We waited two Years for This! #nomicrosoftflagship

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yo be honest i don't like the Microsoft branding, I came to windows phone from iphone only because I trusted Nokia a phone on me without Nokia branding doesn't seem right. Strange but true. Maybe I can go to a shop and have them clear off the Microsoft logo and put Nokia on it 😁 I don't like the design of these phones and its cheap looking materials but I think I will get one of these unless HTC comes out with an m9 or an m9 plus for windows only because I love windows phone so much.

My friends are so amazed at the camera quality of my 930, in even had a problem that the police had to deal with they decided to use my phone instead of their iPhone 6 and the other officers Samsung s6 edge because they were so amazed with the quality of the camera. I was so proud sad but true. 😆

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Also I would like to add they should have improved on Nokia Lumia 830 and 925. 825 was sleek and sexy and the 830 was thin and had an amazing design and premium look just like the 925.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
In the back of mind, I kind of saw this coming! Microsoft never was into high end smartphones and since the public expect to see a flagship; Microsoft just did it without much time spent on design and development as one can tell. It will interesting what price point it will be and this time around how their will be releasing it in the U.S. With exclusive tied to a carrier again or use EU method - unlocked and multiple stores and online!

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft never was into high end smartphones and since the public expect to see a flagship; Microsoft just did it without much time spent on design and development as one can tell.

Where do people get this from? Microsoft has never been into high end smartphones? They just recently started selling them. So to say they aren't into high end phones is to ignore the fact that they haven't been in the phone hardware game for very long.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Where do people get this from?

Reverse vampires, in association with the Rand Corporation, have allowed Microsoft to retroactively control Nokia back to their respective beginnings...

Every phone Nokia ever produced is now a product of Microsoft and was designed by Microsoft.

It has to do with the interwebz degrading the attention span of... oooo shiny... What's on YouTube... Did I check my email... Got a text coming... Who's on first???

svtfmook

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
has nobody here held a galaxy S[insert hot new trendy number here]?
plastic trash

Nexus devices have always been plasticy and as slippery as a bar of soap with the exception of the nexus 6

5c's are also plastic junk, yes, i get it, they are apples low range device

the G3/G4 is a wonky design with the power button on the back? sure, it has shake to wake and knock, but, put one in a windshield mount... power off

but seriously, there's no such thing as a flagship that pleases everyone. even my iphone 6 feels like a seran wrapped turd in my hand. my moto x, the focus s, my iphone 5 have probably been the best looking/feeling phones i have seen or owned.

the surface phone renditions look hot as ****. the 950's look pretty good as well. but really, think about it, you people are getting upset over a phone, one that hasn't released yet.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Complaining that the 950 does not pack the future is kinda pointless. Should Microsoft wait for the 820? But wait, the Snapdragon 830 will soon be around, maybe they should wait another year, but wait, the Snapdragon 840 will soon be announced, certainly we should wait, but wait... ... ... Fact is that the 810 and 808 has fallen short on synthetic benchmarks against the Exynos, and the A9x has fallen short against both. And yet... iphone users have a pretty good experience with their new phones. I haven't heard much complaining from the G4 users.

tl;dr: Get over it. We finally get a new phone after a couple of years of patient waiting only to rip it apart? There is always something better on the horizon, don't wait. Embrace the now. Waiting for the future is eternal.

Problem with the phone chips is that they've been good enough for quite a few years now. It baffles me why they're pushing the envelope on these chips, where we could slow down synthetic benchmark results and get better battery life out of them.

Smartphone sales growth has steadied, and it has kind of reached a point where a lot of people see no value in upgrading their phone. I won't be upgrading, there's no real features I'd be upgrading to, the only one of which would be a better camera, but that's pretty much it, the rest I don't care about. So the question sort of is, what sort of flagship is it, if it doesn't really bring anything new to the table, or do much better than previous phones?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss