02-08-2017 03:20 AM
1,280 ... 505152
tools
    I haven't been happy with the UI changes which take the phone from an easy to use UI to something more akin to Windows Mobile 6.1 with small fonts, buttons and hamburger menus and many, many useless or unusable features for a phone and the removal of the hardware camera button. With that said, what are the alternatives? There are some nice android phones out there, but they lack the reliability of windows phone. There is the iPhone, but that seems to be an all-in ecosystem and the entry price is too steep for my liking. For now, my Lumia 1020 and 1520 will remain my daily phones. I hope that Microsoft can repeat the beauty and build quality of the Lumia 925 with an upgraded image sensor like in the 1020 but with improvements in speed. Until that happens, I'm not upgrading and may be convinced to switch to a different platform.
    02-04-2017 12:17 PM
    I haven't been happy with the UI changes which take the phone from an easy to use UI to something more akin to Windows Mobile 6.1 with small fonts, buttons and hamburger menus and many, many useless or unusable features for a Phone. and the removal of the hardware camera button. .
    what changes are you referring to? WP8 to WM10? I was messing with a WP8 device recently. The WM10 changes are all for the better. I also occasionally use my SGS6 and even used an Iphone 6s for a month. No comparison.

Sent from mTalk
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-05-2017 01:18 AM
    Yes, I would. I don't care for the latest games or social apps. I just want a phone that I enjoy using and allows me to be productive in what I need to do. My current Microsoft Mobile (950XL) is fine for me.
    02-05-2017 07:21 AM
    I think I would, but later having fairly recently purchased the Lumia 950XL
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-06-2017 02:24 AM
    what changes are you referring to? WP8 to WM10? I was messing with a WP8 device recently. The WM10 changes are all for the better. I also occasionally use my SGS6 and even used an Iphone 6s for a month. No comparison.

Sent from mTalk
    I've given you several examples in the above text. My point is that the OS is moving back towards what Windows Mobile 6.x was (an OS that can do everything and replicates the desktop) rather than the premise that was behind Windows Phone 7 which allowed you to do things much faster.

There are also now problems with software integration. When i do a bing search for a business, I get the results but clicking on the phone number doesn't bring up the dialer anymore, it brings up an app chooser and then I have to pick the dialer, which has a very small selectable area, then I actually have to choose call! There are tons of other annoyances like this. I have been a huge advocate of Windows Phone, but they are really getting away from the core philosophy which made the product substantially better than all the alternatives.
    02-08-2017 03:20 AM
1,280 ... 505152