We waited two Years for This! #nomicrosoftflagship

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has a created a better experience on lesser processors through optimization. Your point couldn't be more moot unless you are saying higher numbers are better. And then your point would be "Mooter" if there is such a thing.

Just saying it's invalid because you don't agree with it, with nothing to really back things up factually, isn't an argument.

Microsoft has put out a smooth experience on lesser hardware, sure. W10M also more than doubles the size of the OS, and its multitasking (in its present form) is quite un-smooth. You're applying the characteristics of one OS to the other, and that's just not smart. I can't say I expect W10M to become some smooth, fluid OS in the next 2 months, when it's so buggy, crash-prone, and clunky in many regards right now. It might get better, throwing it at semi-flagship-worthy chips could get it fluid. However, the OS we're seeing and testing now runs contrary to the past status of a streamlined OS that doesn't chug along or make a mess of things.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has a created a better experience on lesser processors through optimization.

No they haven't. Any "optimization" felt on Windows Phone is more because of its limited capabilities and features than anything. As time has gone on, Microsoft has added more features. Along with that, speed and stability has gone downhill. And FWIW, a benchmark comparing WP to Android with similar hardware specifications doesn't show any advantage to WP in performance.

The optimization medal goes to Apple. Granted, it is a lot easier for them because they have relatively few hardware configurations, and every bit of it is specified by them. It is relatively simple to optimize when you're not trying to make it work on thousands of devices.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Just saying it's invalid because you don't agree with it, with nothing to really back things up factually, isn't an argument.

Microsoft has put out a smooth experience on lesser hardware, sure. W10M also more than doubles the size of the OS, and its multitasking (in its present form) is quite un-smooth. You're applying the characteristics of one OS to the other, and that's just not smart. I can't say I expect W10M to become some smooth, fluid OS in the next 2 months, when it's so buggy, crash-prone, and clunky in many regards right now. It might get better, throwing it at semi-flagship-worthy chips could get it fluid. However, the OS we're seeing and testing now runs contrary to the past status of a streamlined OS that doesn't chug along or make a mess of things.

The desktop version of W10 was as smooth as a porcupine until the final two builds. You can't make statements like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The desktop version of W10 was as smooth as a porcupine until the final two builds. You can't make statements like this.

LOL, what? I can't say that W10M isn't smooth because W10 is? You know they're not the same thing, nor are they powered by the same class of hardware, right?

Again, saying I can't make a statement because you don't like it isn't an argument. What are you, the North Korean government?

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
LOL, what? I can't say that W10M isn't smooth because W10 is? You know they're not the same thing, nor are they powered by the same class of hardware, right?

Again, saying I can't make a statement because you don't like it isn't an argument. What are you, the North Korean government?

No.. Put some comprehension to use here. What I stated was that Microsoft did not focus on fluidity and stability until the very end, so it is safe to say they are doing the same with the mobile version. I completely expect the final builds prior to launch to be smooth on newer devices

jawash22

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
How does it look much different than an iphone 6 or gs6 from a straight on angle?It's just a very generic photo not showing angles, etc. like on most product pages.
iPhone-6.png

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No.. Put some comprehension to use here. What I stated was that Microsoft did not focus on fluidity and stability until the very end, so it is safe to say they are doing the same with the mobile version. I completely expect the final builds prior to launch to be smooth on newer devices

Except we don't know that. The Insider Preview program is over in a month. The OS is possibly out in 2. We don't know what we're getting, but we know we're getting it soon. Microsoft's messed up so much in W10M that they're getting no credit for things that aren't done.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Xanax should be mandatory is this forum.

It's just full of pissy children, who (ironically) seem to hate Microsoft. Weird.

People express displeasure with something MS has done, so the people MUST hate Microsoft.

Thanks for that thoughtful analysis, it doesn't reek of ****** mentality or ignorance veiled by insults.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
People express displeasure with something MS has done, so the people MUST hate Microsoft.

Thanks for that thoughtful analysis, it doesn't reek of ****** mentality or ignorance veiled by insults.

Talks of insults with insults. Classic. Admit it out not, everyone here (particularly posters) are either fanboys or trolls.

Maybe I'm imagining it, but it seems obvious that at an oddly large number of people here complain about everything from Microsoft. This was because of all the Nokia fanboys, but I can't explain it anymore. People complain and talk about leaving the platform because Windows 10 mobile is slow and buggy... does that make logical sense at this point in it's development? Just look at the recent threads, they are almost always overwhelmingly against Microsoft out something with Windows phone. I just don't understand how anyone could be so unhappy for so long without abandoning the platform.

I find it hard to believe that you out any other member here hasn't witnessed irrational complaints.

RayWP7

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
First of all, we don't know anything. Sure, I get your frustration over an image that was leaked - but it's just that. Let's see what actually happens and then rant and rave. I'm a fan-boy, for sure. I signed up into the Microsoft ecosystem because I liked what they were doing and I wanted an alternative to iOS and Android. Did I live without a few "must-have" features? Sure, if the standard was what everyone else wants and uses. I didn't sign up for anything in specific. This adventure has been a tumultuous ride and nothing was ever promised that made me say, "ok, I'll stay another month... year...". In fact, nothing was ever promised so I'm not sure how anyone's fantasy has been so devastatingly destroyed. Still, in the end, I hope people (fan-boys, trolls, and casual folk) get what they ask for - it's unlikely, I know, but still a hope. It seems to me that people these days are just unfairly loud and obnoxious about their wants and needs. I don't mean this in terms of consumer rights and entitlement that competition brings to the market, I just mean that in general attitudes stinks. The world needs more relaxed and moderate people, it really does.

RayWP7

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Have you ever played World of Warcraft? Go visit their forums and you'll see the same exact stuff. "Rarr, rarr, rarr, I'm leaving... I'm leaving for real. Seriously, guys. I'm leaving!" Yet, there they are still posting to the forums (meaning they have an active account) months and months later. Just do it. I once resolved to quit Facebook. I was tired of the changes, the security junk, the spam, the noise, the privacy concerns. I responded to feedback when it was requested, but I didn't go to some forum to complain. I simply quit. 8 months and counting. It can be done. These sort of people that complain about everything think they're doing the world some kind of service.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd be bleary eyed, shaking, Cheetos dust all over my face at 3 AM telling myself, "Just one more quest."

True story...I've had friends who got divorced over WoW.
Darn near had to fire a young guy in the maintenance shop I was in charge of because he never slept at home

Bryan Trach

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I saw the mock ups and immediately knew I would be switching for good to something else. The leaked iPhone 6s Plus photos make it look more professional and top tier. The 950 looks like the 640 which is cheap!!!

SBaljeet

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
The blue one looks like some Chinese make phone. Look at the camera lens and the flash and a big circle surrounding it! At first glance I thought it might be a big lens somewhat like 1020's. But no! its only the design! What the actual lens is teenie weenie round shape within this BIG ROUND CIRCLE!! OMG people would really dig it it! Really?!?! YUphoria phone, that cheap android phone having android one os has somewhat same design for the camera. Come on Microsoft that's not what a flagship phone looks tbh.

The black one is definitely Chinese phone. Period.

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Talks of insults with insults. Classic. Admit it out not, everyone here (particularly posters) are either fanboys or trolls.

Maybe I'm imagining it, but it seems obvious that at an oddly large number of people here complain about everything from Microsoft. This was because of all the Nokia fanboys, but I can't explain it anymore. People complain and talk about leaving the platform because Windows 10 mobile is slow and buggy... does that make logical sense at this point in it's development? Just look at the recent threads, they are almost always overwhelmingly against Microsoft out something with Windows phone. I just don't understand how anyone could be so unhappy for so long without abandoning the platform.

I find it hard to believe that you out any other member here hasn't witnessed irrational complaints.

See, now false equivalence. I say that dissension isn't irrational complaining, and you take that to mean I say that no irrational complaints happen. That's why I can't have a real discussion with you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo