Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
CGA111, give your phone to someone less fortunate around you instead of giving it the drawer treatment if the battery is still serviceable. Its still a very good basic smartphone experience that, while it may not satisfy you, could be the entire difference to someone else. Just because you're moving out of a platform doesnt mean you cant show it some love or give it a parting gift before you do. :)

-- W

WharncliffeOwl

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
No. In fact after having Windows 7,8 & 10 phones I accept Windows phones will soon be consigned to history and have just purchased my first Android. If the Surface phone takes off I may be tempted back but otherwise it's cheerio from me.

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If you guys want to quit WP, don't throw away or consign your 950 or 950xl to languish in a dark box or desk drawer, donate it to ME! I'll take good care of it. Otherwise, yes I'd still buy another windowsphone, one with continuum. My miracast wifi projector would work great with one!

StarLord0890

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes....I have never bought an android or apple in my life and never would. Its not I am not giving android or apple a chance to impress me cuz I have and they didn't succeed. Not surprisingly I am the only person with a windows phone among my friends and work colleagues and I love it. I have a orange l930 myself and its so beautiful every one looks over when I take it out. Android people get so confused when I give my phone to them to check it out and they just swipe up and down and left and right and give it back to me without opening anything....i find it so funny. I don't understand the app gap atall I have found alternatives to everything on windows store. But also how well my phone syncs with my win10 laptop....the fact that all my mobile notifications show up on my laptop is the reason ill NEVER EVER EVER change over to any other OS ever....its the most awesome feature. There's a app on windows store from which u can use all the social network including Instagram WhatsApp google hangout telegram and a couple of others.....i use it so much that I never close it so I never open it so I have forgot the name of the app lol so when I am on my laptop I don't even have to touch my phone or keep it near me....i just see the notifications on my laptop respond from there only. Windows phone FOREVER 🤘🏽

Sent from mTalk

Abhijeet Tambare

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes I too would. Only if the OEMs are well known. This 650 is my second Windows phone. Made my dad buy a 630 and he now uses my old 640. The 630 was 2 years old and no lags at all. Unfortunately he lost it. He had an android before and within a year started lagging and became frustrating. Also bought a 640 for my mom.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes I too would. Only if the OEMs are well known.

Under the new deal we are really attracting more hungry OEMs that want a name. If nobody gives them a chance they will slink away. I tried one and liked it. T. I. G. H. T. build. Really solid and a great display. Does what I want in a backup. When I mention the name, many shrink back out of the conversation and roll their eyes.

This could be a fatal mistake for our platform. We want to encourage, not discourage.

[/rant]

Sprint51

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been on Windows Phone(Mobile) since Windows 7 on my first smartphone (LG Quantum). I currently have a Lumia 830 that nearing its end. I am in a house of Android phones. I prefer the Windows UI over any OS, but the lack of phone options and a stable OS has be considering a switch. This should not be so hard. Come on Microsoft get busy and get a new phone out.

ashyu

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I just did.. after my Lumia 830 was stolen last month, I started to look for a replacement. In the mean time I went back to my former Samsung Galaxy S3. I was about to pull the trigger on a Xiaomi Mi5, but then stopped to think a bit more about what features about the Lumia 830 I really liked and would miss on the Mi5, and vice versa.

I realized that, while I really liked having access to all these apps and games again on Android, when using my Galaxy S3, the ones that I actually used regularly were also on my Lumia 830 (WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, a web browser). Any other apps I played with were more occasional use, during which I could just use the S3 anyway (e.g. Torque Pro).

Also, Cortana worked very well for me as a hands-free driving solution. S Voice just didn't work at all with my car.

Moreover, I really thought Continuum was a unique feature of Windows 10, so weighing those with respect to my own personal requirements were, I just picked up a 950 XL this week. I think Cortana was really the big thing that drove my decision though. I really wanted something that I knew could seamlessly work in my car.

scuba_one

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
No, they did away with the 2 biggest thinks that made me fall in love with the Nokia Lumia phones, the kids corner and the double tap to wake the phone. I also do not like the new system menu at all, have had it for a month now and still have to look through most of the menus in order to find something. If the sim card would fit in my 920 or 1020 I would stay but I am not staying with the 950.

ashyu

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
No, they did away ... the double tap to wake the phone...
I just noticed that this feature is back again after I just updated my Lumia 950 XL yesterday (I know it wasn't there when I first took the phone out of the box). It's now under Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Double-tap to wake phone.

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes, currently have a 950XL which has seen heavy use in the 10 months I have owned it. A couple of drops have cracked the screen though it is quite usable with the worst damage along the bevels, and am starting to have an issue with phone randomly turning off/rebooting on it's own over the last two production builds. A hard reset has helped, but not completely eliminated that issue. Am very curious about the upcoming Alcatel Idol 4S with its rumored specs and size. If it gets released, and it's camera is good, that will probably be my next phone purchase

Sent from mTalk on my Lumia 950XL

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes, currently have a 950XL which has seen heavy use in the 10 months I have owned it. A couple of drops have cracked the screen though it is quite usable with the worst damage along the bevels, and am starting to have an issue with phone randomly turning off/rebooting on it's own over the last two production builds. A hard reset has helped, but not completely eliminated that issue. Am very curious about the upcoming Alcatel Idol 4S with its rumored specs and size. If it gets released, and it's camera is good, that will probably be my next phone purchase

I think it's out already but since you are looking at that, you should also take a look at the Honor 8 as well. It's also the same size and same price. There are a couple of comparsion videos between the two. OnePlus 3 and ZTE Axon 7 are nice too, also same price as the other two.

You're a trooper to deal with random rebooting. I have had that happen 2 times on my 950 and I wasn't a fan.

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I think it's out already but since you are looking at that, you should also take a look at the Honor 8 as well. It's also the same size and same price. There are a couple of comparsion videos between the two. OnePlus 3 and ZTE Axon 7 are nice too, also same price as the other two.

You're a trooper to deal with random rebooting. I have had that happen 2 times on my 950 and I wasn't a fan.
I know the android version is out, but I'm talking about the supposed upgunned Windows 10 Mobile version that has been rumored. I'm sticking with Windows 10 Mobile for the foreseeable future, but thanks for the advice. Android would be my choice if I ever abandoned Windows.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I know the android version is out, but I'm talking about the supposed upgunned Windows 10 Mobile version that has been rumored. I'm sticking with Windows 10 Mobile for the foreseeable future, but thanks for the advice. Android would be my choice if I ever abandoned Windows.

Ooh okay. I think that would be a nice phone. Hopefully it will come out before the end of the year.

xTmX Korrupt

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Finally made the jump to Apple. After years of saying no to Apple and rocking windows phone, I just cannot do it anymore. Between how poorly Windows 10 has ran on my multiple phones to the app gap. I went all Apple, replaced my phone, MS band and Surface.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Finally made the jump to Apple. After years of saying no to Apple and rocking windows phone, I just cannot do it anymore. Between how poorly Windows 10 has ran on my multiple phones to the app gap. I went all Apple, replaced my phone, MS band and Surface.
About to do the same myself. If a "Surface Phone" becomes a reality I will definitely be open to switching back depending on the state of the ecosystem. I did roll back to Windows 7 on both of my laptops, I have to use windows for work and I am completely satisfied with 7.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte