Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
ALSO as you live in America

I spent my first 21 years in Indonesia and now living in Japan; have never set a foot in 'Murica.
don't presume something that you don't know.

and you know what? Bing is also awful in both Indonesia and Japan, but I found it not that awful.
I could still find >90% thing I wanted to search with Bing, compared to Google.
and FYI here in Japan, not a single big carrier sells Windows Phone; the only way to get a Nokia/Microsoft is through online shops.

and please define "this OS in the beginning was badly built"?
was Android or iOS began straight out mind-blowingly excellent? definitely no.
everything takes time, especially when you're experiencing a transition state (as Microsoft is going through at the point)

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
.... I use office at school to teach with and as such use a windows based laptop, a SP3. Onedrive talks perfectly with both the phone and the laptop.. my 1520 using windows 10 beta seems to work well,... .

You are aware that you can do exactly the same with both Android and iOS?
Office and OneDrive is not unique to WP. In fact, the Android/iOS versions outshines what you get on WP.

Alierna

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
no..I've tried 625...htc 8x...630 and now i have 640xl. and i say it loudly... this will be the last time i choose windows phone. in these years we always talk about smoothness in wp... but honestly.. who are we kidding with? we can't even open an incomplete app without waiting 3 4secs. we see lags in OS every other swipe. no one cares about our apps quality..even Microsoftit self. so why do we have to stayand suffer here? i don't know why i gave windows phone this many chances..but everytime it failed me. I've recently tried some new ultra cheap huawei phones and they are amazing. smooth, beautiful, fast and without any lags. and yes,it was full of apps and lets be honest... who cares about OS update when android on these phones are 3 or 4 years ahead of what we see in Windows? we are waiting and wishing for Android and IOS things comingto our phones and yet we don'thave them. I've seen a lot of Windows phone updates. and every time i waited for something better i got disappointed.
so yes. this will be my last try. i wait for 10 version of this ridiculous OS and i know that eventually i will move on.

fredie12

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
100% YES my Lumia 930 is the third windows phone I've had and they just seem to get better and better! yes lots of people complain the apps aren't as good as android or iPhone but I've not missed any of them at all! i.e snapchat etc. at the end of the day the 930 and windows phone are great performers and do what I need so why change?.

Kaycobad Johnny

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile will shut the mouth of all haters. Especially like continuum, skype integrated messaging and phone app, universal apps....
Will buy a new windows 10 mobile.....

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
100% yes! Miss using my Lumia 920, my LG G2 lagged so badly after the lollipop upgrade I had to load a custom ROM to make it functional...can't stand using an iPhone (having to help people at work with theirs) and android is just getting clunky....my next phone will probably be another Lumia

anon(9065580)

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
well then go ahead and get an android. wp is not behind android in any os perspective it actually is ahead in many aspects especially security.

we actually have also tried cheap huawai (desire 320) phones for base office use (oncall etc.) and went back to higher end phones because that crap is pretty much unuseable as soon as you have more than one app loaded, the lag was so terrible ... so i would be very interested in what ultracheap huawai device you tried that was so smooth this could save us a bunch of money.

in my experience the low end lumias outperform anything from the android camp at the same and slightly higher price point by quite a big margin.

jtpaajan

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been a Windows Phone fan since the launch of WP8 and Lumia 920. Before that, I've only owned Nokia phones since 1998.

I got the 920 on the launch date, and I still think that was and remains an amazing phone: awesome clearblack display, first ever OIS on a phone (and a brilliant one at that!), wireless charging and really up-to-date internals on-par with Android and iOS competition.

I got the 1020 on the launch date, and that was still quite an awesome device. Despite the slightly aging chipset, it had an amazing camera, two gigs of ram and a fantastiic OLED clearblack screen.

My next phone was the 1520, which is to date the best Windows Phone device released. This thing was amazing! Not only did it have the awesome Snapdragon 800 chipset, its 6" 1080p IPS display took sunlight readability to the next level. I don't think that display has yet been surpassed by a smartphone on any platform.

It's been TWO YEARS since the launch of the last flagship, the 1520. Between that launch on late 2013 and today, we've mostly seen Microsoft focusing on downsizing the mobile division it acquired from Nokia. There has been some new devices, but no new flagships. Innovation seems to have stopped completely, and once awesome and distinctive design gone down the drain. These new flagships look atrocious! Not only is the design totally uninspired, the damn phones are only going to come out in black and white! What the hell Microsoft, eye-popping colours were one of the things the Lumias have always against the competition!!

I have had enough. I have jumped the ship to Android. Nexus 6 was my 1520 replacement. It is an inferior device, and the OS does not hold a candle to Windows Phone 8.1. However, the Google services are amazing, and unlike Windows Mobile 10, this platform has a bright future. It's only a matter of time before Microsoft shuts the last lights at ex-Nokia hardware division, and with it, Windows Mobile 10 will, for all purposes, cease to exist.

Alierna

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
well then go ahead and get an android. wp is not behind android in any os perspective it actually is ahead in many aspects especially security.

we actually have also tried cheap huawai (desire 320) phones for base office use (oncall etc.) and went back to higher end phones because that crap is pretty much unuseable as soon as you have more than one app loaded, the lag was so terrible ... so i would be very interested in what ultracheap huawai device you tried that was so smooth this could save us a bunch of money.

in my experience the low end lumias outperform anything from the android camp at the same and slightly higher price point by quite a big margin.
desire series are nit from huawei .. they are HTC branded.
i've tried honor 3c...honor 4c... g630... g750...try these phones. specially 4c. this phone rocks.
don't try to use security card here... no one wants to write a virus for 3% of people with so many problems. that would be cruel.
if you do not side load apps on android, security is almost perfect.

Miti 1982

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
"Same boring platform that doesn't get refreshed" thus going back to iOS... I see what you did there...

And did you complain to your bank that not having an app for Windows Phone is an issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs