tools
    Yes!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    02-02-2016 07:35 AM
    Yes!!!
    02-02-2016 08:23 AM
    Yes!
    02-02-2016 08:48 AM
    Yes, although I am starting have some concerns about future support given the CEO's statements. After seeing Blackberry abandon their BB10 OS and move to android I am not eager to see that happen again.
    02-02-2016 08:52 AM
    I've always been an "iPhone guy"(hate android)!!!BUT because I didn't have the money to buy an iPhone this year,i just bought the Lumia 640xl...you know what????my next phone will definitely be a windows phone!!!!i can do everything I want and i didnt spend that big amount of money! best OS ever!!!!and the apps will came.....I'm sure!!!just be patient....
    02-02-2016 08:58 AM
    It's simple, 98.4% of smart phone users don't care if it's on Windows phone. 16 million out of 1 Billion do and is shrinking daily.
    Add a badge in the website is a 5 minutes work. Not a excuse if the already have the app built
    02-02-2016 09:09 AM
    I say sure. For relatives and family that want a smartphone but not something too expensive I'd get one for them. For a family member that's never had a smartphone I'd get them a lumia.

For me, not really. Maybe on a firesale which seems to be the case. Seen Lumia 640 on sale as low as 30. I'd get it and unlock it as my backup device. I'm just waiting but honestly I've given up ever moving to this platform. Had high expectations on WP10.
    02-02-2016 12:16 PM
    I have been out from WP for almost 2 years,but I will say - yes.But there is one thing:

I am not sure about the direction where W10Mobile is going.I mean,will there be another budget successor like Nokia 520?I want to go back to Windows Phone because it was way simplier and I like it a lot more, but I am not ready to spend 500 euros for Lumia 950. If someone can point me to really good budget Windows Phone,you are welcome and I may consider migrating from Android and Nexus 5 to Windows Phone.
    02-02-2016 01:16 PM
    After spending my free time fixing Android-phones, Android will never be an option as long as it is this bad.
    Iphone is just to limited.
    Windows on the phone is perfect.
    02-02-2016 03:12 PM
    Probably yes!!
    I really like MS product and I hope it get better and better...
    02-02-2016 07:18 PM
    Add a badge in the website is a 5 minutes work. Not a excuse if the already have the app built
    You don't get it, THEY DON'T CARE....... Any effort no matter how small is a waste of time in their eyes. I can imagine a proof session & some one speaks up & says "hey we forgot to add the Windows Phone logo" there's a silent pause, everyone looks at each other, then all shrug their shoulders & move on. That's called not caring.
    Phone_fan likes this.
    02-02-2016 08:41 PM
    After spending my free time fixing Android-phones, Android will never be an option as long as it is this bad.
    Iphone is just to limited.
    Windows on the phone is perfect.
    I like it too but out of 1 billion phones sold this year 984 million disagree with us.....
    02-02-2016 08:49 PM
    I switched to Android a couple of years ago and I still miss my lumia 920 (Best phone I ever owned). Android has more apps, but windows was a better os IMHO.
    02-02-2016 11:51 PM
    You don't get it, THEY DON'T CARE....... Any effort no matter how small is a waste of time in their eyes. I can imagine a proof session & some one speaks up & says "hey we forgot to add the Windows Phone logo" there's a silent pause, everyone looks at each other, then all shrug their shoulders & move on. That's called not caring.
    This is where the boss should act like any other company
    02-03-2016 08:32 AM
    I probably wouldn't buy another Windows Phone. Microsoft has had all this time to refine it and make it slick, smooth and clean and they haven't done so yet. It isn't responsive and needs a lot of work. Considering Windows Phone's low market share and Microsoft's supposed desire to make a strong showing with Windows Phone and the fact they haven't refined the system in all these years, I have lost interest in it. Microsoft won't change. They won't do what needs to be done. They seem to be just hoping what they have will catch on. It won't catch on...not until they really refine it and make it excellent.
    02-03-2016 12:05 PM
    Probably not... I'm already regretting getting my 950 just two months in and wishing I had a Nexus 5x instead. Unless they totally turn the OS around by the time I'm up for an upgrade, I'm probably going to Android. I don't even need all the app compatibility, I just want a consistent OS that finally feels complete and at least some of the basic apps regularly updated (Spotify, Instagram BETA, etc). I can't believe Microsoft is even getting away with selling a $550-$600 phone that's incomplete, both in the OS and physical build of the phone. I used to love the idea of WM, but now it's really getting old that one of the worlds biggest corporations can't even push out a mobile OS in a decent amount of time for users that have been loyal and purchased their expensive phones.
    02-03-2016 04:02 PM
    This is where the boss should act like any other company
    Except the boss was in the room and DIDN'T CARE..... In fact he probably would be pissed the company is wasting resources on 1.6% of the market. And on that note I think this horse has been beat enough....
    02-03-2016 10:15 PM
    Yes, in fact about to ditch Android and iOS again for another Windows phone, I miss the live tiles, pin to start, black backgrounds, the whole ui, apps like navicomputer for easy gps maps offline, better app integration with the superb fitbit app and live tiles, miles better mail and calendar especially on Windows 10, I got used to Microsoft maps, one drive etc, I know these can all be utilised on Android and ios, but I prefer the way it all works on Windows phone. I prefer to be jumping onto a sinking ship than off it, hate being the same as everyone else.
    02-04-2016 01:36 AM
    Till they make awesome wm10 phones i will be buying them..i don't understand y u people take market share of u.s.. When windows mobile 10 is around 10% in europe and other countries....
    02-04-2016 06:08 AM
    I said yes earlier in this thread, but as of now, I don't know. I'm going to do an Android trial and then we will see from there. I'll come back with a new response or a revised one.
    02-04-2016 08:27 AM
    Yes, yes, yes. I hate iOS and Android, so what option would I have even if I didn't think WP is the best?
    02-04-2016 07:32 PM
    Totally! I loved my Lumia 1020 so sad when I broke it. Now using 950 from AT&T. I love it! So glad a I can change batteries again!

I was really looking forward to getting both Android & iOS games ported via Project Astoria & Islandwood because I was hoping that the each would go to the backend server for each respective platforms. It would also be nice because sometimes a product will only have app for one platform but not the other. What would be really cool would be if Microsoft could work with developers to allow them to do the beginning port on request for an app and charge the user. That way the developers could see how much their app is being downloaded and decide to take over themselves and do updates for new features and bug fixes and take over.

That being said the only app I'm waiting on is Bank of America's Windows 10 phone app. I had it on Lumia 1020 and it was wonderful.
    02-05-2016 01:56 PM
    Yes, I would buy another windows phone.

Simple, a static grid of icons is just boring.... when you've used phones going back to old brick phones where navigation was through joystick of sorts through a grey scale app list (static icons) where you could compose monotone ringtones (which was your only option for customization). The tiles are a refreshing to look at, I can arrange them how I want etc.

That's what works for me, for others obviously not.

Use what works best for you, a phone platform / ecosystem is not a cult.
    libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    02-05-2016 02:07 PM
    I have to admit that I am partly with Windows Phone because of the good specs vs price ratio I have gotten out of my two Windows Phones (ie the Lumia 521 & current Lumia 640).

At this price point I can "get by" with the poor app selection for the moment because I do like the OS, although this could get to me eventually if this doesn't improve with UWP.

Also, if Microsoft only do Surface phones in future, and OEM low to mid tier phones (similar to the 640) dry up then I will be forced to exit Windows Phone anyway.
    libra89 and phlamethrowre like this.
    02-05-2016 06:01 PM
    Also, if Microsoft only do Surface phones in future, and OEM low to mid tier phones (similar to the 640) dry up then I will be forced to exit Windows Phone anyway.
    This range of phones has always been Microsoft's greatest share of the Windows Mobile market, so it will probably be the last thing they give up. At least internationally, phones like the 5xx and 6xx have done very well.
    02-08-2016 03:19 PM
1,280 ... 4445464748 ...