Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
....Plus I am a big Xbox fan and its nice to see that direct integration (I.e. Xbox Achievements in games that could be had on other platforms.) ....

Thanks to MS you do have most of it today (on both Android and iOS). AND, it will soon be exactly the same :
Xbox Live?s cross-platform play: iOS and Android achievements - SlashGear

P.S. the camera software you love will disappear on the Oct 30...
Microsoft to end support for several Lumia Windows Phone apps on October 30 | Windows Central

Muhammed Safeer

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Definitely YES!! :D I hate Android, because that OS does have a good security and Android is used in all the **** type of companies!! Even china make duplicate Android phones. And about IOS, Already used and looks little bit same as Google phones and nothing interesting. But Windows phone is absolutely different from those phone, it has a good OS, design and very smooth and bit lagging but Okay with 1 GB RAM in my Lumia 640XL.

Jorge Ferreira5

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
This is a good question. I ve had a few windows phones 920, 1320 and now the 1520. I am very pleased with the phone and the apps available. It is true that some are not available on the Windows Phone platform, but who cares if you don't have an app for your bank? I can use a computer for that when I am at home or at work. Even if a main app is not available, I always find a third party one which does the trick, so I am very pleased. At the moment I think the 1520 is the best windows phone available due to its size so unless Microsoft release another 6 inch one, I wont be upgrade. I am very happy with my 1520.
Now the other question... why would someone move to WIndows phone. Well maybe WM10 will appeal to people as the OS will feel similar to the one on their PC. I did find W10 a bit of a challenge for the first few days on my Surface but now I love it.
The main issue in my view is the various eco systems, if you have spent a lot of money buying apps on IOS (for example) and music on ITunes, you wont be able to access those on your windows phone. For me this is the main problem for new Windows Phone users.

kenny jonsson

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Qtek, Lumia 530, 630, 800, 920, 925, 930, 1020 and HTC x8.
But i will skip the new modells from Microsoft or other companys, i dont belive in the companys mobile division or in the new(Beta 10) OS. They have lost me and i will NOT buy any more WP phones!

Like Beta? Then WP is for you! And if it dosent work....we scrap WP10 and do a brand new one.................

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The problem I have is Apple are to expensive and cheap Android phones are crap, so what does that leave? WP. A lot of people have also caught on to this, I see a lot of budget WP around here in the UK at least

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
The problem I have is Apple are to expensive and cheap Android phones are crap, so what does that leave? WP. A lot of people have also caught on to this, I see a lot of budget WP around here in the UK at least

For me it's the other way around. I'll get iPhones/Android (will choose the next iPhone) for free at work but had to pay for my Lumias.
It was OK when I got something "extra" (Office, OneNote, SkyDrive/OneDrive) for my Money but now it would be crazy to pay for a Windows phone.

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
For me it's the other way around. I'll get iPhones/Android (will choose the next iPhone) for free at work but had to pay for my Lumias.
It was OK when I got something "extra" (Office, OneNote, SkyDrive/OneDrive) for my Money but now it would be crazy to pay for a Windows phone.

Well I got 1 years free Office 365 sub with my L640, Perhaps that is something MS should think about throwing in with all Lumia's, Its not much but its something extra for buying a WP

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Well I got 1 years free Office 365 sub with my L640, Perhaps that is something MS should think about throwing in with all Lumia's, Its not much but its something extra for buying a WP

No, it's not much (and it would not effect business users) but that would at least give us TWO unique reasons for chosing WP/W10M, Live tiles AND one year of 365. ;-)

(Btw, a friend of me did really chose his 8" W8.1 tablet instead of a used iPad mini due to this type of offer)

EDIT: Three reasons: Live tiles, Office (if they ship 365 for free) AND HERE. I travel a lot in my work and it is very good to download the needed maps for each country in advance. I do not know if I can get the same on the iPhone, need to check it up.

Last edited:

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The question is, what to buy instead? An iPhone that costs 50% more than it should costs and has the most boring UI ever? Or an android that will get 1 update and will be abandoned? The only smart alternative is a nexus device, but their camera sucks until now. So,I don't know yet. The design of the xl is not bad, but it's so huge... And the design of the 950 is....meeh.

TheFerrango

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Like if my phone died right now? no. I don't like any of the phones they made recently, and the 'leaks' don't look good.

Personally, I've lost hope for Windows Phone / Windows Mobile and I'm not interested to buy a Windows phone.
I haven't lost all of it yet, but I'm almost there. the alternatives don't look appealing either though. I'll stick with my WP8.1 powered Lumia 925 for the time being. when that breaks (hopefully a long time from now) I'll see what the state of WinMo is and pick something

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The question is, what to buy instead? An iPhone that costs 50% more than it should costs and has the most boring UI ever? Or an android that will get 1 update and will be abandoned? The only smart alternative is a nexus device, but their camera sucks until now. So,I don't know yet. The design of the xl is not bad, but it's so huge... And the design of the 950 is....meeh.

This is also my predicament. Android for me is out of the question as its just to laggy. Leaves iOS which is vastly overpriced.

anon(9115560)

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Like if my phone died right now? no. I don't like any of the phones they made recently, and the 'leaks' don't look good.

I haven't lost all of it yet, but I'm almost there. the alternatives don't look appealing either though. I'll stick with my WP8.1 powered Lumia 925 for the time being. when that breaks (hopefully a long time from now) I'll see what the state of WinMo is and pick something

I had Lumia 920 and next month I'm switching to OnePlus One. The only reason that I switch to android are the apps.

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm going to buy a new wp after the 520 and 925. I really liked it at first (low price, works smooth, nice simplistic design), but I lost the vision of Microsoft with W10m. I'm using the insider version on my lumia 925 for a couple of months, and the look and feel of wp8 seems gone. The smoothness is gone: it's slow and many small and handy features are missing or work more complicated than before.

I really hope MS will work on the user experience to make it feel as before, and with more features and better settings. iOS is too expensive for me and Android is even worse in user experience.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I would but it doesn't appear that Verizon is getting the new flagship. I've had a 928 for 2+ years and the screen burn is getting annoying. May have to go with Apple.

Claudio_aka_Du0

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
For now... I would say Yes, definetely.
I had bought the first lumia (920) three years ago and I've got the L930 last May..... I said yes because I want to believe in their promises regarding windows 10 for phones.
Let's see what happens....

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm going to buy a new wp after the 520 and 925. I really liked it at first (low price, works smooth, nice simplistic design), but I lost the vision of Microsoft with W10m. I'm using the insider version on my lumia 925 for a couple of months, and the look and feel of wp8 seems gone. The smoothness is gone: it's slow and many small and handy features are missing or work more complicated than before.

I really hope MS will work on the user experience to make it feel as before, and with more features and better settings. iOS is too expensive for me and Android is even worse in user experience.

Of course smoothness is gone, w10m is still in preview phase, it have long way till the final release and possible smoothness on par with Wp8/1

jz78817

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it. Windows 10 (not that I'm holding my breath my phone will get it) seems to be undoing most of what I found appealing about Windows Phone in the first place. Add to that the lack of anything like CarPlay or Android Auto on the roadmap, along with the fact that the platform just isn't really going anywhere, and I'm likely to go elsewhere. Won't be anything Android because it sucks, so most likely iPhone it is. the head unit in my truck supports CarPlay and it's pretty nifty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon