Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

MohitKJain

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Nope. I will move to android. I can't waste ridiculous amounts of money on iPhone. As of now Windows 10 mobile is way too buggy for me to be comfortable with.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just did. Again! 920 to 1520 to 950XL. Hopefully I won't break it before the Surface Phone comes out, because it did cost a pretty penny.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I personally would never buy an Iphone you are paying way way to much for what you get. I would rather deal with out apps then purchasing an Iphone.
I just don't see what all the fuss is about the OS is really boring as well.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I posted here about 20 pages back, a while ago saying No question, I would buy another one......

Now, I dont know. I honestly dont know. I love Windows Phone but, I'm starting to feel the writing on the wall. Microsoft has been saying things are coming for YEARS now...just like No tap to pay STILL but, Microsoft has claimed that they were working on something on the announcement of W10m

Now that Windows 10 (PC) has been out for 7-8 months now, even longer with the preview program. The Dev tools to create Universal apps has been out just as long (preview program release). Has the "app gap" gotten ANY better, even a little ? No, in fact we are seeing more big name apps going away. Ever week or 2 we see a post on WC that another one bites the dust.

As I said I love Windows Phone, but, after playing with an Android phone (LG G3) for a week, I hate the OS but, LOVE the features and App selection. Apps (ones that dont run in any browser very well, if at all), were plentiful. Every app I dreamed about on WIndows Phone was available on Android. Even Tap to pay, and it worked. After all, all if not most of Microsoft's excluseive apps (that we all throught were exclusive to Windows Phone) are all available for iOS or Android.

For Microsoft to give up on having ANY exclusives on their own platform shows Microsoft's thoughts on the OS... they have given up on it...

I love the OS on Windows but, the backing of the OS is not there and it's just fading more and more... Love or hate it, this is the truth and a very said truth.

gumbedamit

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
100% would buy another WP. I've had the 920/1020/HTC phones. I love the simplicity of the OS. I'm currently using the 950. There are a few bugs that I hope MS will get fixed shortly. If MS gave up on WP, I think that I would just get a regular feature phone. I use a credit union for banking and that would be the only app that I would want that is not available on WP. Everyone talks about how the 950's are not really flagships, to me, that is a bad azz phone. I've joined the insider program and was able to update to the latest version. There were some hiccups, I upgraded then did a factory reset and everything works better than it did. My battery life was extended and it works a lot smoother now. People talk about the phones getting hot and the update download sitting at 0%. The phone gets hot because it's waiting for that download and the radio is in constant use while its waiting, thus the reason for the battery drain. Once it's all up and running and the update completes, I see a 40% increase in battery life with the upgraded ROM. Don't get me wrong, there are still bugs but it just seems like most are complaining about the things that I've mentioned. Be patient and follow the steps that I've mentioned to upgrade and I'm certain you will no longer have those problems. No battery drain, phone doesn't get hot and all of my apps work without crashing.

fkpaul

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
After a year in hiatus (having abandoned WP completely and going all in with iOS) when I recently needed to replace my work phone I ended up bypassing Apple purely because MS had a new and decent equivalent WP phone - the Lumia 550 which is less than 1/4 of the price of an iPhone. It was a pretty compelling reason to return. While I still use an iPhone 6 Plus as my personal/ daily driver, the WP L550 is doing just nicely as a secondary / work-only phone, the WP platform is still a joy to use. Shame that W10M lacks a native task list manager that can sync with Exchange - a curious if not unforgivable oversight by MS who constantly advertise the office productivity chops of their platforms.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Been left WP 2 years ago and don't see anything that will make me buy another windows phone. That ship has sailed and I don't MS knows how to compete in the mobile game. They are a software company that has a lot of old mindsets that doom them to failure. They lost when they decided that mobile wasn't worth their attention years back and now that short shortsightedness has come back to majorly bite them.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I think windows mobile 10 is one of the best os...u know it needs improvement...its more open than ios and more secure than android....i use lumia 950 and lg g4....lumia 950 is one of the best windows phone i have used...
I see bright future for wm10 if marketed right and add better features and new mid range lumias...iam sure surface phone will get lot of hype....
Iam a happy windows mobile 10 user...and also own surface pro 4

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes I would... I have been using WP since de L521,L635,and now the L640... Just love it and on all I have W10 installed except the 521 which sorry to say had a little accident... I sure hopw Microsoft doesnt drop the Lumias if they go the Surface Phone route I would love to try a few out too.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I just did, twice. I spent all of 2015 using a Note 4, iphone 6+ and then a Note 5. I found a deal on a HTC M8 WP so i decided to give Win10Mo a shot. I liked it so much i bought a brand new 950. Here's the weird part. When i compare the 950 to the Note 5 the Note wins almost every comparison. The Note screen is much better, the performance is faster and apps are better but i still prefer the 950, for now.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
No it isn't. The app gap is greatly exaggerated and I don't use all those apps people complain about.

Sent from mTalk

But is unfair to use yourself as a comparison because you are not the only one using smart phone in this world. Is not exaggerated. The app gaps is really there and it's big. For a start, the Facebook app on windows phone is a pure joke as compared to the Android / iOS version. Then comes Messenger as well as whatsapp. Official Instagram is already dead. TBH, windows phone is missing LOTS of regional apps in other countries - banking, F&B, postal services, etc etc.... Everywhere I see is this:

2cn76gx.jpg

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
But is unfair to use yourself as a comparison because you are not the only one using smart phone in this world. Is not exaggerated. The app gaps is really there and it's big. For a start, the Facebook app on windows phone is a pure joke as compared to the Android / iOS version. Then comes Messenger as well as whatsapp. Official Instagram is already dead. TBH, windows phone is missing LOTS of regional apps in other countries - banking, F&B, postal services, etc etc.... Everywhere I see is this:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2cn76gx.jpg

Yeahh, even when they do have a Windows app they don't put the windows store badge. I don't know why

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs