 900. I had a Nokia Lumia 710, 900, 735, 830, 925 and 930. No thanks Microsoft with your cheap knockoffs.

Good luck with that HTC flagship....Glances at their previous windows Phone devices

1. HTC 8X/8S---
Users were screwed around royally with updates and it took them ages to get WIndows Phone 8.1 and there are some individuals who never got Windows Phone 8.1

Oh and by the way they are blocked from being able to use developer preview.

2. HTC One M8-
Updates are slightly better on this phone and it looks amazing and it has great specs.

Oh wait....that $600 nicely designed phone with the awesome design and specs has a camera that's quality looks worse than a sub #100 phone. Scored significantly lower than it is competitor android, windows and even the iPhone in camera test.

But at least it was pretty.....

Oh and btrw the HTC One M8 windows is a rehash of an android phone which for some is fine....but it would be fine if the fact that the M8 windows is still basically inferior to its android cousin as it lacks features/functionality. But at least it has most.

3. HTC M9-
Based of initial reports there were some issues with performance and took them awhile to iron those out and that camera, has got a big spec improvement....

Except wait...once again HTC's camera sucks and its users complained about it and the fact that compared to other competitors HTC is still weak.

But at least it was pretty.....

Yeah i'll take the 'ugly' Lumia phones over an HTC any day as I am usually guaranteed a phenomenal experience with my Lumia(I have yet to be l et down by any of the flagships or the low end/midrange models) because design aside, at least I know my phone is guaranteed proper support coming from Microsoft and it's features/specs aren't going to be weak.

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I don't think I see the problem. They look OK to me, but so does pretty well every other phone I've owned. It's just a phone, right? For me, "flagship" means state-of-the-art innards, features and functionality, along with a top class (and large) screen. I don't think I care about looks, apart from having a black or dark grey one in the range (I don't like bright colours on my phone).

Still, I realise that some people want the phone to look and feel like it was very expensive. Fair enough, I'm just saying I feel differently.

Laurence_Leong

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
In term of spec...i kinda of satisfy about it
I'm on your side when talking about the design..the design just doesn't look decent :( sorry, microsoft

lbeezy2188

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yo guys calm down the phone has not even been officially announced so chill. It is all speculation so until you see a real product you have no reason to whine

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yo guys calm down the phone has not even been officially announced so chill. It is all speculation so until you see a real product you have no reason to whine

Well, it's deserved speculation. Given how poor the Microsoft hardware has been so far, and how half-assed everything has been in Windows 10 thus far, I'm all good with railing on Microsoft until it actually does something right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs