Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

Remy_S

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Off course! WP may not be perfect, but it's a lot better than the two alternatives. I bought the L1520 after years with the cluttered mess called Android, and IOS just looks like Candy crush. Yes, they have far better developer support, but those OS'es still feel like generation one touch OS'es, basically a desktop with bigger icons. To me WP feels like the next step, no desktop, just icons.
Now with Win 10, it seems like MS is finally managing to combine all of their ecosystems and giving us far better value than Android or iOS.

seanpr

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Probably not at this point.
I want to trust Microsoft to stick with it, but i just don't know. I like windows, I have 2 surface 3's in my house. I am hoping they will have a version I can put on my Android phone. I don't trust them enough to buy another windows phone (I hate saying that).

Last edited:

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
That's stupid... Most people don't even use their phones foe voice calls.

Apps, for people who are always hearded around like sheep after the latest craze, yeah... Go get the phone with the most apps... I mean I blame you for buying windows phone... With all the information out there, you new what you were buying and not buying.

I buy windows phones cause I dont particularly care for how messy Android is and how locked to apple IOS is. I like windows phone cause its simplicity is power. I get all I need from a phone with very little nonsense.

I have had many android (have one now), had many iPhone (may get another)... But windows phone feels the beat to me... I would rather buy an iPod touch than get an iPhone. Same with my little motorala phone now... It is a sidekick to my windows phone.

Why make a war... It your money, buy what you want. My very close friend works for apple, not retail... Not one time has she said anything about my windows phone... And she gets paid by them... But like she said, she does not drink the koolaid... And in my experience, most people in the industry dont care... It's the consumers making war while they are making money...

For me it is not necessarily who's better, it's about sustainability, if I invest in a platform my hopes are that it will garner features, updates and new hardware in a timely manner, as it stands now I haven't seen anything concrete that is going allow WP to gain momentum to the degree it needs.

I highly anticipated when the 950/950XL hit the streets it'll be the same old here in Canada, carriers "may" stock one or the other (likely the lesser of the two), and if colours are a choice that too will be of their choosing, they've seen nothing that indicates WP are going to be a big seller.

jonahtrav

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
After almost three years and countless times of dropping my 920 (tired not to) I final broken part of the screen today when I was out running ... It still works but the bottom left corner has a nice spider web...before weren't they saying we would we see the new phones in late summer?.. It looks like we should see the new phones in the stores by November? ...

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Too many issues with Lumia / Windows Mobile, similar problem with my bank, they have Android and iOS app but no WP app, I was using AirDroid on Android, there's no alternative on WP, same for Airfoil, they don't have WP client, TTPod, VLC, MX, Twitter and many other apps are 100 times better on Android. An other issue is data speed, on same network, same location, same time, on Droid Mini I get 5-6Mbps while it's hardly 2Mbps on Lumia 535 with WM 10 build 10512 installed and on WP 8.1 there is no option to choose 3G only network and it keep switching between 2G and 3G, totally useless. I like Windows Mobile but because of these serious issues, honestly there's no future for WP :-(

Last edited:

brianjangima

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Oh Hell Yeah! I started with the HTC 8X then 920 then now I'm on 830 running the Windows 10 Mobile preview build and I'm extremely happy about the user experience. I enjoy it. Please don't talk about the OS copying iOS or some BS like that. For all I know from a design persepective is that the UI stands out on its own. Unlike iOS and Android who's UI are similar on most fronts.

I wait for Cityman. I buy Cityman!

I actually didn't realize that Windows phone had such a die hard fanbase. I have faith!

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I would buy a another windows phone I just upgraded to a 640 from a 620.My wife and I both have windows phones my daughter was visiting yesterday and
said her whatapp app sent a cryptic message to her top 5 contacts including my wife. I said it was probably the stagefright exploit that has affected over 900 million android devices. She was very upset that her device was not patched so much so she might get a windows phone as well.

miketer

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Well said, you took the words out of my mouth. But I didn't know that maps lost the offline navigation option. That's frightening. I'm going to hold on to my 920 for as long as I can.

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I commented earlier on this thread that i'll dump lumia and get a Moto X play.
However, Now i am seriously thinking NOT to dump my 640 Xl ;)
The phone is nice, no lags, super battery backup, very good camera just to name a few points.
I think i am falling in love with it :p
I have only one gripe- the vibrator- only vibrates twice & NOT continuously when i get a call.
I have used iphones (5, 5s, 6+) and Android (Nexus6, Note 3 etc) and frankly i didn't like either of them. Iphone feels like a toy(a very costly one) and android- is very unpredictable. One bad update (like kitkat) and the device is gone :p
I will probably wait, see what MS has to offer in W10..

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I commented earlier on this thread that i'll dump lumia and get a Moto X play.
However, Now i am seriously thinking NOT to dump my 640 Xl ;)
The phone is nice, no lags, super battery backup, very good camera just to name a few points.
I think i am falling in love with it :p
I have only one gripe- the vibrator- only vibrates twice & NOT continuously when i get a call.
I have used iphones (5, 5s, 6+) and Android (Nexus6, Note 3 etc) and frankly i didn't like either of them. Iphone feels like a toy(a very costly one) and android- is very unpredictable. One bad update (like kitkat) and the device is gone :p
I will probably wait, see what MS has to offer in W10..

I learned a long time ago... Never update your Android tablet or phone.... In my experience, they always get worse and so buggy... I mean, in the past ot was the same with IOS, but that has gotten better...

With windows phone, that has been so different... Yeah, the spinning gears suck, but I have been able to get all updates and be very happy.

You can't count the windows 10 betas as this is test software and not release. .

Windows phone gets my praise for its efficiency with all it has... I mean, 920s are still kicking... If I had not broken the sim pins with an adapter, I would still have it.

Bakath

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
My first smartphone was a Win7 phone then a 920 to a 1520 (drowned in a river) and now I just grabbed a 640 xl to hold me over till the City XL comes out. So personally I have only been on a WP but then at work they gave me an IPhone 5 to use, this was my first experience with another phones OS. After using the IPhone at work I am still scratching my head as to how this thing became so popular and pray WP never dies!

Issues beside people adopting and getting more apps is the phones themselves since MS took over. Yes I am looking forward to the City XL but it still does not look and feel like a high end phone. I loved my Nokia phones but this 640 XL feels cheap, runs clunky and does not excite. MS go grab some more Nokia designers and trick these things out!

Windows Phone Forever!

Shockwave78

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Its looking like a BIG NO for me...

Me personally I have been waiting 2+ years for a flagship WP to come out since the Nokia 1520. I have pretty much given up on it and it doesnt matter what Microsoft is going to come out with. The apps are just still not coming in..

My daughter who i bought a Nokia 830 as her first phone back in February or March of this year she loved it! All her friends loved it! Then all of a sudden as the months go by reality sinks in and she is noticing all her friends have the apps she wants or she has the ones they have but don't work nearly as good on WP. Now she wants an iPhone.

Microsoft needs to step up there game seriously and pick about 250 of the most popular app across iOS and Android and then PAY the developers to make one for WP. Yes i said it, it has sadly come down to this, Microsoft needs to pay the developers to make the critical apps for there platform in order for it to be a success.

Oh, and i just pre-ordered my Iphone 6s Plus 128gb this morning at 3:00AM est...your loss MS

ohlumia

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Sad truth... Enjoy the iPhone.

Me personally I have been waiting 2+ years for a flagship WP to come out since the Nokia 1520. I have pretty much given up on it and it doesnt matter what Microsoft is going to come out with. The apps are just still not coming in..

My daughter who i bought a Nokia 830 as her first phone back in February or March of this year she loved it! All her friends loved it! Then all of a sudden as the months go by reality sinks in and she is noticing all her friends have the apps she wants or she has the ones they have but don't work nearly as good on WP. Now she wants an iPhone.

Microsoft needs to step up there game seriously and pick about 250 of the most popular app across iOS and Android and then PAY the developers to make one for WP. Yes i said it, it has sadly come down to this, Microsoft needs to pay the developers to make the critical apps for there platform in order for it to be a success.

Oh, and i just pre-ordered my Iphone 6s Plus 128gb this morning at 3:00AM est...your loss MS

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Wow. You're now $949 poorer than earlier today. But at least you'll have access to a few more apps.

Nice phone though. Enjoy it, but get a good case because that's an expensive thing to drop.

hf199

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I switched recently from 640XL to Nexus 6 and I couldn't be any happier. I was never an Android fan (Pre, Pre2, HP Pre3, Blackberry Z10 and Z30 and Windows 640XL). But now I see the app gap situation and it is a HUGE deal. I mean even the same apps on Android that are on Windows are just more updated. I hope that 950 and 950XL and soon to be Surface Phone due make an impact and developers cross into WM10. Because now you have Blackberry with the upcoming Venice (slider) and Passport 2 with Android and BB skin and security. The Venice will have both a qwerty slider keyboard and touchscreen keyboard! That maybe my next device along with Google Play Store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb