Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

decider

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
If windows phone provided the Sirusxm radio app I would not have left windows phone. I had to go to android but I do prefer the windows phone UI. Soon as a Sirusxm radio up is available I will go back to a windows phone.

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I had to leave WM a year ago because my L930 fell into the sea water and I couldn't fix it. I bought Xiaomi mi5 and it's a good phone. Still, I miss WM10 but I can't find a phone with full hd screen and top hardware that has a similar camera of L930 or L950.

So I guess I'm going to wait forever for a phone like this. The android is not a good OS but the only choice I have now. Soon I'm going to get one of the Olympus new cameras to get back to photography after damaging my L930 which was great while traveling.

Fyi, never felt the apps gap but the funny thing that I feel it now with android! WM in my experience with it has better apps quality and superior UI. I don't care about iris scanner at all.

Used to use
htc 8x, L930 and L1520(totally broken screen)

eastlawyers1

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Actually I don't know why I should buy Windows phone, because there is not new features for the phone, and compared with Android, it is more ordinary.

chris_t

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I would, but I don't have any variants. Was looking to buy an used 950XL, but that didn't worked out well. Signed a new contract with my carrier yesterday, no W10 phones available. I would probably wait a few more months to see if the Idol4S Global Variant or the Elite X3 or anything else shows up. If not, don't know what I'll do. It wouldn't make sense, economically speaking, to buy an used phone since I have some aquisition budget left on my carrier's account. Unfortunately, Europe, the main MSFT market regarding mobile was left with no options available.

Sprint51

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been Windows since Win 7 on an LG Continuum than a 920, went to an 830, and now a 950. I love the UI and the ability to personalize it. I do wish there were a few more apps but it has all that I truly need. I will buy again unless the next phones do not continue to improve.

azgoth444

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Have since the begining and will continue as long as its available. Everything i need to do i can do on the browser. Apps for me are a bonus if its there. What i have now meets my needs. Not even anticipating if microsoft does release a surface phone. That feeling of my windows phone as a pockatble pc makes me happy with what and how im using it. It just works.

Sent from mTalk

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
My 950 is working great, eventually it won't, it will be outdated or they'll release something with upgrading to. So, yes. I will buy another Murphy mobile device or a Windows 10 mobile of some sort.

ViveLeRoi

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
I haven't been happy with the UI changes which take the phone from an easy to use UI to something more akin to Windows Mobile 6.1 with small fonts, buttons and hamburger menus and many, many useless or unusable features for a phone and the removal of the hardware camera button. With that said, what are the alternatives? There are some nice android phones out there, but they lack the reliability of windows phone. There is the iPhone, but that seems to be an all-in ecosystem and the entry price is too steep for my liking. For now, my Lumia 1020 and 1520 will remain my daily phones. I hope that Microsoft can repeat the beauty and build quality of the Lumia 925 with an upgraded image sensor like in the 1020 but with improvements in speed. Until that happens, I'm not upgrading and may be convinced to switch to a different platform.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I haven't been happy with the UI changes which take the phone from an easy to use UI to something more akin to Windows Mobile 6.1 with small fonts, buttons and hamburger menus and many, many useless or unusable features for a Phone. and the removal of the hardware camera button. .
what changes are you referring to? WP8 to WM10? I was messing with a WP8 device recently. The WM10 changes are all for the better. I also occasionally use my SGS6 and even used an Iphone 6s for a month. No comparison.

Sent from mTalk

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I would. I don't care for the latest games or social apps. I just want a phone that I enjoy using and allows me to be productive in what I need to do. My current Microsoft Mobile (950XL) is fine for me.

ViveLeRoi

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
what changes are you referring to? WP8 to WM10? I was messing with a WP8 device recently. The WM10 changes are all for the better. I also occasionally use my SGS6 and even used an Iphone 6s for a month. No comparison.

Sent from mTalk
I've given you several examples in the above text. My point is that the OS is moving back towards what Windows Mobile 6.x was (an OS that can do everything and replicates the desktop) rather than the premise that was behind Windows Phone 7 which allowed you to do things much faster.

There are also now problems with software integration. When i do a bing search for a business, I get the results but clicking on the phone number doesn't bring up the dialer anymore, it brings up an app chooser and then I have to pick the dialer, which has a very small selectable area, then I actually have to choose call! There are tons of other annoyances like this. I have been a huge advocate of Windows Phone, but they are really getting away from the core philosophy which made the product substantially better than all the alternatives.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12