Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I'll buy another Windows phone when my 950 becomes too old or abused. However, I'm keeping my eye out on Android offerings, simply because I think there might not be a Windows phone to upgrade to when that time comes.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I have just bought an Android phone for academic purpose as almost none of the apps I require are present in the Windows Store.

But frankly, I do not like that phone at all. In fact I've have not even set it up properly. I've only installed the apps which I require. I do not feel like using that phone as my primary driver.

This is because I am used to my Lumia 830 which is a beast compared to that Android phone. My Lumia is a lot faster with same amount of RAM than that phone and even the 0.9 MP ffc on my Lumia is much better than the 5 MP ffc on the Android I've bought. Same goes with the rfc and other common specs.

Hence, no matter how good or bad Android is, WM will always be my first choice for a new phone given that new models are launched soon.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Probably not unless a new phone with advanced features comes out. Other OS phones have fingerprint scanners, waterproofness and double cameras. The latest Lumia has...a branded camera lens?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Probably not unless a new phone with advanced features comes out. Other OS phones have fingerprint scanners, waterproofness and double cameras. The latest Lumia has...a branded camera lens?
You have a fair point here, but some of us don't care about fingerprint scanners.

I only have it set up on my Honor 8 because it is not just a fingerprint scanner. It also works like a button.

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I definitely would buy another Windows Phone! I recently got a Lumia 950 for 299 ?, that's great value for the money. I formerly got a 520, 630, 730, 640 xl and 650... some of them are now used by family members who also like them. The most essential features for me are AMOLED screen and dual sim (work and private), the main apps alongside the ms apps are Kindle and Netflix, as long as these two are available I would not feel the need to change the platform.

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Just did. My 950XL is having reboot/powering off issues due to a swollen battery,and also has cracked screen, that is getting worse. So I stopped by my local Microsoft store yesterday and played around with the phones hidden in the back corner of the store. Came home with a Lumia 550. Got it set up, and I'm pleasantly surprised. Runs well. A nice little phone all around. Will be using the 550 as my primary phone till whenever I decide to shell out the money to get the screen and battery replaced on the 950XL or the Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows 10 gets released and I purchase that.

Sent from mTalk on my Lumia 950XL

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I like Windows phone, and I'm looking to see what offerings are out after this paradigm shift.

Apple will always be my daily, but am fed up with Android as a backup.

Sent from mTalk on 950XL

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to go out on a limb and posit that if Windows Mobile had some of the missing apps, it would be a major player. You simply can't beat the UI for being easy on the eyes and well laid-out. I bought a Cricket 640 at Best Buy last week for $30, unlocked it and sold it on feeBay for double what I paid. The ad lasted all of 4 hours so people are indeed buying them. Last night I picked up a 640XL for $99 at the MS store. Anyone care to guess what I'm doing with it?

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'd definitely pick up another Lumia. In fact, I have my eye on the 550 and 650. Either phone will do as a backup. As the former's price continues to drop, I'm waiting for it to hit a reasonable point before I pull the trigger. As for the 650, I think it will be a while before I see price drops in my part of the world: It's still retailing at or near its introductory price of AUS$299.

I'm also on the lookout for the 735 for no reason other than I just want one. :D

As for the fabled Surface Phone, I'd have to look at the specs, the price and who/what it's targeted at first. That said, put me down as a yes. In for a penny, in for a pound.

rinosaur

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I sold my 950 2 months ago, I might come back and buy another one in a few months when its under $100 just to see how RS2 is doing. I switched OSes but I still miss some parts of WM10 .

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I just bought another 950 yesterday I and yes I would buy another Microsoft phone if they released another model in the future. I won't knock the other OS platforms because the majority of people on the globe are using one of those two.

For me the relative few deficiencies Windows OS has is not enough to make me go to one of the others platforms.

The underdog will come out on top in time. Hopefully.

DarkJoker33

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
The underdog will come out on top in time. Hopefully.

I had that hope for Blackberry and to a certain extent I still do. But their proprietary OS BB10 is "Dead" like WM10 is "Dead"
I just recently got a 950 as well (AT&T). Within 2 weeks I think. And overall, people beat up on it way to much.
There are definitely some annoyances if you are coming from another brand/company especially when you are used to them.
But, it is not lacking by much.

After my 2 weeks, would I buy it again?
I'm uncertain. It based only a few things though.

I'm in debate of switching back to another as I keep all my phones. I'm just not sure which I want to use yet.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Shhhhsh! I don't want everybody to know what I did yesterday. Firstly, sold my 950XL last week and immediately knew I had made a mistake. Love my Not 5 but it "ain't" a 950xl.

Remember back in the early eBay days when you had to sit and hope your last key stroke with 3 seconds left got through. Well, yesterday, I went on Swappa and found a 950xl that was listed at $295 (Good price) but in the notes, the seller said he would accept $250. I looked at the time of the note and saw that it was about 20 minutes old and the $295 price was still posted. So, I in my best frame of mind, started to refresh the page and low and behold, the $250 price jumped up and I pushed BUY NOW and got it. Hated to do that to another WM lover but you pays your quarter and you takes your chance.

Be here on Friday, 10/21. Can't wait. HeHe

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Shhhhsh! I don't want everybody to know what I did yesterday. Firstly, sold my 950XL last week and immediately knew I had made a mistake. Love my Not 5 but it "ain't" a 950xl.

Remember back in the early eBay days when you had to sit and hope your last key stroke with 3 seconds left got through. Well, yesterday, I went on Swappa and found a 950xl that was listed at $295 (Good price) but in the notes, the seller said he would accept $250. I looked at the time of the note and saw that it was about 20 minutes old and the $295 price was still posted. So, I in my best frame of mind, started to refresh the page and low and behold, the $250 price jumped up and I pushed BUY NOW and got it. Hated to do that to another WM lover but you pays your quarter and you takes your chance.

Be here on Friday, 10/21. Can't wait. HeHe

Well...

I was watching a 1020 on Swappa. It was only recently unboxed and tested before being placed for sale. Some jackwad was palavering the seller endlessly in the comments and seemed to have worn him down to $125 without the DT-900 and charging jacket so I just payed the $150 asking price to keep it out of the hands of the long winded Philistine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077