02-08-2017 04:20 AM
1,280 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    The problem I have is Apple are to expensive and cheap Android phones are crap, so what does that leave? WP. A lot of people have also caught on to this, I see a lot of budget WP around here in the UK at least
    For me it's the other way around. I'll get iPhones/Android (will choose the next iPhone) for free at work but had to pay for my Lumias.
    It was OK when I got something "extra" (Office, OneNote, SkyDrive/OneDrive) for my Money but now it would be crazy to pay for a Windows phone.
    09-05-2015 07:20 AM
    For me it's the other way around. I'll get iPhones/Android (will choose the next iPhone) for free at work but had to pay for my Lumias.
    It was OK when I got something "extra" (Office, OneNote, SkyDrive/OneDrive) for my Money but now it would be crazy to pay for a Windows phone.
    Well I got 1 years free Office 365 sub with my L640, Perhaps that is something MS should think about throwing in with all Lumia's, Its not much but its something extra for buying a WP
    Ian_Superfly likes this.
    09-05-2015 07:25 AM
    Well I got 1 years free Office 365 sub with my L640, Perhaps that is something MS should think about throwing in with all Lumia's, Its not much but its something extra for buying a WP
    No, it's not much (and it would not effect business users) but that would at least give us TWO unique reasons for chosing WP/W10M, Live tiles AND one year of 365. ;-)

(Btw, a friend of me did really chose his 8" W8.1 tablet instead of a used iPad mini due to this type of offer)

EDIT: Three reasons: Live tiles, Office (if they ship 365 for free) AND HERE. I travel a lot in my work and it is very good to download the needed maps for each country in advance. I do not know if I can get the same on the iPhone, need to check it up.
    Last edited by Ian_Superfly; 09-05-2015 at 10:53 AM.
    anon(5518418) likes this.
    09-05-2015 07:48 AM
    Personally, I've lost hope for Windows Phone / Windows Mobile and I'm not interested to buy a Windows phone.
    09-05-2015 09:01 AM
    The question is, what to buy instead? An iPhone that costs 50% more than it should costs and has the most boring UI ever? Or an android that will get 1 update and will be abandoned? The only smart alternative is a nexus device, but their camera sucks until now. So,I don't know yet. The design of the xl is not bad, but it's so huge... And the design of the 950 is....meeh.
    09-05-2015 09:20 AM
    Like if my phone died right now? no. I don't like any of the phones they made recently, and the 'leaks' don't look good.

Personally, I've lost hope for Windows Phone / Windows Mobile and I'm not interested to buy a Windows phone.
    I haven't lost all of it yet, but I'm almost there. the alternatives don't look appealing either though. I'll stick with my WP8.1 powered Lumia 925 for the time being. when that breaks (hopefully a long time from now) I'll see what the state of WinMo is and pick something
    09-05-2015 09:22 AM
    The question is, what to buy instead? An iPhone that costs 50% more than it should costs and has the most boring UI ever? Or an android that will get 1 update and will be abandoned? The only smart alternative is a nexus device, but their camera sucks until now. So,I don't know yet. The design of the xl is not bad, but it's so huge... And the design of the 950 is....meeh.
    This is also my predicament. Android for me is out of the question as its just to laggy. Leaves iOS which is vastly overpriced.
    anon(5843918) likes this.
    09-05-2015 09:22 AM
    This is also my predicament. Android for me is out of the question as its just to laggy. Leaves iOS which is vastly overpriced.
    *coughs*BB10*coughs*
    oh wait, that's becoming Android too
    09-05-2015 09:32 AM
    Like if my phone died right now? no. I don't like any of the phones they made recently, and the 'leaks' don't look good.

I haven't lost all of it yet, but I'm almost there. the alternatives don't look appealing either though. I'll stick with my WP8.1 powered Lumia 925 for the time being. when that breaks (hopefully a long time from now) I'll see what the state of WinMo is and pick something
    I had Lumia 920 and next month I'm switching to OnePlus One. The only reason that I switch to android are the apps.
    09-05-2015 10:16 AM
    I'm not sure if I'm going to buy a new wp after the 520 and 925. I really liked it at first (low price, works smooth, nice simplistic design), but I lost the vision of Microsoft with W10m. I'm using the insider version on my lumia 925 for a couple of months, and the look and feel of wp8 seems gone. The smoothness is gone: it's slow and many small and handy features are missing or work more complicated than before.

I really hope MS will work on the user experience to make it feel as before, and with more features and better settings. iOS is too expensive for me and Android is even worse in user experience.
    09-05-2015 10:44 AM
    I would but it doesn't appear that Verizon is getting the new flagship. I've had a 928 for 2+ years and the screen burn is getting annoying. May have to go with Apple.
    09-05-2015 10:47 AM
    For now... I would say Yes, definetely.
    I had bought the first lumia (920) three years ago and I've got the L930 last May..... I said yes because I want to believe in their promises regarding windows 10 for phones.
    Let's see what happens....
    09-05-2015 10:50 AM
    I'm not sure if I'm going to buy a new wp after the 520 and 925. I really liked it at first (low price, works smooth, nice simplistic design), but I lost the vision of Microsoft with W10m. I'm using the insider version on my lumia 925 for a couple of months, and the look and feel of wp8 seems gone. The smoothness is gone: it's slow and many small and handy features are missing or work more complicated than before.

I really hope MS will work on the user experience to make it feel as before, and with more features and better settings. iOS is too expensive for me and Android is even worse in user experience.
    Of course smoothness is gone, w10m is still in preview phase, it have long way till the final release and possible smoothness on par with Wp8/1
    libra89 likes this.
    09-05-2015 11:13 AM
    I know, wanted to note it but I forgot. But still, they'll have a lot of work to do if they want it better than wp8.
    09-05-2015 11:19 AM
    I doubt it. Windows 10 (not that I'm holding my breath my phone will get it) seems to be undoing most of what I found appealing about Windows Phone in the first place. Add to that the lack of anything like CarPlay or Android Auto on the roadmap, along with the fact that the platform just isn't really going anywhere, and I'm likely to go elsewhere. Won't be anything Android because it sucks, so most likely iPhone it is. the head unit in my truck supports CarPlay and it's pretty nifty.
    theefman likes this.
    09-05-2015 12:16 PM
    I've been with windows phone since the beginning. Got kicked in the teeth like everyone else who bought the Lumia 900. Had the HTC 8X, the Lumia 925, the Lumia Icon and most recently I'm using the Lumia 640. All of these phones were/are excellent devices hardware wise but were hampered by OS feature limitations that make the platform foolish to consider if you are already invested in another ecosystem. Beside the UI there really isn't much difference between the Windows OS and iOS. Pretty much the same features and the same limitations (with the exception of the app situation of course.

I was a big proponent of HERE maps until this past weekend when it failed to get me to and around the Niagara Falls area. Microsoft Maps while appearing identical had navigation information HERE didn't (both updated prior to departure), but I didn't want to take the chance of ending up in an area that wasn't safe for the family so I broke out my Xperia Z1, and Google Maps made the trip an absolute joy.

The Windows OS is aesthetically pleasing, lag free, and more than enough for the average user (much like iOS) but definitely lacks the versatility of Android. While it feels more secure than Android, Microsoft seems impressed by the Google model of generating revenue via advertisements and appears to be going down a similar road. This has already resulted in the feeling of a great loss of privacy for desktop users who have made the switch to Windows 10.

So I guess long story short... I will continue to play with Windows devices because I have the ability to do so, but I more than likely won't be purchasing the next flagship and I'm just as unlikely to make any Windows phone my daily driver for some time to come.
    theefman and xandros9 like this.
    09-05-2015 12:42 PM
    I'm really finding it hard to believe that people who've made up their minds that they're done with the Windows ecosystem would even be on this forum.
    09-05-2015 12:48 PM
    I'm really finding it hard to believe that people who've made up their minds that they're done with the Windows ecosystem would even be on this forum.
    Maybe some hope somewhere deep within? Or, just to mourn the loss of faith...
    09-05-2015 01:00 PM
    Waiting for someone to convince me that windows phone isn't a dead horse but I don't think that's going to happen.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    theefman likes this.
    09-05-2015 01:08 PM
    To be honest I'm very close to switching to iOS.

My recent history in phones is Lumia 800, Lumia 520, Samsung Note 3(which was enough to put me off Android and Samsung by being a great phone hobbled by awful software), Lumia 830, Lumia 930. I also have an iPad air and the thing about the iPad air is it just works, quickly and consistently all the time. This is one of the reasons I will probably switch, I've never had to close Spotify or Facebook because they are stuck "Loading..." on my iPad like I have to on an almost daily basis on my 930. Also the speed at which apps open negates the lack of live tiles somewhat.

I do think Microsoft have missed a trick by not announcing the new Lumia's yet. I know a few people that had Windows phones and would have gladly bought another however there is nothing out there worth upgrading to and now it seems that it will be announced after the iPhone 6s Microsoft will likely lose more customers.

I'm due an upgrade in February so I should get to see Windows 10 on my 930 by then. Maybe that will change my mine back as the 950 and 950xl are going to have to be exceptional to do it on their own.

But then there is the Surface Phone....
    09-05-2015 01:26 PM
    Briefly:
    Definitely yes!
    09-05-2015 01:55 PM
    stopped reading after this
    blaming Microsoft for Instagram's incompetence? not that **** again

Am not blaming to MSFT by lack of app, but is responsible, since this OS at beginning was bad build then don't captured any market share and that cause the lack of apps.

ALSO as you live in America you have no idea of what happens in the rest of the world and tends to think that MSFT does the same good work in elsewhere but by example do you know that Microsoft don't have an store of music, video in my country , Chile, no surely don't know that, or that bing is awful here that cause vomit no neither have or know those facts when you get a phone specially a high end one you also seek the not existent Microsoft services which in my country don't exist and watch that Google and apple have deployed those things here in my country then do you think Microsoft does a good work? also am not fan of MSFT anymore and don't care if like or not my words am not a gold coin
    theefman likes this.
    09-05-2015 02:07 PM
    Just buy a Lumia 735 last week, my third WP and (let's hope not soon) when the time cames, I will buy another WP, no doubt, but a Windows Mobile, because they support their devices better than OEMs working on the platform.

Also, love Windows Phone, it's just great and works amazing for me.
    they support their devices better than any other? what a good joke. they supported wp7.5 users very well oh yes, the same with windows rt devices...yes very well..NOT. let's be serious and admit at least true facts not the ones we wish it would be true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-05-2015 02:13 PM
    Well lately I've been eyeing some other phones, strictly stock android (moto X, nexus, nextbit robin looks nice and interesting) but I must say I've gotten used to some features in WP which I really like (first that comes to mind is glance screen, although I believe motorola have something similar in their android). Also extremely important is the actual design of the phone (I have a Lumia 920 at the moment, love the design, only regret is that I didn't manage to get it in yellow) and the camera shutter button, with half press to focus and all, really really love the feel of that on the phone! At this point in time I'm leaning towards a yes, although the leaked renders of the 940/950 family don't look too impressive.. Definitely not going to spend 800 on an iphone! That I can tell you!
    09-05-2015 02:19 PM
    No, I did not buy another microsoft mobile.
    09-05-2015 02:25 PM
1,280 ... 1617181920 ...