What are your plans given leaked flagship images?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And you guys decided my "Keep calm.." post was useless and closed it?

It wasn't really relevant to Windows 10 Mobile in any meaningful way. If you really want to kill some time before the next build, there's lots of threads in the "off topic" section for this purpose. Or simply step away from the keyboard and do something else, there's a big world out there....

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft likely monitor this site

Don't count on any official presence noticing one of almost 185,000 threads and these few posts out of over 1.6 million. Microsoft monitors UserVoice and other official Microsoft web presences for their input from consumers. Not 3rd party sites, so far as I know.

And no offense, but this poll is hardly scientific. The possible responses are limited and hampering. The sample population is skewed and any data collection is suspect as many viewers (Guests) are not allowed to participate as respondents.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.png
    Capture.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 104

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 and I don't expect to see anything tempting me to change phones in the next 6 months at least. Hopefully by then there are rumors of something decent to move to.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
As a current 1520 user, I haven't seen the benefit of jumping to a 950/XL. Sure it's going to load apps faster and take better pictures. But the 1520 already takes excellent pictures, plus apps load plenty fast. Heck, it even has 4k video recording. Windows Hello and Continuum aren't game changers (yet). And I don't feel like they will have any significant benefit in my day-to-day use. I don't play mobile games so that's a non-issue. And for the most part, the 950 is going to run the same version of Windows 10 as the 1520. Even though the 1520 is from 2013, I can't justify replacing it. I want a phone with increased capabilities instead of one that is just merely faster.

The Snapdragon 800 is old, I understand that. Yet I feel like it was a turning point for processors. The point were hardware started to outpace software. My phone is old but it's not bad. The 1520 is still really good. In fact, pretty much any 2013 flagship still holds up.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
As a current 1520 user, I haven't seen the benefit of jumping to a 950/XL. Sure it's going to load apps faster and take better pictures. But the 1520 already takes excellent pictures, plus apps load plenty fast. Heck, it even has 4k video recording. Windows Hello and Continuum aren't game changers (yet). And I don't feel like they will have any significant benefit in my day-to-day use. I don't play mobile games so that's a non-issue. And for the most part, the 950 is going to run the same version of Windows 10 as the 1520. Even though the 1520 is from 2013, I can't justify replacing it. I want a phone with increased capabilities instead of one that is just merely faster.

The Snapdragon 800 is old, I understand that. Yet I feel like it was a turning point for processors. The point were hardware started to outpace software. My phone is old but it's not bad. The 1520 is still really good. In fact, pretty much any 2013 flagship still holds up.

Old? Maybe outdated, but certainly not old. Does your 1520 work as quick today as when you first got it? If so, why upgrade for a device that may only be fractions of a second quicker? Now, if the 950 series supports Continuum, then that's a different story but only if you really plan to use the feature.

pkvillager

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been very happy with WP. I have all the productivity apps I need and enough entertainment apps to keep me busy waiting in line for anything. I am getting sick of my 1520, loved my 920 and wished ATT would have got the 930. I am eagerly awaiting the 950 & XL. This Jan I had to get my wife a damn iPhone 6 since the only new WP's were the 830 and M8, the specs sucked on the 830 and I didn't trust HTC at the time. Well I'm selling her phone and she will be getting a 950 and I'm probably going XL, teenage daughter will get the 1520 unless she can buy the iPhone from me :winktongue:

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
It wasn't really relevant to Windows 10 Mobile in any meaningful way. If you really want to kill some time before the next build, there's lots of threads in the "off topic" section for this purpose. Or simply step away from the keyboard and do something else, there's a big world out there....

Thanks for the feedback, Mr. Moderator.

I guess humor is not your thing.

Just wondering, what is it with all the moderator high-fiving of each other. Not the standard procedure I have seen on most reputable sites.

Keep calm, and enjoy the next build (whenever it does arrive!)

edit: as a Moderator, if you felt my post was in the wrong section, i.e. should have been in off-topic / humor / nobody-cares, then I guess moving it there would have been the proper thing to do, thanks for your efforts, it seems to be a tough job for some

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't count on any official presence noticing one of almost 185,000 threads and these few posts out of over 1.6 million. Microsoft monitors UserVoice and other official Microsoft web presences for their input from consumers. Not 3rd party sites, so far as I know.

And no offense, but this poll is hardly scientific. The possible responses are limited and hampering. The sample population is skewed and any data collection is suspect as many viewers (Guests) are not allowed to participate as respondents.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=111502&stc=1

I would give them a lot more credit than that.

Those are small numbers for the Bing search engine and Cortana (and Microsoft's other tools) to crunch through and find trends, commonalities, and topics they might want to research on its customers.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Now, an Xperia running W10M would get me a bit more excited.

Sony has done a great job of catering to music playback with the ability to use an external DAC.

Couldn't agree more. With Nokia now out of the picture at Microsoft, my dream Windows Phone would come from Sony.

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Just a bit offtopic, but has anyone noticed that the spacing between tiles in the 950 renders is the same as in/more similar WP8.1? In all preview builds the tiles are much closer together, which is one of the aesthetic choices I dislike in W10M.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Just a bit offtopic, but has anyone noticed that the spacing between tiles in the 950 renders is the same as in/more similar WP8.1? In all preview builds the tiles are much closer together, which is one of the aesthetic choices I dislike in W10M.
Those pics are old when we didn't that the new start screen(with less space between tiles) and Cmon look at the year we are on, we cant stay with the old metroish design.. Windows 10 needs modern UI and than keeping the old UI..

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am actually really considering getting the Lumina 950 Xl..... I love its design. I am also wanting to try out windows hello.

On the flip side, I have always wanted a Lumina 930 as well but the screen is too small so idk <3

I am certainly not ridiculous enough to leave the platform because of a design though lol

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I am certainly not ridiculous enough to leave the platform because of a design though lol
But you're not normal.

I'm like the naysayers. Its not what's on the screen that matters, its the box the screen is in that you never see if you use a case. Like last weekend, I could have picked up an original Picasso dirt cheap at an estate sale but I hated the frame so passed on it.

Fortunately for me I like the looks of the leaked 950XL pics so won't mind if they turn out to be real.

vcarvega

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
The 930 is a great looking phone, but I do think I'm going to go ahead and get the 950 XL. The 930 did look a bit more high end in design, but the 950 doesn't look as bad as everyone is making it out to be, to me. More importantly, the specs appear top notch.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I will keep on using my 1020 on WP 8.1 as long as I can.. I like nothing about W10M.. The other lumia would be exchanged for any 5 - 5.2 inches Android, though I am hoping it to be a Nokia.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Currently I'm using 1520 with W10 and loving it. I'm going to wait and see what the 950 XL really looks like when it is finally released. I'm not going to decide on leaked specs and pix. I'm hoping the 950 XL has a 6" screen size.

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Currently on a 1020. I plan to get the 950XL. I miss some things from 8.1, but overall I'm liking W10.
The only thing that might interrupt that plan would be a leak of a 1020 replacement coming soon with a kick *** camera.

Last edited:

Ozone06

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
The new Z5 from Sony looks nice.

I really wanted to like the 950xl. I tempted to wait until the surface phones in January... It really depends on how long my 920 lasts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb