Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
The 820 isnt even out yet. Nobody has it in their devices and they wont until next year.
Microsoft can use Snapdragon 808 on both Lumia 940 and 940 XL instead, ditching bad reputation and heating issues of Snapdragon 810, as Microsoft is not going to put 4K display screen after all in 940XL( 4K display obviously requires Snapdragon 810 processor,eg. Xperia Z5 premium, as Snapdragon 808 can't run 4K primary display screen).
It is not necessary to use different processors only for the sake of differentiation only when everybody clearly knows that Snapdragon 810 is a processor with much issues, heating, early throttling. Microsoft can release 940XL, later in early 2016 with Snapdragon 820 processor if they want to differentiate phablet category Lumia 940XL against regular Lumia 940. This might be a better idea.

Godson Arun Kumar

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
No. I ditched WP a year ago this September for Android and it was the best decision I ever made. I have no intention of returning to WP ever. I may check a Surface Phone IF it indeed runs full Windows including x86 programs etc just like a normal computer. But WP, never. I spent 3 painful years with it and I have no intention of ever repeating the masochist act. Specially when Android is so vastly superior to it.
Can't believe that a NOKIA FAN like you settled for the lowly standards of an android offering. You may not like Microsoft or their OS, that's personal. But coming from NOKIA I don't think any device out there can stand for what NOKIA devices did when they were in their hey days. In the world of android the 'perfect device, perfect OS' combo is totally non-existent. I guess it's just your hatred for MS that made you abandon WP. I've also been with WP for the last 3 years, a budget offering and I don't think any other OS other than windows on phones can in the least, stand for the essence that NOKIA did. I'm staying here (MS) until and if NOKIA releases a windows phone (again).

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe that a NOKIA FAN like you settled for the lowly standards of an android offering. You may not like Microsoft or their OS, that's personal. But coming from NOKIA I don't think any device out there can stand for what NOKIA devices did when they were in their hey days. In the world of android the 'perfect device, perfect OS' combo is totally non-existent. I guess it's just your hatred for MS that made you abandon WP. I've also been with WP for the last 3 years, a budget offering and I don't think any other OS other than windows on phones can in the least, stand for the essence that NOKIA did. I'm staying here (MS) until and if NOKIA releases a windows phone (again).

Humors that NOKIA is coming back with an Android not Windows

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
WP is by far the best OS in my opinion, and even if it lacks a bit when it comes to apps, I will certainly continue buying Windows Devices. By doing so, and if more People do it too, more Developers will make apps for the platform. Not that it bothers me much on a daily basis.

My wife and three kids all have Windows Phones, and they had to have Snap Chat. As a compromise, I bought them an iPad each for those need to have apps. However, I demanded they kept it a Secret.
I'm wondering what is your wife doing on snapchat...

viswanathansri

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Seriously ? No.
What is productive for you ? What do you use your phone for ?

I am not complaining about lack of apps, its about functionality
1) Well, for some real MS office work. Now don't tell me MS Office in WP8.1 is good. There are much better office suites in Android.
2) File transfer through wifi : Apps like ShareIt cant create their own Hotspot for file transfer. We need to be connected to some external wifi router
3) WhatsApp takes ages to load on WP
4) Loading .......... Loading ............. Resuming ..............

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I am not complaining about lack of apps, its about functionality
1) Well, for some real MS office work. Now don't tell me MS Office in WP8.1 is good. There are much better office suites in Android.
2) File transfer through wifi : Apps like ShareIt cant create their own Hotspot for file transfer. We need to be connected to some external wifi router
3) WhatsApp takes ages to load on WP
4) Loading .......... Loading ............. Resuming ..............

Ok, 1) Windows 10 Mobile comes with a new set of apps and gets rid of the suite (Word, Excel, Power Point and One Note)
2-4 though, alright I'll agree on.

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm undecided what I will buy next. I love WP, the look, the smoothness really has me, but its the app situation, OK I have almost all the apps I need just missing my bank really but its also the quality of the apps, some aren't great compared to iOS. Its perfect for me in every other way, at the moment this is enough for me to stay with WP.

Rohon Koley

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Honestly speaking, when I see an android device the first thing comes to my mind that It will be great if I have a device like this(I'm using Lumia 520 for last 2 years). But If I undergo through some daily needed thing then Windows is far ahead than android. Yeah it's a big concern about the apps on windows platform but I think most of all the necessary apps are available in the store. And now with the launch of Windows 10 it seems that the 'app gap' is decreasing. So in the next two or three months if Microsoft give us a Lumia device with windows 10 mobile out of the box I will definitely buy it !!

George Peters

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I will be picking up a iPhone 6s late September. I have had a Nokia Lumia 1020 for almost 2 years and apart from the amazing/sluggish camera I am yet to be impressed by Windows Mobile OS be it 8.1 or 10. I have had my fair share of frustration on all the topics thinkable and will be glad to have a stress free handset.

AdamInTx

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm 50/50 right now. I really do like the windows phone operating system and there really aren't any first party apps that I "must have" to cause me to need an android or iphone. However I've now bought two wp phones branded as "flagships" and both have been killed off pretty early. I bought a Lumia 900 and it was killed off almost instantly and now my "Affordable Flagship" Lumia 830 has also been killed off. And... since I'm on AT&T I can pretty much bet that the 830 will never get another official update and my only way to get 10 will be the insider program.

Pesmerga

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
It depends on my budget

For about 150€? Sure I'd buy another one

>200€? Nope, I've dropped 300€ on my 920, it has a great camera, I like its design and all of that but the os isn't too great right now.

It's snappy and easy to use especially on low end phone where android is complete garbage. :)

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If the price of the 950 is around 500 usd then I plan to pick it up asap cuz I have one of the faulty 830s and its a pain in my ****. If the 950 is outrageously priced then ill settle and just buy a 640 and keep that until next year and see what else windows offers.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes. In fact, I just bought a Lumia 640 yesterday because my girl asked for one. I'm really big into how I use my phone. Having an OS that does what I want is almost as important as having an ecosystem that I want. I can't stand using iOS because it's simple to the point of sleep. And Android (either stocked or skinned) just never intrigued me. With enough practice I could probably enjoy a BlackBerry Passport but I feel like that would require too many sacrifices.

Now, I'm not satisfied with the progress of W10 Mobile. It's taking forever for this "universal" Windows strategy to line up. That's likely why we didn't have any significant OS updates last year. So no new flagships and no major updates in 2014 is enormously frustrating. And it's going to be even more frustrating when W10 is ready and then we're stuck waiting on the carriers to release it. But I don't feel like my phone has reached paperweight status.

What one person wants or needs from their smartphone will vary from another. Teens want apps to keep up with other teens. Gamers want games. Productivity users want more productivity, etc. I definitely lean more towards the productivity aspects. Not just for Office, but for email, OneDrive and general communication. W10, even at this woefully unfinished stage, is checking most of my boxes. My reasons to switch dwindle with every update.

But I'm not immune. I too feel the sting of inconvenience. I was in a lengthy line at Panara Bread the other day when I noticed their ad for Panara's mobile app. Damn, it would of been nice to order through the app and not have to wait. Depending on the store you can sometimes get away with the mobile site, but that isn't always the case.

Despite our ability to manage, it seems like there's always going to be those 3 or 4 apps that we want but can't have. Of course, I've been dealing with that situation since day one. Others have as well and I understand if you've grown tired of the struggle. I'm fortunate in that none of those apps are vital to me. But as I said, everyone's situation will vary.

Bruvas

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Definitely. I moved from Android to WP about a year and a half ago (1520), and I love it.
Yes there are missing apps, yes it'd be nice if they arrived, but I've managed with web pages for banking easily enough (pin and foldered respectively)
Being a user of xbox video and music, it all ties in nicely for me, and I prefer the interface.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
[h=1]"Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?"[/h]
Absolutely. I would never dishonestly purchase anything with fake or stolen card info or counterfeit money... :winktongue:

peterhof

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Well, into year two with my 920. And yes I would get another WP! Agree that the lack of apps is a bit of a hindrance, but the ones I use cover 99% of my needs. I do have an IOS device (from work) and also an Android one (for travel, don't ask!). Still prefer the WP as it integrates nicely with my Microsoft "world". Now, if they would just get the latest model out there it would be great! Of course living in Canada we are a bit limited by what our carriers decide to carry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel